METRORail Green Line

Guest danax

Thanks, it was fun. Kinda' debating on other projects. So if you (or others) watch the vid, please hit the "like" button. :)

Anyway...

just received this email about the east line:

I'll go like it, if you promise to put a soundtrack on the next ones :)

It's not a subway.. it's an underpass.. Same thing we have all over the city.

And reading chron comment after chron comment about flood potential.. that constant level of buffoonery makes me so furious i wanna go start punting kittens.

there's a place over in Montrose that apparently has more cats than they know what to do with. I'm just sayin'

Ugh.

I thought I was doing y'all a favor by not putting one on there. The selections aren't that great.

I'll get working on the following mashup for your next vid...

Ozzy - Crazy Train

Megadeath - Train of Consequences

O'Jays - Love train

• 4 weeks later...

Track is going in the ground. Between Lockwood and Milby.

Good news.

Also, I noticed during the excavation phase, that they pulled up really old railroad ties from under the ground, can anyone tell me a story (preferably accurate ;)) about how those got there?

The most likely (and accurate) explanation for this is that there used to be a railroad track of sorts there. :ph34r:

Track is going in the ground. Between Lockwood and Milby.

Also, I noticed during the excavation phase, that they pulled up really old railroad ties from under the ground, can anyone tell me a story (preferably accurate ;)) about how those got there?

These may have been from the old Houston Electric streetcar system from the early 1900's. It was a pretty extensive system and lasted until the 40's I believe. One of the previous lines, was the Harrisburg line, which ran down Harrisburg Blvd. The line started at Union Station and ended at the Turning Basin, with eight stops in between.

• Like 2

Good news.

The most likely (and accurate) explanation for this is that there used to be a railroad track of sorts there. :ph34r:

Ahhh!!!! that makes sense!!B)

These may have been from the old Houston Electric streetcar system from the early 1900's. It was a pretty extensive system and lasted until the 40's I believe. One of the previous lines, was the Harrisburg line, which ran down Harrisburg Blvd. The line started at Union Station and ended at the Turning Basin, with eight stops in between.

kinda what I was figuring, interesting how deep down under the current road height it all was.

Yeah.. Indie punk from Prague.. Go check em out.

Of course, they were all classically trained at the New England Conservatory.

Edited by samagon

Didn't want to start a new thread for this so I figured this was close enough...Obama last night mentioned Houston and how this new stimulus will fund a public transportation project here. He didnt go into detail or anything but it has to be promising for the other lines.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Re: the video posted above where they laid rail in an intersection in a 72 hour period... It is looking like they are about to do the same thing in the intersection of Fulton and Cavalcade on the North (Red) Line. They have been intensely preparing the space where the rails will be laid on either side of the intersection and have removed all of Cavalcade going through the intersection except for 2 narrow lanes of asphalt. Looks like the intersection will be completely re-done with rails by the end of this week.