Cypress Station Grill

tracyd

I noticed in an ad in our Copperfield community magazine about the new Cypress Station Grill, my family was excited about going to a new restaurant that had home style cooking. My husband, daughter, and I arrived on June 22, 2008, around 3:00pm. And we were seated very promptly. Our waitress came by to give us our drinks we ordered. When we first walked in there was a clown with a monkey; so I told her after we order we will go see it and we did. Our salads arrived (before meal) so my husband told the waitress "I am going to go get my wife and daughter there on the other side of front entrance"(which mind you we were 3 booths away) she said that was fine my husband came told us salads there I said hold on I am getting the clowns name and number and will be right there max of (3-4 min total) my husband returned to table before that time and was shocked they had cleaned off table and were getting ready toset someone else down. REMIND you he was gone no more than 3 min. and waitress was aware and said not a problem and pleanty of empty table no waiting at all. WE were upset the waitress appologized and could not believe that happened the nice ladies up at the front also could not believe that happen and the poor clown lady apologized they got the manager he finally walked over to the table they directed he to us of course he passed us up and went to the clown which we were standing right by and she said no it happened to us, so he came over NEVER introduced himself to us when only knew his name (Paul) due to Natasha the hostess (which was so sweet and kind) and we stated to him what happened well I quote " our bus boys when they see an empty table they clean it off" I was again stated we told waitress we were not gone 3 min clean forks by salad drinks full nothing touched he got right in front of me and I QUOTE said " IF YOU WOULD LISTEN TO ME THE BUS BOYS AND WAITRESS DO NOT COMMUNICATE to one another they are trained to pick up dished because customers may not like the food" at this time I was mad but I was not going to get down to his level and I felt like telling him I am not one of your employees, so do not speak to me in the manner, but his hostess and customer standing behind us along with the clown lady did hear him and all we wanted to do was pay for our drinks and get out of there and never to return again. We were not loud, disrespectful but if that is a manager and if he treats anyone else like that, that restaurant will be done in with in a short time. Every worker was so kind and felt really bad about the situation except for the manager and he finally half hearted apologized as we were leaving

Tracy

Houston, TX

I believe Paul is the owner actually so I am surprised that he would treat any customer this way, especially being a new restauarant. We were there Friday night. Had about a 20 minute wait. Found the waitstaff to be great, although our waiter was still clearly learning and had to leave to go get answers to some of our questions. Other than that, the experience was completely unmemorable. The food was bland except my husband loved the friend okra (I had chicken fry steak, he had combo plate with fried catfish, oysters and shrimp...for fish, Mama's Cajun is way better). The Jolly Rancher slushy was a hit according to our 3 year old but they serve it in a heavy tall glass, not a kids cup, which my son promptly spilled. They were kind enough to bring him another in a kids cup though. We did talk to Paul and he wasn't overly friendly even saying that his partner is really the people guy, he only wants to worry about the food. I have to say I was disappointed because I really want more nice family restaurants on this side of town but the food was not enough to bring us back.

I noticed in an ad in our Copperfield community magazine about the new Cypress Station Grill, my family was excited about going to a new restaurant that had home style cooking. My husband, daughter, and I arrived on June 22, 2008, around 3:00pm. And we were seated very promptly. Our waitress came by to give us our drinks we ordered. When we first walked in there was a clown with a monkey; so I told her after we order we will go see it and we did. Our salads arrived (before meal) so my husband told the waitress "I am going to go get my wife and daughter there on the other side of front entrance"(which mind you we were 3 booths away) she said that was fine my husband came told us salads there I said hold on I am getting the clowns name and number and will be right there max of (3-4 min total) my husband returned to table before that time and was shocked they had cleaned off table and were getting ready toset someone else down. REMIND you he was gone no more than 3 min. and waitress was aware and said not a problem and pleanty of empty table no waiting at all. WE were upset the waitress appologized and could not believe that happened the nice ladies up at the front also could not believe that happen and the poor clown lady apologized they got the manager he finally walked over to the table they directed he to us of course he passed us up and went to the clown which we were standing right by and she said no it happened to us, so he came over NEVER introduced himself to us when only knew his name (Paul) due to Natasha the hostess (which was so sweet and kind) and we stated to him what happened well I quote " our bus boys when they see an empty table they clean it off" I was again stated we told waitress we were not gone 3 min clean forks by salad drinks full nothing touched he got right in front of me and I QUOTE said " IF YOU WOULD LISTEN TO ME THE BUS BOYS AND WAITRESS DO NOT COMMUNICATE to one another they are trained to pick up dished because customers may not like the food" at this time I was mad but I was not going to get down to his level and I felt like telling him I am not one of your employees, so do not speak to me in the manner, but his hostess and customer standing behind us along with the clown lady did hear him and all we wanted to do was pay for our drinks and get out of there and never to return again. We were not loud, disrespectful but if that is a manager and if he treats anyone else like that, that restaurant will be done in with in a short time. Every worker was so kind and felt really bad about the situation except for the manager and he finally half hearted apologized as we were leaving

Tracy

Houston, TX

Stream of consciousness, I felt like I was reading Faulkner...

If you really want to get back at him, I am pretty sure monkeys don't go over well with the health department...

EDIT:remove jerky comment

WE were upset the waitress appologized and could not believe that happened the nice ladies up at the front also could not believe that happen and the poor clown lady apologized they got the manager he finally walked over to the table they directed he to us of course he passed us up and went to the clown which we were standing right by and she said no it happened to us, so he came over NEVER introduced himself to us when only knew his name (Paul) due to Natasha the hostess (which was so sweet and kind) and we stated to him what happened well I quote " our bus boys when they see an empty table they clean it off" I was again stated we told waitress we were not gone 3 min clean forks by salad drinks full nothing touched he got right in front of me and I QUOTE said " IF YOU WOULD LISTEN TO ME THE BUS BOYS AND WAITRESS DO NOT COMMUNICATE to one another they are trained to pick up dished because customers may not like the food" at this time I was mad but I was not going to get down to his level and I felt like telling him I am not one of your employees, so do not speak to me in the manner, but his hostess and customer standing behind us along with the clown lady did hear him and all we wanted to do was pay for our drinks and get out of there and never to return again.

Hereby nominated for longest run-on sentence of ALL TIME!!!!

Excellent work!

;)

Am I the only one who got a headache reading that? The whole monkey / clown thing looked like it was going to be fruitful, but the narrative quickly became too labrynthine for me after that.

But, yeah. Thanks for joining HAIF to bash the monkey / clown restaurant. We're, uh, glad you're here. <_<

Am I the only one who got a headache reading that? The whole monkey / clown thing looked like it was going to be fruitful, but the narrative quickly became too labrynthine for me after that.

But, yeah. Thanks for joining HAIF to bash the monkey / clown restaurant. We're, uh, glad you're here. <_<

I was intrigued by the clown with monkey. On the other hand, I believe the OP felt this might be a place to post her tale of woe. It's not, really.

Nor is everyone on the internets a blogger with a big vocabulary. That's not to say they won't have something to add down the road.

So they took your dinner salads? That's it? Were you emotionally attached to those salads, or could they have brought you a couple of different ones to make up for it? I don't know, it seems to me, if they had a clown AND a monkey, I would have put up with losing a salad. But, hey, that's just me. I don't get to see clowns and monkeys very often. I'll put up with a lot for that.

Red, I see a big Heights yard party in your future. Balloon animals. Maybe an inflatable. Monkeys.

Bathtub of Captain Morgan's.

:D

I like that idea. I wonder if we could get a monkey with a grinder organ. Those are much better than just regular monkeys. Especially if they have the little bellhop suit on. And a hat.

This has all the potential to overtake the Citizen thread for biggest thread hijack, as well.

I like that idea. I wonder if we could get a monkey with a grinder organ. Those are much better than just regular monkeys. Especially if they have the little bellhop suit on. And a hat.

This has all the potential to overtake the Citizen thread for biggest thread hijack, as well.

I think the monkeys are more likely to come from HAIF, so just have an outfit ready.

BTW: seems like you're somewhat involved in quite a few hijacks in one form or another.

Is this really necessary or fair? The lady who posted this thought she was helping others by sharing her experience. Other restuarants have also been critiqued on this site (as recently as Russo's) so mocking her for doing the same thing isn't fair. Can we just end this thread and move on?

00336.jpg

Organ grinder monkey says:

"A poster who creates an account at 8:52, writes a long meandering post, and logs out at 9:00, never to post again probably has put her critique up to be critiqued. Is it necessary? Maybe not. Fair? Organ grinder monkey thinks so."

Is this really necessary or fair? The lady who posted this thought she was helping others by sharing her experience. Other restuarants have also been critiqued on this site (as recently as Russo's) so mocking her for doing the same thing isn't fair. Can we just end this thread and move on?

Perhaps the use of proper punctuation would have left less room for criticism. Maybe a critique saying the food wasn't very good would due; but telling a stream of consciousness, semi-incoherent tale of woe regarding lost salads, clowns, and monkeys leaves a lot of room for criticism.

Well, I think it's great she posted, after all we would have never known about the clown and monkey. That for one would draw me to a restrauant regardless of the food quality. However, she might have taken a minute to notice there was already a Cypress Station Grill thread.

Anyway, for all you in-towners who say we out in the Burbs have no atomsphere in our restrauants, try and beat the clown and monkey!

Gotta go, heading the Cypress Station Grill.....I want to see if the monkey can dance.

it is funny two people said the food/service was not that good and both said the front of house was anti-social and yet others will go just to be counter to the trend

the monkey would be something...but not with bad food and anti-social management

I will conclude in the first story that new salads were not offered?

who trains a busser to be so "focused and in the game" that they buss food that was surely clearly not touched

and who would think the guest would stay without being provided new salads :lol:

Salads, monkeys and clowns?

If the manager irked me, I'd scream, "Salmonella! Monkeypox! John Wayne Gacy!", and dash out.

Well, the question would be if you were talking about the establishment or the people within;if they happen to be HAIFers.

Archived