Happy Al Edwards Day!

JLWM8609

Well, looks like old Al has gotten his way. He won his seat back, AND, he got that Juneteenth statue he wanted so badly. They unveiled it today. They didn't put it up outside the capitol building in Austin like he originally wanted, but in Galveston. I saw a photo of it on TV today, take a guess as to who it looks like. :rolleyes: A photo of it will likely be online later, but I just started laughing when I saw it.

I kind of felt sypathy for the young Miss Teen in the parade when i saw it on TV. The float could have been done way much better than what it was. (quite bare) I imagine there isn't too many or not enough volunteers to assist for that event?

I was at GRB across the street from that new park deal and could see all of the festivities from a distance. The news said there was some kind of disagreements in parade plannings or something?

• 11 months later...
Well, looks like old Al has gotten his way. He won his seat back, AND, he got that Juneteenth statue he wanted so badly. They unveiled it today. They didn't put it up outside the capitol building in Austin like he originally wanted, but in Galveston. I saw a photo of it on TV today, take a guess as to who it looks like. :rolleyes: A photo of it will likely be online later, but I just started laughing when I saw it.

Happy Al Edwards Day!!!

(The statue not only resembles Al Edwards...it IS Al Edwards!!!) :wacko:

Happy Juneteenth everybody...we should all be celebrating.

Oddly, when I was a kid, the Houston Country Club held a huge celebration every year. It was one of the highlights of the summer. Of course, they only allowed white gentile membership at the time and all the wait staff members were black and serving us on Juneteenth. But good for them for celebrating it. It is a day to be happy for.

Archived