Lakes At Gleannloch Farms

It would appear this new neighborhood is part of Gleannloch Farms. Can somebody that lives in that area tell me if this is true. Or is this another neighborhood piggy-backing the Gleannloch name?

Also, if anyone has a chance to drive by I'd love an opinion and/or comparison to other neighborhoods around there. I won't have time to see anything for at least a few weeks. Thanks.

It would appear this new neighborhood is part of Gleannloch Farms. Can somebody that lives in that area tell me if this is true. Or is this another neighborhood piggy-backing the Gleannloch name?

Also, if anyone has a chance to drive by I'd love an opinion and/or comparison to other neighborhoods around there. I won't have time to see anything for at least a few weeks. Thanks.

So far I believe one model is close to completion, with a couple more on the way. I'm not certain if it is officially part of Gleannloch Farms, but the new neighborhood does connect to it through the back and it has the same structure marking the entrance as Gleannloch does.

The houses look nice and are fairly large, however they look like they have small lots.

A friend that lives in Gleannloch Farms stopped by this weekend and picked up some information. Then she drove the 3 streets (yes, only 3 streets) early this morning. She mentioned that these homes were like those being built in the Dove Manor section of Gleannloch Farms (Newmark as Concord mentioned). She said that some of the lots were odd shaped and would leave very little yard. The backyards of other lots backed up to townhomes looking directly down into your yard. While lots on the opposite side backed up to acreage that was up for sale (commercial property she believes).

Basically, in her opinion, IF (and it was a big IF for her) you wanted to buy in this section you better hurry. There were very few decent lots at the end of the cul-de-sacs and very few that backed up to the center pond. She said for the money you could get twice the home in places called Memorial Northwest and Champions. And that if you stepped up a little more you could buy in a place called Rock Creek.

• 3 months later...

This section was mentioned in the Gleannloch Farms newsletter for October. It is going through the process of becoming part of the neighborhood. I don't know what that entails. If you go to the gleannloch farms website and check out the community map you will see that it was not part of the original plot of land.

The rest of the neighborhood has the golf course to buffer it from commercial property and townhomes, while this section is essentially right on Spring Cypress. Further evidence of it not being a part of the "Master Planned Community." Don't expect a true Gleannloch experience from this section.

I live in the back near the baseball fields and although it takes a few minutes to make it to Spring Cypress, the buffer is worth it.

I live in Glenn Haven Estates across from Lakes at Gleannloch. The builder was able to tie into all the benefits of living in Gleannloch. The homes are very nice and if you drive in now you can see how they did with Ike.

If you don't mind being close to Spring Cypress, the hope is that the "next door neighbor" now being used as a dumping ground for Ike debris will become another neighborhood. It's on the selling block for around 4 million dollars (you can see it on Loopnet).

If you don't need the amenities you can try my neighborhood. There are a few excellent homes for sale and some were overpriced and now closer to what they should sell for. All are around 2-6 years old.

If you don't mind being close to Spring Cypress, the hope is that the "next door neighbor" now being used as a dumping ground for Ike debris will become another neighborhood. It's on the selling block for around 4 million dollars (you can see it on Loopnet).

There used to be an old sandpit out there. Is that the "next door neighbor" you're talking about?

If so, are they filling the sandpit with Ike debris?

It doesn't make the best foundation material for a new neighborhood.

My how things change in a short period of time. Our move has been delayed so we won't be officially heading that way until the new year. But we did have a chance to visit, see a lot of neighborhoods, and get lots of information.

Obviously by now most know that Lakes at Gleannloch is in fact part of the neighborhood. I had a chance to view all of Gleannloch including this section. Unfortunately, Lakes is very disappointing. These homes have nothing special about them except they are newly built. Mid-level builders, average quality, awful lot choices, terribly overpriced, and salesmanship was below expectations. My suggestion if your interested in Gleannloch is to find a slightly used home in one of the back sections. They are the identical type homes and can be had for much cheaper...some with pools. And there were some with golf course view for less than these wallet-suckers in the Lakes. Also, Spring Cypress is going to become 6 lanes once the new high school is built...going to become very loud in the Lakes.

My thoughts are that there are plenty of better choices in the Northwest region.

• The title was changed to Lakes At Gleannloch Farms

Archived