FOR SALE ~ Glenbrook 3br/3 ba Rambler- 8211 Colgate

Boy, don't see many maintained like that...I like the computer room, utility room (wish mine was that big, it's where I am the most, besides the kitchen), and of course, that beautiful backyard. Like I said before, Glenbrook Valley has real gems. The 1980's stuff can be dealt with. :P

I haven't been in this house, but I live directly across from it and it has very nice curb appeal as is. As far as the exterior, to me this house is just neutral enough that if you want to leave it the way it is, its fine and it has a perfectly nice clean ranch appeal. HOWEVER, if someone used some neutral paint colors and period landscaping, I think it would really elevate the architectural features of this house. It has a very pure, modern aesthetic that is not currently accentuated. I think with a small amount of work this one would show off as a restrained mod which I think is what it is.

Without going inside, I don't know how difficult it might be to undo the updates, but the size of the rooms and floor plan look good to me in the pics. The exterior of this home has been meticulously maintained...one can hope that this would apply to the systems in the home too.

One other note, whoever moves into this home will be directly across from two recent inner city transplants who are active in neighborhood activities like the Glenbrook Valley/Meadowbrook Supper Club, the GV Civic Club and the GV historic neighborhood movement. Just so you know!

Archived