Broadstone Post Oak: Multifamily At 3100 Post Oak Blvd.

http://www.dbrinc.com/ProjectInformation/P...mberSubmit=Find

Anything else on the horizon called 3100 Post Oak?

Interesting find. Looking it up on google, you will notice that 3000 Post oak is Bechtel Tower, the building to the right is 3040, and the building on its south is 3050.

3100 Post Oak would be where the tents are on that corner.

i have no knowledge of this project whatsoever... i just found that page very interesting.

So were the links working when you viewed the page? I pulled it up shortly after it was posted yesterday, and all of the links were dead.

Can anyone enlighten us as to what was so "interesting"?

So were the links working when you viewed the page? I pulled it up shortly after it was posted yesterday, and all of the links were dead.

It would take someone with more Microsoft knowledge to tell us whether the deadness was a matter of access security or of the files actually not being on the server. However, there's the matter of each project number beginning with a recent year, or at least consistently able to begin with a recent year (3100 Post Oak's is 08, and recent built projects appear to line up with when they would have been in the engineering stages), and what is so interesting is that you can see, even without the details being available, that the program for the site involves not only a parking garage but LEED core and shell and the possibility of a retail element significant enough to be broken out of the plans for the main high-rise calculations.

i dont want to be an ass, so i'll just quote what strickn posted:

...and what is so interesting is that you can see, even without the details being available, that the program for the site involves not only a parking garage but LEED core and shell and the possibility of a retail element significant enough to be broken out of the plans for the main high-rise calculations.

you may not have found that interesting... i, for one, did.

and here you go...

http://www.hicksventures.com/properties.html

rendering.jpg

rendering_f5.jpg

siteplan.jpg

aerial_f5.jpg

restaurant.jpg

restaurant_f5.jpg

restaurant_f7.jpg

and my personal favorite:

restaurant_f6.jpg

there are better full renderings of the building on the website, i just couldn't copy them. assuming this thing gets done, you'd have to like the chances of the deyaar project going up adjacent... these projects + rail will completely transform this southern galleria area.

EDIT: mods you may want to make this it's own thread seeing as though it is seperate from the possible deyaar proposal.

Edited by swtsig

sweet find. How'd you find it?

Typically, I am more or less happy with just about every new high rise. I'm certainly not as critical as most, but I'm really dissapointed in this one. Hopefully it's just the renderings that make it look bad. Each rendering is a different color, weird. But I'm also really dissapointed that it's so short. It's not even 20 stories.

Wow, just really dissapointed for this site.

Actually, if it looks more like this rendering than it does the others, I won't be totally unhappy. I just wish it was taller. I guess one good thing is that it won't cover up Transco as much as a really tall building would.

n159900085_30307770_9759.jpg

Edited by lockmat

sweet find. How'd you find it?

Typically, I am more or less happy with just about every new high rise. I'm certainly not as critical as most, but I'm really dissapointed in this one. Hopefully it's just the renderings that make it look bad. Each rendering is a different color, weird. But I'm also really dissapointed that it's so short. It's not even 20 stories.

Wow, just really dissapointed for this site.

Actually, if it looks more like this rendering than it does the others, I won't be totally unhappy. I just wish it was taller. I guess one good thing is that it won't cover up Transco as much as a really tall building would.

n159900085_30307770_9759.jpg

What I find interesting is that they went out of their way to show that Metrorail will be right in front of their building...

I agree, I wish it would be taller, I still think it's a good looking building, though.

Does this mean that Deyaar is dead?

What I find interesting is that they went out of their way to show that Metrorail will be right in front of their building...

I agree, I wish it would be taller, I still think it's a good looking building, though.

Does this mean that Deyaar is dead?

no, deyaar owns the adjacent 6 or so acres... i would think a "smaller" building of this stature with retail would actually increase the odds of deyaar moving forward on a large scale supertall, imho. but that's just my uneducated guess.

and thanks, lockmat... that's the rendering i wanted to post more than any other but for the life of me couldn't. while i do wish it was several floors taller, i actually like the design. i also think a restaurant facing the lake like that (with direct views of transco) would be a hit, especially if it's right off the richmond/post oak line.

Edited by swtsig

no, deyaar owns the adjacent 6 or so acres... i would think a "smaller" building of this stature with retail would actually increase the odds of deyaar moving forward on a large scale supertall, imho. but that's just my uneducated guess.

and thanks, lockmat... that's the rendering i wanted to post more than any other but for the life of me couldn't. while i do wish it was several floors taller, i actually like the design. i also think a restaurant facing the lake like that (with direct views of transco) would be a hit, especially if it's right off the richmond line.

26 Floors isn't anything to sneeze at, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't mind a taller tower. Hopefully, as you suggest, this could be a catalyst for Deyaar to begin on their project.

However, based on the location for this separate project, I'm curious if it'll be integrated into The Lakes on Post Oak in any way or simply exist as a building in front of it.

Edited by ChannelTwoNews

26 Floors isn't anything to sneeze at, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't mind a taller tower. Hopefully, as you suggest, this could be a catalyst for Deyaar to begin on their project.

However, based on the location for this separate project, I'm curious if it'll be integrated into The Lakes on Post Oak in any way or simply exist as a building in front of it.

you know, i had 18 stories in my head for whatever reason but you're right... 26 stories is perfectly acceptable considering the (((potential))) supertall going next door.

Hey, that ain't no stripper. That's an old "pro" looking to work the bar area & stake her claim on new territory.

As for the building's height, 20+ stories is more than plenty compared to an empty lot. We need in-fill in Houston and it takes all shapes & sizes.

Edited by Jeebus

Hey, that ain't no stripper. That's an old "pro" looking to work the bar area & stake her claim on new territory.

As for the building's height, 20+ stories is more than plenty compared to an empty lot. We need in-fill in Houston and it takes all shapes & sizes.

I love the renderings, but if this is not Deyaar Post Oak, you should relocated Hicks Ventures 3100 Post Oak to it's own thread.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Construction may start this summer.

http://3100postoak.com/

This is weird...page three seems to state that it is a hotel/condo tower. Yet, this whole time it was being advertised as office.

And I so hope the renderings play the reverse trend and it looks MUCH nicer when actually built.

edit: http://www.hicksvent...properties.html The Site Plan has two images of Penthouses. Do they have Office "penthouses" too?

edit again: I had never heard of Waldorf Astoria. Their website says their the first luxury hotel.http://www.waldorfastoria.com/

Doesn't seem like the best location for this kind of place. I would think Post Oak to be better, but maybe their banking on the light rail location?

Edited by lockmat