It's coming.

editor

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's a test.

Weather balloon in the desert, he says...

I saw one the other night. Almost hit the bloody thing.

Me too, on the way back from San Antonio on Saturday night. Also almost hit a racoon, and later on whizzed at 85 mph between several deer as I came over a hill. Yellow-ish streaks in the night. I was only amazed that they hadn't taken off either of my rear-view mirrors.

Weather balloon in the desert, he says...

Me too, on the way back from San Antonio on Saturday night. Also almost hit a racoon, and later on whizzed at 85 mph between several deer as I came over a hill. Yellow-ish streaks in the night. I was only amazed that they hadn't taken off either of my rear-view mirrors.

was it this one?

116666999812631_3.jpg

I've never seen an armadillo in Houston.

Look harder. In high school, a drunken friend of mine somehow captured one in the trunk of his Camaro. He came to a party and expected us to help him release it into the wild. I told him that Sagemont was wild enough for an armadillo.

The armadillo isn't going to flip over and come alive once this feature does, is it? I like the way it is now.

Also, is armadillo a play off of armor? I don't even know if protects them.

[spanish, diminutive of armado, armored, from Latin armāre, from arma, arms.]

Wow, good guess. I'm an etymology nerd but I never noticed that one.

I saw one the other night. Almost hit the bloody thing.

I saw one the other morning when I went walking. I don't think they see or hear very well as I was kinda shouting to make it go away (do they bite?) and it didn't run away until I was practically right up on it.

[spanish, diminutive of armado, armored, from Latin armāre, from arma, arms.]

Wow, good guess. I'm an etymology nerd but I never noticed that one.

niiiice :)

I didn't even think about it on purpose. Just one of those times where something smart accidently slips in

I doubt it, but they will scratch like mofos when you try to take them out of a Camaro's trunk.

My mother swears they (not sure how many) are rooting up her garden. I have seen the damage and can't argue.

Something certainly is and I don't think Chupacabras like ferns.

My mother swears they (not sure how many) are rooting up her garden. I have seen the damage and can't argue.

Something certainly is and I don't think Chupacabras like ferns.

I don't know if they eat roots, but I think they eat worms.

The armadillo isn't going to flip over and come alive once this feature does, is it? I like the way it is now.

I saw it flip over!!! Busted! :D

Dead!

ArmadilloDead.gif

Alive!

ArmadilloAlive.gif

Wayne, Wayne, Wayne, you need to be more careful if you are trying to make it a surprise. :lol:

BTW, the photo URL includes traffic!

Is this going to be a rush hour indicator?

No traffic = Dead Armadillo and Heavy traffic = Alive Armadillo.

No one bother Wayne, I want to know what the dead armadillo is about. :huh:

Well, since this is going to be a traffic report link of some sort, and armadillos are frequently run over in traffic, I'd say the dead armadillo makes perfect sense. :-)

I saw it flip over!!! Busted! :D

Dead!

ArmadilloDead.gif

Alive!

ArmadilloAlive.gif

Wayne, Wayne, Wayne, you need to be more careful if you are trying to make it a surprise. :lol:

Not so much a surprise. I just don't like making promises unless I'm 100% certain they're going to happen. That's why I didn't announce anything earlier. But I was so taken with the dead armadillo logo I wanted to show it off.

BTW, the photo URL includes traffic!

Yeah, I put that in a little later to see if anyone would notice it. For the record, cla noticed it first -- see post #40 above.

Is this going to be a rush hour indicator?

No traffic = Dead Armadillo and Heavy traffic = Alive Armadillo.

Actually, it was originally intended to be exactly the opposite:

Heavy traffic=dead armadillo

Light traffic=living armadillo

But I've decided to drop the 'dillo icon in favor of a hue-changing link. It's far more useful and doesn't crap up the page with so many badges that it gets overlooked.

For the official announcement, follow this link.

Or dive right in here.

Archived