Galleria, West University, And Rice University Areas

Boris

We're very involved in our kid's school PTA. Well, they had this silent auction thing to raise money and we won a bid for a one night stay at the Hilton Suites in the Galleria. So my wife and I had a little vacation this weekend and I took my camera along. Hope you enjoy.

Here's the view from the Hotel room:

001.jpg

Then we walked on over to the Galleria Mall:

002.jpg

003.jpg

At the Fox Sports Bar:

006.jpg

007.jpg

Main area:

012.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

017.jpg

020.jpg

022.jpg

Then we headed to Rice Village to have some drinks and tapas at Mi Luna (these two shots are not of Mi Luna, just added them in just to show folks that people in Houston do hang out outside):

026.jpg

028.jpg

Back at the hotel, took a couple of night time shots from the window (still working on the nighttime shots):

031.jpg

033.jpg

The next morning, went back to the Rice U area and took in some shots of the residential areas. In my opinion, the nicest residential area in Houston:

035.jpg

036.jpg

038.jpg

039.jpg

Great pictures. I always hear stories (on here included) about people being told by Galleria security that they are not allowed to take pictures of the Galleria. Did you experience that?

Jeebus, security shut me down at the Galleria, otherwise I would've had more photos.

and JB, you're lucky to live in a neighborhodd like that. Like I said, I think it's the best in the city, esp. because of its proximity to the Zoo, Hermann Park and the Museum District; not to mention the TMC and Rice U.

Jeebus, security shut me down at the Galleria, otherwise I would've had more photos.

and JB, you're lucky to live in a neighborhodd like that. Like I said, I think it's the best in the city, esp. because of its proximity to the Zoo, Hermann Park and the Museum District; not to mention the TMC and Rice U.

Yeah, took the bike around the zoo on Saturday....beautiful day....

They don't let you take photos in the Galleria? WTF?

Great pictures. I always hear stories (on here included) about people being told by Galleria security that they are not allowed to take pictures of the Galleria. Did you experience that?

Yes. in 2006, my French buddy and i were galavanting around H-Town with The Galleria as one of my stomps. We were stopped, interogated and searched...at that time, my buddy says, "do you really think anyone wants to bomb the middle of this mall?" they were not amused. 12 hours, several phone calls and a bunch of humility away, we were released. it is ridiculous to asume "terrorists give a shite about the Galleria"

Anyway, i guess i am thankful H-Town secrurity is looking out for us.......................

I was only told to not take pictures at the Apple store.

We were doing a photo scavenger hunt there, and one of the items was a picture of a team member with a security guard. When we asked one, they told us that scavenger hunts aren't allowed. Didn't specifically say photos. We snuck a pic anyway.

• The title was changed to Galleria, West University, And Rice University Areas

Archived