Bridgeland Meritage Homes

I'm looking at the Meritage Homes builder in Bridgeland. Does anyone have any feedback on them - good or bad? Not too positive of a BBB rating - curious if anyone had any firsthand experience with them. Thanks.

We built with one of their other companies in Cypress Mill Estates in 99, Legacy Homes. Last year we build a Meritage Home in The Shores mainly because we were so happy with the first house but out grew it when we added two kids. We did have a few problems but they worked hard to fix them and address any complaints we had. We have only had a couple of warranty issues and they have responded quickly to fix them. I do know our neighbors built a Meritage also and they are unhappy about their drainage in the back yard but otherwise I believe they are satisfied also. For us it came down to the price, there are only a couple of builders in that price range and we felt for the price they had the best to offer. Hope this helps.

Thanks bridgeland guy. We went back out to the model yesterday to discover they couldn't build it on any lots they had left and sales person didn't know when the lots in The Cove would finally be released - could be 3 more months. And then discovered that many "features" according to the plans we were given wind up be upgrades afterall - a little discouraging. He also told us that they do not allow 3 car attached garages in the subdivision - then drove around last night to discover tons of 3 car attached garages. Guess we'll wait and see if they release the lots soon and we can build the house we want like we'd like it. I appreciate your feedback above.

• The title was changed to Bridgeland Meritage Homes

Archived