Thirty Sunset: Homes At 30 Sunset Blvd.

What's the story on this? It's going up on the formerly beautiful green lawn between Temple Emanu El and Oak Shadows on Sunset Boulevard across from Rice. Today I noticed a sign giving just the web address: thirtysunset.com

At that site it says only "Five residences starting at $2 million" with a form to fill in for information.

What's going on here? I thought a few years ago the Community Association blocked Emanu El from building a parking lot here. With the new parking garage (ugly) just down Sunset, and the Ashby highrise fight, how did this get through?

And why can't I find anything about it on the Net?

• Like 1

I drive by this almost every day - will have to keep an eye out.

All I could find was information on the "Thirty Sunset Community Association, Inc." headed by Chad H. Muir. The address for the association is 720 N Post Oak Rd., Suite 605 (which is the same address for a couple other community associations)...

I signed up for more information on the web site, though B)

• 2 months later...

More from sales at 30 Sunset:

Thirty Sunset will afford these fortunate homeowners a true "lock and leave" type of lifestyle with very little to no maintenance at all.

There will be a total of five opportunities in this ultra pristine setting behind stately gates. The price point of each home, including the home site will be North of $2 million+.

New developments in this particular location rarely occur. Because we are in the early stages in our development, we do not currently have marketing materials to share, however, we have added you to our "Interest List".

• 4 months later...

McMansions of Traffic!

You've gotta check them out on HAR!

http://search.har.com/engine/disp.Search.c...mp;backButton=Y

"Picture the scene as the curtain is raised on Elegant Boulevard Living... The Sunset"

or this gem,

"Inspired by Hollywood's Golden Age, The Sunset is the ultimate high-end encalve, where luxury takes a leading role and world-class quality is choreographed into an unforgettable finale."

Edited by KinkaidAlum

ugh! who comes up with this pretentious crap?

Coming from someone who has a desire to develop ultra-luxury residential in the near future, I am finding myself constantly gagging reading advertising like this. The worst I've seen in Houston recently was Turnberry (if the shape/design of the building was not enough of a turnoff, their marketing closed the deal) with lines like "If you don't spend it, your heirs will", complete with man in tuxedo and untied bowtie looking out the window onto 610. Just garbage.

Can't you just picture some pretentious prick drooling over that description?

I am aware of very, very few people who can 'afford' to live in a 2m+ home in Houston in the RICE AREA that would really be sold by that. The fast $, at least it SEEMS to me, would be in other areas of town.

They are very much up and out of the ground now, but today was the first time I actually noticed...

I can't give much detail since it was a pretty quick drive by, but my initial reaction was "not impressive."

Drove in yesterday. Only report I have is "hope it gets better than this."

Found a rendering:

THIRTY.png

Yawn.

Too bad Ashby guys couldn't have picked up this lot, instead.

Edited by JWW

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've caught this out of the corner of my eye a few times while passing by. The house closest in view has an interesting looking roof material going on. At first, I thought it was slate but now I am thinking it's synthetic material made to look like slate. I need to stop and get a better view because I don't think I like it. I've seen some houses around town that have used the "fake slate" that look quite nice but all of those houses only used one color. This one is using multi-colors.

• 11 months later...