Sign in to follow this  
lockmat

The Perennial — BBVA Compass Plaza + Loews Hotel/Apts & Office Tower

gene posted this in the BLVD Place thread in January...

ps...they have not renewed leases in the old compass bank building at the corner of westheimer and post oak (2200 post oak blvd) and it seems most of the tenants will be asked to leave by summer or end of year...

bye bye ugly building...you will be missed!

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...st&p=225944

Now we have this...

Redstone Cos. is preparing to raze the Compass Bank building on Post Oak and replace it with a new development -- a move that real estate watchers have been speculating about for years.

http://houston.bizjournals.com/houston/sto...html?ana=e_ph#1

Hopefully it's not premature to post this in the Going Up! section.

gene posted this in the BLVD Place thread in January...

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...st&p=225944

Now we have this...

http://houston.bizjournals.com/houston/sto...html?ana=e_ph#1

Hopefully it's not premature to post this in the Going Up! section.

yes, tenants are being asked to leave in december... rumor has it that redsotne is planning another residential high rise. no clue about any retail component.

yes, tenants are being asked to leave in december... rumor has it that redsotne is planning another residential high rise. no clue about any retail component.

Considering the area, it would HAVE to have some sort of street level component like a bar or some small chain retail or something for tenants or visitors from the nearby Hotels.

The article in full basically goes on to discuss the history of the land, other developers' ideas and other similar points. The quote that jumps out at me in terms of a possible announcement or other more detailed info is that of Redstone's CEO stating that they are indeed doing a project there, but he didn't want to disclose anything further for another 3 to 4 weeks.

The article in full basically goes on to discuss the history of the land, other developers' ideas and other similar points. The quote that jumps out at me in terms of a possible announcement or other more detailed info is that of Redstone's CEO stating that they are indeed doing a project there, but he didn't want to disclose anything further for another 3 to 4 weeks.

This would be interesting. I wonder how much longer that strip mall has until it is eventually knocked down.

This would be interesting. I wonder how much longer that strip mall has until it is eventually knocked down.

which one? the barnes and noble one?

Hi yes, my company moved out 2 months ago, a little ahead of schedule since we found a great new location...and from what i have been told, the bank ONLY will move across the street (with no drive through of course) to the plaza for 3 years until the new bank building will be built NEXT DOOR in the empty lot... with the current bank lot being built on as discussed above.

condo, retail, "very, very high-end 5-star hotel"

So that's the word on the street, huh? What else ya got?

I hope the hotel is a Peninsula. I stayed in the one in Chicago and it's simply awesome. Either that or a Mandarin Oriental. I stayed at theirs in Miami and thought it was incredibly nice, also. I wouldn't call the Ritz a "very, very high end" 5 star hotel. Simply a 5 star hotel. 4 Seasons is in the Ritz category

Maybe a Burj-Al-Arab - Houston? Now that would be cool

I hope the hotel is a Peninsula. I stayed in the one in Chicago and it's simply awesome. Either that or a Mandarin Oriental. I stayed at theirs in Miami and thought it was incredibly nice, also. I wouldn't call the Ritz a "very, very high end" 5 star hotel. Simply a 5 star hotel. 4 Seasons is in the Ritz category

Maybe a Burj-Al-Arab - Houston? Now that would be cool

"as high-end as you can get" is what was said, i believe... or something along those lines. i immediately thought peninsula or mandarin.

Demolition started this week at 2200 Post Oak. The building is surrounded by a fence, and they are in the process of tearing down the parking garage.

Was any information as to what it'll be made public or is it still a mystery?

Couldn't find anything from Peninsula and Manderin has nothing

Edited by lockmat

yahooooo glad to see it finally go haha!

any word on how or what day they will take down the building itself? i am thinking of camping out across the street to watch and celebrate!

yahooooo glad to see it finally go haha!

any word on how or what day they will take down the building itself? i am thinking of camping out across the street to watch and celebrate!

Anyone else have a date for building demolition?

It's going on right now ... I can watch it from my office window.

Crap, had I known, would have taken a same location before and after photo. I drive by that building on the way to the gym.

Crap, had I known, would have taken a same location before and after photo. I drive by that building on the way to the gym.

Are they doing more than just parking demo right now?

Are they doing more than just parking demo right now?

Yeah, drove by it last night, fence is up, and the building is still standing. Just the drive-thru and parking was demo'd.

"Another" Redstone high rise? Har har har. Their first one was scrapped after the rendering.

the office component is a go

residential component is looking for a second financing partner

Redstone is looking for mezzanine financing for residential?

I don't doubt this one, it just sounded like some one thought the first one actually got off the ground.

Edited by Montrose1100

I saw this posted on another site. I don't know if there's any legitimacy to it, but the Perennial is supposed to be coming in 2011. Nice building.

ThePerennial.jpg?t=1242241703

no link, no nothin?

I'm assuming Perennial is the name of the tenant or development company. Which site did you hear it from. gracias!

edit: found the source here

Edited by lockmat

no link, no nothin?

I'm assuming Perennial is the name of the tenant or development company. Which site did you hear it from. gracias!

edit: found the source here

Sorry about that. Is it okay to grab stuff from another site and post it here?

Sorry about that. Is it okay to grab stuff from another site and post it here?

eh, I don't see why not. I'm sure most people are aware of that place and others. I wouldn't think they'll grab ed's market.

Do you happen to know if they guy is a reliable source or his reputation? Someone needs to get more than just that out of him...

eh, I don't see why not. I'm sure most people are aware of that place and others. I wouldn't think they'll grab ed's market.

Do you happen to know if they guy is a reliable source or his reputation? Someone needs to get more than just that out of him...

I don't post on the other site, I just look at it occasionally. No, I'm not familiar with Reverberation. If this turns out to be bogus, we can always remove this, but on a positive note, I so hope that this is true.

the rendering shows the project at a corner... presumably post oak and guilford. but the owner of compass bank land doesn't own the lot between them and guilford.

.. just sayin.

the rendering shows...

What rendering?

Is this another one of those times when I can't see it cuz I'm at work? :angry2:

What rendering?

Is this another one of those times when I can't see it cuz I'm at work? :angry2:

Apparently. I'm sorry for your loss.

Does it look like a condo or office tower? I wanna try googling it.

I know this must look really stupid to those who can see it.

Thanks

Does it look like a condo or office tower? I wanna try googling it.

I know this must look really stupid to those who can see it.

Thanks

I already tried googling. Only thing that came up was the oringal post from skyscraper forum.

Here is the link to the photo RSB posted. Maybe it will work on it's own.

You aren't missing much.

I already tried googling. Only thing that came up was the oringal post from skyscraper forum.

Here is the link to the photo RSB posted. Maybe it will work on it's own.

You aren't missing much.

Really? I was hoping for more b/c the first two reactions at the original post were good. Oh well.

The Company blocks sites like photobucket, but thanks for trying! for real.

or maybe in an internet date chatting kind of way, someone can describe her, er, it to me. ;)

jk, I'll just see it when I get home.

Isn't this being done by the Redstone folks? I think that's who owns the old Compass Bank site.

If true, it looks like they are adding an office tower and a hotel/condo project on the site alongside a large garage. They appear to be all connected too (for lockmat). The rumor was a few months ago that they had financing in place for this... we'll see.

I wonder who will run the hotel/condo portion? It seems awfully close to the Houstonian (which Redstone also owns). It's gotta be something that will compliment that development.

ok, this is interesting...

I just tried to type in www.theperennial.com

Guess what pops up?

A link to the Redstone Companies corporate website...

ok, this is interesting...

I just tried to type in www.theperennial.com

Guess what pops up?

A link to the Redstone Companies corporate website...

genius

Thanks for the description by the way. Got an estimate on floors/height? The next two hours are gonna kill me, lol

or maybe in an internet date chatting kind of way, someone can describe her, er, it to me. ;)

jk, I'll just see it when I get home.

hmm.. well.. i'm sure the bldg has a great personality.

Wouldn't want you to go all crazy on us.

...and you don't want me driving y'all crazy.

you da man, thanks!

I remember someone saying whatever would be built there was gonna be "big." Hmmm...

Other than that, I'm not real sure what to say. It isn't horrible but it's not exciting either.

Kind of an interesting design in that it looks like the tallest building is giving birth to the shorter one underneath it.

Kind of an interesting design in that it looks like the tallest building is giving birth to the shorter one underneath it.

i had a similar thought when i first saw it... building doggy humpage.

I think its ho-hum and safe. But it's certainly not terrible and i wouldn't hate seeing it go up.

Look at the northeast corner of the tallest building, it looks see-through. I think it's a safe design, but I don't find it boring. Post Oak Central is more edgy and they're nearly 30 years old. Actually #2 POC is 30 years old this year.

^Yeah, the northeast part kind of looks like Exxon with a veil on...

And yeah, The Perennial domain is registered to Redstone:

Registrant:

Redstone Companies

109 N. Post Oak Ln. Ste. 200

Houston, Texas 77024