lockmat

On 12/14/2016 at 4:09 PM, wxman said:

I know I'm in the minority on this but what a s h * tty design. Really disappointing. It looks like the architects got bored with project and just slapped earth tone colors to a mid sized box and for character put a skirt of glass around a double tall trailer. I mean is this all well paid architects can come up with? Leaving overseas cities out of this, Dallas, San Fran, Miami and Chicago, among others, all have ground breaking designs and we get left with D-student designs who couldn't make the cut anywhere else. That's my inner thoughts.

Rant over.

My public thoughts are: It's okay but little imagination. It beats an empty lot.

Where are all of the ground breaking designs in Dallas? 

• Like 7

On 12/13/2016 at 11:51 PM, monarch said:

^^^ @lockmat imo, the far left tower appears to be a full residential edifice which shall include corner balconies.  the outer / exterior design appears to match the LOEWS ultra modern exterior to some extent.  nonetheless, a 455 room count is huge, and the amenity ladened podium base is quite justified and balanced.  just a very well designed ultra-luxurious hotel that houston needs at this time.  this gorgeous new LOEWS along with the forthcoming RITZ-CARLTON, as well as the highly anticipated W HOTEL, shall catapult houston straight into the gateway city stratosphere.....  

I think that the residential tower you mention in the first few sentences is a representation of the residential tower already built just to the east of the site at Gulford and McCree. Google says that it's called Dominion Post Oak. Could be wrong though!

28 minutes ago, rayjay said:

I think that the residential tower you mention in the first few sentences is a representation of the residential tower already built just to the east of the site at Gulford and McCree. Google says that it's called Dominion Post Oak. Could be wrong though!

^^^ you could be correct. however, please take a real close look at the illustration, you may see a small bit of a tower structure just behind the structure in question.  i initially assumed that this structure was indeed the DOMINION as it appears just like it exterior wise.  who knows....... 

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 10:26 AM, Houston19514 said:

Where are all of the ground breaking designs in Dallas? 

I'm in Dallas weekly, and have no clue where their groundbreaking designs are.

Edit: I can't spell.

Edited by Gary
  • Like 2

https://www.emporis.com/buildings/1225442/perennial-office-tower-ii-houston-tx-usa

Emporis estimates the office tower at 492 ft/150m.

That kind of gets me sad, because the hotel tower was supposed to be taller, meaning that it would've been a 500 footer.

Oh well, we should still be happy with a 150m office tower.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

A Loews would be a big win for Houston. We have a big lack of brand diversity in Hotels. Sure We have every Marriott and Hyatt brand but nothing exciting out of that besides St. Regis, Omni, and our local Boutiques. 

The Design is really a bore, oh well. I'm confused though. Are the Flags/Entrance on Guilfort Ct? What would the Post Oak side look like if this is the "front"?

• Like 7

• 4 months later...
  • The title was changed to BBVA Plaza/The Perennial/Loews Hotel And Office Tower
  • 2 months later...