PNC Plaza & Mixed-Use At 2120 Post Oak Blvd.

lockmat

Maybe, but that is a super busy pedestrian corridor, what with all the foreign tourists that go to the Galleria and think Houston is a walkable city. That's what's wrong with Houston, every development is an island to itself. Look at lower Westheimer, could have been a premier pedestrian friendly district, but ruined because everyone can't see a bigger picture.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The site design has always called for three towers, originally I believe one office, one hotel, and one residential, although I think they switched the residential to second office if I remember correctly.

Here's an old rendering of what the site was supposed to look like circa 2009:

perennial-rendering.jpg

You can tell that the building on the left is the one that's going up (http://swamplot.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/bbva-compass-bldg.jpg), albeit with a moderate redesign.

I don't believe I've seen any current renders for the whole site yet, though, but the plan should still be to have two additional towers on the site: one on the corner of Guilford and Post Oak, and one towards the back of the site.

The site design has always called for three towers, originally I believe one office, one hotel, and one residential, although I think they switched the residential to second office if I remember correctly.

Here's an old rendering of what the site was supposed to look like circa 2009:

perennial-rendering.jpg

You can tell that the building on the left is the one that's going up (http://swamplot.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/bbva-compass-bldg.jpg), albeit with a moderate redesign.

I don't believe I've seen any current renders for the whole site yet, though, but the plan should still be to have two additional towers on the site: one on the corner of Guilford and Post Oak, and one towards the back of the site.

I had never seen that rendering before. Thanks for posting that Golyadkin. Having those two other towers on the site would really improve the aesthetics. Has there been any news regarding them since this building started construction?