lockmat

eh, I don't see why not. I'm sure most people are aware of that place and others. I wouldn't think they'll grab ed's market.

Do you happen to know if they guy is a reliable source or his reputation? Someone needs to get more than just that out of him...

I don't post on the other site, I just look at it occasionally. No, I'm not familiar with Reverberation. If this turns out to be bogus, we can always remove this, but on a positive note, I so hope that this is true.

• Like 1

Does it look like a condo or office tower? I wanna try googling it.

I know this must look really stupid to those who can see it.

Thanks

I already tried googling. Only thing that came up was the oringal post from skyscraper forum.

Here is the link to the photo RSB posted. Maybe it will work on it's own.

You aren't missing much.

I already tried googling. Only thing that came up was the oringal post from skyscraper forum.

Here is the link to the photo RSB posted. Maybe it will work on it's own.

You aren't missing much.

Really? I was hoping for more b/c the first two reactions at the original post were good. Oh well.

The Company blocks sites like photobucket, but thanks for trying! for real.

or maybe in an internet date chatting kind of way, someone can describe her, er, it to me. ;)

jk, I'll just see it when I get home.

Isn't this being done by the Redstone folks? I think that's who owns the old Compass Bank site.

If true, it looks like they are adding an office tower and a hotel/condo project on the site alongside a large garage. They appear to be all connected too (for lockmat). The rumor was a few months ago that they had financing in place for this... we'll see.

I wonder who will run the hotel/condo portion? It seems awfully close to the Houstonian (which Redstone also owns). It's gotta be something that will compliment that development.

ok, this is interesting...

I just tried to type in www.theperennial.com

Guess what pops up?

A link to the Redstone Companies corporate website...

genius

Thanks for the description by the way. Got an estimate on floors/height? The next two hours are gonna kill me, lol

Wouldn't want you to go all crazy on us.

...and you don't want me driving y'all crazy.

you da man, thanks!

I remember someone saying whatever would be built there was gonna be "big." Hmmm...

Other than that, I'm not real sure what to say. It isn't horrible but it's not exciting either.

Kind of an interesting design in that it looks like the tallest building is giving birth to the shorter one underneath it.

i had a similar thought when i first saw it... building doggy humpage.

I think its ho-hum and safe. But it's certainly not terrible and i wouldn't hate seeing it go up.

Look at the northeast corner of the tallest building, it looks see-through. I think it's a safe design, but I don't find it boring. Post Oak Central is more edgy and they're nearly 30 years old. Actually #2 POC is 30 years old this year.

^Yeah, the northeast part kind of looks like Exxon with a veil on...

And yeah, The Perennial domain is registered to Redstone:

Registrant:

Redstone Companies

109 N. Post Oak Ln. Ste. 200

Houston, Texas 77024

• Like 1

I am rather fond of the plan. It is certainly better than the old Compass Bank Building surrounded by surface parking!

Additionally, some of my favorite buildings in town include the Wortham Tower and the Exxon downtown. The lines of The Perennial seem to play homage to those two but with a new century twist.

I also have to say that this design, especially for what appears to be the 30 story hotel/residential portion, reminds me A LOT of some of the newer W Hotel properties that have risen...

• Like 1

I am rather fond of the plan. It is certainly better than the old Compass Bank Building surrounded by surface parking!

Additionally, some of my favorite buildings in town include the Wortham Tower and the Exxon downtown. The lines of The Perennial seem to play homage to those two but with a new century twist.

I also have to say that this design, especially for what appears to be the 30 story hotel/residential portion, reminds me A LOT of some of the newer W Hotel properties that have risen...

Very much with you regarding similarities to several W properties...

Isn't this being done by the Redstone folks? I think that's who owns the old Compass Bank site.

If true, it looks like they are adding an office tower and a hotel/condo project on the site alongside a large garage. They appear to be all connected too (for lockmat). The rumor was a few months ago that they had financing in place for this... we'll see.

I wonder who will run the hotel/condo portion? It seems awfully close to the Houstonian (which Redstone also owns). It's gotta be something that will compliment that development.

we were told just over a year ago that redstone was planning on developing a mixed-use project at this site which included hotel/condo/office/retail and that the hotel was a very, very high-end 5 star brand. mandarin or pennisula were the first two to pop in my mind.

• Like 1

we were told just over a year ago that redstone was planning on developing a mixed-use project at this site which included hotel/condo/office/retail and that the hotel was a very, very high-end 5 star brand. mandarin or pennisula were the first two to pop in my mind.

The rendering posted is HKS's handiwork. I'm a fan of the concept. At this point, the Redstone/Stream conceptual plan that you're looking at calls for (1) a 20 story office tower that consists of 12 stories of large floorplate office (each floor over 33k sf, thus approx. 370k sf in total) sitting atop 8 stories of parking, (2) a taller approx. 30 story hotel/resi tower with 297 hotel rooms and 100+ resi units and (3) just under 75k sf of accompanying ground level+ retail. Pretty ambitious in this environment.

It will take a minor miracle to get financing for this one, so don't hold your breath here.

Pretty ambitious in this environment.

It will take a minor miracle to get financing for this one, so don't hold your breath here.

Last we heard, some kind of financing had already been arranged. No details. It seems to me, however, that there'd be more buzz about this if it were going forward. If I had to guess, I'd say that either their announcement about financing was premature or that either a lender or equity partner found a way to back out. Redstone as a company isn't going away anytime soon, and the site really is a good one, so I'd suspect that this probably will happen, just not anytime soon. Plus, don't count on the design in this rendering being the one that ends up getting used.

Last we heard, some kind of financing had already been arranged. No details. It seems to me, however, that there'd be more buzz about this if it were going forward. If I had to guess, I'd say that either their announcement about financing was premature or that either a lender or equity partner found a way to back out. Redstone as a company isn't going away anytime soon, and the site really is a good one, so I'd suspect that this probably will happen, just not anytime soon. Plus, don't count on the design in this rendering being the one that ends up getting used.

so S.O.P.

The rendering posted is HKS's handiwork. I'm a fan of the concept. At this point, the Redstone/Stream conceptual plan that you're looking at calls for (1) a 20 story office tower that consists of 12 stories of large floorplate office (each floor over 33k sf, thus approx. 370k sf in total) sitting atop 8 stories of parking, (2) a taller approx. 30 story hotel/resi tower with 297 hotel rooms and 100+ resi units and (3) just under 75k sf of accompanying ground level+ retail. Pretty ambitious in this environment.

HKS? I was under the impression that Morris Architects was the one who was working the design for the Redstone Project.

i'm with niche here in agreeing that this will happen sooner or later. redstone is a very solid company and this is a very prime piece of real estate. they may not break ground this year, but i would almost guarantee that it happens w/in the next 3 years.