lockmat

A Crown Jewel? Hopefully he is talking about the second or third phase, because this BBVA building

is nice, but I dont think its "Crown Jewel" material.

I think the entire site together could be what he's talking about. This building alone is nice, but unspectacular, but when all of the planned buildings go up, this site could be one of the nicest in the area.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Construction is moving pretty consistently now (all these were taken at around 6pm after work had ended for the day. During the day, the site is really busy) :

DSC_0374.jpg

DSC_0377.jpg

DSC_0380.jpg

DSC_0386.jpg

DSC_0387.jpg

DSC_0388.jpg

DSC_0392.jpg

And they've starting putting this fence up around the area next to the site, on the area that I assume is technically 2100 Post Oak:

DSC_0393.jpg

DSC_0394.jpg

DSC_0395.jpg

DSC_0370.jpg

DSC_0371.jpg

DSC_0372.jpg

And if anyone is interested, the paperwork posted on the site:

DSC_0385.jpg

DSC_0381.jpg

DSC_0382.jpg

DSC_0383.jpg

DSC_0384.jpg

If you notice on the last picture, it says "Office Buildings and Parking Garage." Note the plural. Could they be putting up more than just the one building right now?

Edited by Golyadkin

If you notice on the last picture, it says "Office Buildings and Parking Garage." Note the plural. Could they be putting up more than just the one building right now?

Who knows with this development, they keep changing their minds every five minutes.

They moved fast on that fence. I took those pictures last night around 6, and this morning around 11 I drove by and it was done. Here's what it looks like now:

DSC_0839.jpg

DSC_0836.jpg

And they got rid of the old wall that was there. The two sites are now one:

DSC_0840.jpg

I wonder if they are going to work on just the one building then move to the rest of the site, or if they may work on both main buildings at the same time. The paperwork says the expected end is Feb. 2013 for the "Office Buildings and Parking Garage", so who knows?

• 2 months later...

Good evening all.

I drive past this (future) new building every day. They continue to drill what I assume are caissons on the south side of the lot. I'm pleased to see that work has continued north on Post Oak to fix the (god-$#*&ing-aweful) pavement. While they have walled off the site pretty well, there have been pieces of the *future* tower crane on site for about 2 weeks. It appeared today that they had anchored the first piece. While it is too early to say for certain, this would be a big step. Also, this project is more or less neck and neck with the apartment tower at Westheimer and Sage.

Have a great night.

• Like 1

You know, I have to be honest every time I view the renderings for this project I get it mixed up with the one Skansha is planning. They look similar, same exterior facade, about the same size and big boxy buildings for Uptown. Doesn't help that both have the same address/name with xxxx Post Oak. I cant complain though, I prefer to see things fill up, especially in Uptown.

Good evening all.

I drive past this (future) new building every day. They continue to drill what I assume are caissons on the south side of the lot. I'm pleased to see that work has continued north on Post Oak to fix the (god-$#*&ing-aweful) pavement. While they have walled off the site pretty well, there have been pieces of the *future* tower crane on site for about 2 weeks. It appeared today that they had anchored the first piece. While it is too early to say for certain, this would be a big step. Also, this project is more or less neck and neck with the apartment tower at Westheimer and Sage.

Have a great night.

Welcome to the forum! It will be interesting to see which project gets topped off first.

Edit: I had this apartment complex confused with another proposed tower.

Edited by Montrose1100

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I though the second building was going to be build after the compass bank building?? is the 2nd building the hotel?

It's not a crane for a second tower. The 2nd building, which I believe included a hotel, is probably not going up until this one is finished.

Those kinds of cranes are called "tower cranes," and this is just the second one on the site. It's probably going to be used both to build the garage and finish up the hole that will be left in the side of the tower after the building is finished and the first crane is removed.

Edited by Golyadkin

It's not a crane for a second tower. The 2nd building, which I believe included a hotel, is probably not going up until this one is finished.

Those kinds of cranes are called "tower cranes," and this is just the second one on the site. It's probably going to be used both to build the garage and finish up the hole that will be left in the side of the tower after the building is finished and the first crane is removed.

saw that yesterday, if that's going to be the only crane there, that operator is going to be one busy guy.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...