PNC Plaza & Mixed-Use At 2120 Post Oak Blvd.

lockmat

Not sure how recently this was updated/published ( I hate that the new pdf version does not allow you to view this). I also wonder why the hotel and residential portion is not included here.

Post Oak Mixed-Use Development (In Design)

Houston, Texas

Phase I – 300,000 sq.ft., 10 floor “shell and core” office building

Phase II – 400,000 sq.ft., 17 floor “shell and core” office building

http://www.blumeng.com/develop_public/pdf/Blum%20Consulting%20Engineers%20-%20Office%20Buildings.pdf

Not sure how recently this was updated/published ( I hate that the new pdf version does not allow you to view this). I also wonder why the hotel and residential portion is not included here.

http://www.blumeng.c...20Buildings.pdf

Seems pretty old to me. The pdf file has 6 Houston Center listed as "Under Construction" and Victory Tower in Dallas as "In Design", both have been cancelled, for about a year now.

• 2 weeks later...

One foot? That doesn't actually mean a building will be one foot from the street, does it? It must mean the landscape or something.

Ask him to scan and put the copy online.

lol. As I was reading though this thread, I saw this, and was getting ready to post the pictures here. Glad I kept reading. ;)

I found this site about an hour ago, and the two threads I've read so far have had quotes from me from SSP. :lol:

As with BLVD Place, I live across the street from this site, so as soon as anything interesting happens there, I'll let you guys know.

• 1 month later...

I am hearing some rumbling rumors that something going to start on this site soon. Could be wishful thinking, but the rumor mill says that it has financing and a tenant. Does anyone have anything to add to the rumor mill?

if you're talking office tenant i can think of at least one major company that is looking in the area but don't have any real specifics as to where they'll end up, although i'm fairly certain they've had a site selected for at least a few months. are you perhaps thinking of redstones proposed 2nd houstonian office building? i heard very recently that they do have a lead tenant and that it is a go.

if you're talking office tenant i can think of at least one major company that is looking in the area but don't have any real specifics as to where they'll end up, although i'm fairly certain they've had a site selected for at least a few months. are you perhaps thinking of redstones proposed 2nd houstonian office building? i heard very recently that they do have a lead tenant and that it is a go.

I am not sure of any of the details. I just heard that an office project at this address was in the works with funding and a teneant in place. The people that I talked to were being all 007 about it.

You can check the "Perennial - Post Oak topic for the more recent updates on the 2200 Post Oak site.

Most recent update is that the owners of the site filed some paperwork with the city to allow the building line to be closer to the road than normal regulations would allow. That was right at the turn of the new year.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure of any of the details. I just heard that an office project at this address was in the works with funding and a teneant in place. The people that I talked to were being all 007 about it.

hmm... well that's good to hear bc it coincides with some chatter i heard last week (although i have no specifics). i'm pretty sure the hines/blvd place office tower has its lead tenant. and i could have very easily confused the lead tenant i mentioned for the redstone/houstonian bldg with the redstone/perennial bldg.

• 4 weeks later...

http://blogs.chron.com/primeproperty/2011/04/bbva_to_consolidate_offices_in.html

bbva.jpg

i initially thought they (BBVA) were going into redstone's proposed 2nd tower at the houstonian but thought even then i was likely mistaken. no word on the rest of the mixed-use development.

and if i were a betting man i'd expect another large tower announcement on post oak in the near future.

i've also heard not to hold your breath on skanska...

feel free to merge with the other thread(s) on this topic. just thought it was worth a new one.

I am confused by this... I am assuming this will be the office tower portion of Redstone's mixed-use proposal? Or, has Redstone dumped their plans for hotel, condo, and office space and settled on just another boxy office tower with a large parking garage?

As for Skanska's project, I've heard that they've received very little interest in their proposal. While it's a highly visible location, I don't believe it has feeder access which is a killer for a freeway fronted tower...

• Like 2

I am confused by this... I am assuming this will be the office tower portion of Redstone's mixed-use proposal? Or, has Redstone dumped their plans for hotel, condo, and office space and settled on just another boxy office tower with a large parking garage?

Here is another source, this one is from Bizjournal- Houston and it states that the other tower, the residential's, and the hotel will also get built too along with this tower.

From Bizjournals.com/Houston:

The 20-story building is part of a redevelopment that is expected to include a second office building, a hotel with residences and parking garages.

Read more: BBVA Compass to anchor new Galleria-area office tower | Houston Business Journal

Read here: http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2011/04/13/bbva.html

Wow, no offense meant to Editor, but is HAIF dying? An announcement that a big project like this is breaking ground in an area like the galleria and nobody is talking about it? What is going on? A few years ago this topic would have already been on it's second or third page.

Wow, no offense meant to Editor, but is HAIF dying? An announcement that a big project like this is breaking ground in an area like the galleria and nobody is talking about it? What is going on? A few years ago this topic would have already been on it's second or third page.

yeah, i thought the exact same thing... strange to see such little activity. this is the type of news this board used to eat up.

• Like 1

ha, i'm definitely pumped about this development, especially because my office is on Post Oak. However, I would really like to see some mixed use IN downtown or closer to downtown, like Regent Square. With the rails being delayed, this area will need tons of mixed use to become somewhat walkable. However, if this thing went up in downtown, which is already walkable, it would be much more interesting, to me at least.

• Like 1

yeah, i thought the exact same thing... strange to see such little activity. this is the type of news this board used to eat up.

It may be just me, but I've become a lot more weary on anything going up these days. You can call it the recession blues, because I won't be excited until I see the movement of mass people and dirt. There seems to have been waay to many let downs among projects in Houston in the past few years and I think it might have gotten to people's architectural spirit.

I do however see the potential for this building to wake people up and restore some optimism. These days I am just lacking that optimism when I see a rendering and am told/read it's going up.

It's nothing out of the ordinary. A 20 story building will be less than spectacular in a sea of skyscrapers on Post Oak. I think the forum is 'dying' simply because we are all tired of these fabulous renderings that come out and ultimately the project gets cancelled or the rendering is scaled down considerably. As much as I like Dallas, I hate that when they propose something, 90% of the time, they break ground and build it. Their uptown is booming right now---evidence by the numerous of cranes on their skyline.

• Like 1

It's nothing out of the ordinary. A 20 story building will be less than spectacular in a sea of skyscrapers on Post Oak. I think the forum is 'dying' simply because we are all tired of these fabulous renderings that come out and ultimately the project gets cancelled or the rendering is scaled down considerably. As much as I like Dallas, I hate that when they propose something, 90% of the time, they break ground and build it. Their uptown is booming right now---evidence by the numerous of cranes on their skyline.

Yeah, but a lot of those buildings sit empty. Condo/office vacancy in that part of Dallas is high, due to the speculative building that they do there. In Houston, there does not seem to be as much speculation. Oh, and Dallas has zoning. That's the only spot in Dallas where highrises can go up (for the most part). In Houston, buildings go up all over the place.

• Like 1

Yeah, but a lot of those buildings sit empty. Condo/office vacancy in that part of Dallas is high, due to the speculative building that they do there. In Houston, there does not seem to be as much speculation. Oh, and Dallas has zoning. That's the only spot in Dallas where highrises can go up (for the most part). In Houston, buildings go up all over the place.

You make a valid point about the zoning. Makes sense. I just wish there was a way to improve Houston's image as a clean, fun, cosmopolitan town. When people think of Houston, IMO, they think dirty, trashy, boring, congested and the delicate flower step child. When people think Dallas, IMO, they think glitzy, trendy and relatively clean. Anyway back to the building, I think it's okay, just nothing spectacular.

I think that one of the problems is that there are three seperate topics out there that, from what I can tell, are all bout the same project. BBVA, The Perennial, and 2200 Post Oak. Put them together and you probably have 3 pages worth.

What the hell is so exciting about Dallas anyway? It has bigger Jumbotrons? It's a lot more boring than Houston. It's dirty and trashy too. Try driving around east, south, and west Dallas or anywhere outside that 1 square mile radius just north of downtown. BTW, there are more cranes in the Texas Medical Center in Houston than uptown Dallas right now. Parts of Houston are booming just as much as anywhere else in the country including Dallas.

THERE! I SAID IT.

The reason this forum is so quiet right now is that everyone has become jaded by watching all the cool proposals fall by the wayside. When things pick up again, this forum will spring back to life.

Edited by Coaster

What the hell is so exciting about Dallas anyway? It has bigger Jumbotrons? It's a lot more boring than Houston. It's dirty and trashy too. Try driving around east, south, and west Dallas or anywhere outside that 1 square mile radius just north of downtown. BTW, there are more cranes in the Texas Medical Center in Houston than uptown Dallas right now. Parts of Houston are booming just as much as anywhere else in the country including Dallas.

THERE! I SAID IT.

The reason this forum is so quiet right now is that everyone has become jaded by watching all the cool proposals fall by the wayside. When things pick up again, this forum will spring back to life.

Overall, it seems like it has been quiet for a couple of weeks. I just figure quite a few people are busy.

• Like 1

....ummm, have you been outside lately? i can't find anyone i do not already have plans with, cuz everybody is OUT and ABOUT! ......and it's only 20 stories. if it were 40 or so, we'd be tearing up the phones checkin' in.

....ummm, have you been outside lately? i can't find anyone i do not already have plans with, cuz everybody is OUT and ABOUT! ......and it's only 20 stories. if it were 40 or so, we'd be tearing up the phones checkin' in.

It's on Post Oak, mixed-use, adds to galleria walkability and the only office/mixed-use tower going up since the downturn in a recession that's not getting any better, possibly worse.