Pioneer Memorial Log House Museum At 1700 Hermann Dr.

tcoogler

• 1 year later...
Can anyone tell me the history behind the log cabin that in on the Ben Taub loop? I can't seem to locate any information on it!

Kinda late to reply to this message, but as I'm new to the forum, I just noticed this posting.

So, here's what I know about this log cabin. It's known as the "Pioneer Memorial Log Cabin Museum". It is owned by the Daughters of the Republic of Texas. It was built in 1936, as a hospitality house, built in anticipation of all the visitors to the Texas Centenial. I don't think it was originally at that location.

More info about it can be found here: http://www.drt-inc.org/loghouse.htm

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Kinda late to reply to this message, but as I'm new to the forum, I just noticed this posting.

So, here's what I know about this log cabin. It's known as the "Pioneer Memorial Log Cabin Museum". It is owned by the Daughters of the Republic of Texas. It was built in 1936, as a hospitality house, built in anticipation of all the visitors to the Texas Centenial. I don't think it was originally at that location.

More info about it can be found here: http://www.drt-inc.org/loghouse.htm

It sits on Hermann Park property, and not part of the hospital.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Pioneer Memorial Log House Museum
  • The title was changed to Pioneer Memorial Log House Museum At 1700 Hermann Dr.