Sign in to follow this  
Trae

2008 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Obama (D-IL) vs. McCain (R-AZ)

Next United States President  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Pick One

• Barack Obama
    • John McCain
    • Other

I'd consider reading your articles if they weren't all from the left. Post something that at least claims to be objective.

Yeah, like the Anchorage Daily News and the AP right? Did you even see the sources on each little paragraph?

WOw Trae, all that and still has an 80% approval rating. I don't like her for her personal choices in her life, but she must know how to run Alaska right, but that doesn't translate into running our whole country right. Especially when she once wanted ot secede from the union.

You know, I'd be better if a resident of Alaska said it:

Well my gal Palin just inspired me to donate $50 to the Obama-Biden campaign every week for the remainder of this election. I've never donated before, so this will be a first.

From an Alaskan perspective, Palin has gone to zombie mode. In 2006, Palin defeated incumbent governor (and former 20+ year U.S. senator) Frank Murkowski in his own primary. Since then the old guard of the Alaskan Republican Party has fallen apart. Ted Stevens indicted, Lyda Green stepping down, Don Young a dead man walking at this point, while a handful of Republicans from the old guard are now in prison due to the old guard cozying up for years with Veco and its customers. Remaining GOP members of the old guard in Juneau don't even like her as she has increased oil production taxes and has taken Exxon to task over not developing Point Thompson (she yanked away Exxon's lease that they had for about 30 years -- Exxon is currently taking it to court). Even Randy Reudrich, the head of the Alaska GOP has never been in speaking terms with Sarah Palin since she outed him on corruption back in 2004 on a committee. But since going national, it seems she's become a cross between Reagan and Pat Robertson. This bulldog image she's selling is complete bullshit.

As an Alaskan, I want Sarah Palin as my governor again -- not vice president.

You know, I'd be better if a resident of Alaska said it:

I think the 80% of Alaskan residents speaks louder than one person.

Yeah, like the Anchorage Daily News and the AP right? Did you even see the sources on each little paragraph?

All I looked at was the beginning and your link.

It's been a trend.

All I looked at was the beginning and your link.

It's been a trend.

The first sources were from Alaska Business Monthly and the AP. The only thing the link did was compile the information, etc. It's not like they wrote the articles.

Most probably won't make it through this, but:

Palin:

ON FOREIGN POLICY

Palin Hasn't Given The War In Iraq Much Thought. Palin told the Alaska Business Monthly, "I've been so focused on state government, I haven't really focused much on the war in Iraq. I heard on the news about the new deployments, and while I support our president, Condoleezza Rice and the administration, I want to know that we have an exit plan in place." [Alaska Business Monthly, 3/1/07]

As a gov. she should be concentrating on her LOCAL GOVERNMENT.

Palin Has Never Been To Iraq. In her only trip overseas, Palin visited Alaska National Guard troops stationed in Kuwait and Germany in July 2007. [AP, 7/25/07]

To my knowledge, no Governors have been to Iraq. Again, she should be concentrating on running the government she is responsible for.

Palin Believes That The Iraq War Is A Task 'From God.' Speaking at the Wasilla Assembly of God church in June, Palin said that "our leaders, our national leaders, are sending [u.S. soldiers] out on a task that is from God." [Huffington Post, 9/2/08]

That is taken a bit of out of context, and you know it.

Palin Believes The Iraq War Was Fought Over Oil. "We are a nation at war and in many [ways] the reasons for war are fights over energy sources," Palin told BusinessWeek in an interview. [businessWeek, 8/29/08]

Again,taken out of context. Try again.

Palin Didn't Have A Passport Until 2007. Palin first obtained a passport in July 2007 for her trip to Kuwait and Germany to visit Alaska National Guard troops. Her only other trip outside of the United States was to Canada. A Palin spokeswoman had previously said that Palin had also been to Ireland, although it was actually just a "refueling stop" on her Germany/Kuwait trip. [New York Times, 8/29/08; Politico, 9/2/08]

So? Most private citizens don't travel overseas. Again, what's your point?

ON EARMARKS

Palin Supported The Bridge To Nowhere. During her unveiling as McCain's running mate, Palin claimed that she said, "Thanks, but no thanks" to federal funding for the Bridge to Nowhere. But in her 2006 campaign for governor, Palin repeatedly expressed support for the bridge project, saying Alaska should take advantage of earmarks "while our congressional delegation is in a strong position to assist." [Anchorage Daily News, 10/22/06; Ketchikan Daily News, 8/9/06, 11/21/06]

Palin Obtained $27 Million In Earmarks As Mayor Of Wasilla. As mayor of Wasilla, AK, Palin "hired a private lobbyist to help the tiny town secure earmarks from [sen. Ted] Stevens." "The town obtained 14 earmarks, totaling $27 million between 2000-2003." [Associated Press, 9/3/08]

This part is true as far as I can tell, but as far as I know, both sides plays this game and has made cuts where needed otherwise. You know, like selling a state plane on Ebay?

ON THE ENVIRONMENT

Palin Denies Man-Made Global Warming. When asked for her "take on global warming," Palin replied, "A changing environment will affect Alaska more than any other state, because of our location. I'm not one though who would attribute it to being man-made." [Newsmax, 08/29/08]

I'm along the same lines as she is, I'm not convinced it is entirely man made. Look up "little ice age" a couple of centuries ago. Do you think our forefathers rode around in SUV's to warm up the planet?

Challenging 'Uncertain Climate Models,' Palin Is Suing To Lift Protected Status For Polar Bears. After a multi-year court battle, the Bush administration recognized in 2008 that polar bears are threatened with extinction by global warming. Announcing Alaska's suit to block the listing, Palin said, "We believe that the listing was unwarranted and that it's unprecedented to list a currently healthy population based on uncertain climate models." [Reuters, 5/22/08]

Polar bears are actually not being threatened. If anything,they are growing in numbers.

Palin Established Illegal Fly-By Wolf Hunting Bounty. In 2007, Palin illegally established "a $150 bounty to the state sanctioned airborne wolf hunters as an added incentive to increase their kills," soon overturned by the Alaska State Court. [Alaska Wildlife Alliance; Anchorage Daily News, 3/31/07]

Not sure about this, but this is only a snippet as to what her decision was. Perhaps you can provide WHY she ok'ed the bounty in the first place.

ON ENERGY

Palin Is A Top Arctic Wildlife Refuge Drilling Advocate. Palin said she thinks McCain is "going to evolve into, eventually, supporting ANWR opening also" and "I'd like the opportunity to get to change his mind about ANWR." [Kudlow & Co., 6/25/08]

Palin Opposes Lieberman's Bill To Prevent Arctic Refuge Drilling. In a letter to Congress opposing the Arctic Wilderness Act (S. 2316), Palin wrote that "as a citizen of the United States" she believes "development [of the Refuge] should be authorized." [Letter to Sen. Akaka, 11/9/07]

I'm with her on this one. The drilling footprint is next to nothing in the size of the refuge center.Perhaps if you want us to rely less on foreign oil, this is a good step in that direction.

Palin Dismisses Alternative Energy. Palin said that "Congress needs to lift the ban on drilling" because "alternative-energy solutions are far from imminent and would require more than 10 years to develop." [Charleston Post and Courier, 8/16/08]

So,you think we can come up with "alternative" energy in LESS then 5 years? 5-10 years for a technology to mature and become commercially viable is reasonable.

Palin Believes It Is 'God's Will' To Build A Natural Gas Pipeline. Speaking to the Wasilla Assembly of God church in June, Palin said, "I think God's will has to be done in unifying people and companies to get that gas line built, so pray for that," referring to a $30 billion national gas pipeline project. [Huffington Post, 9/2/08]

Okay. and your problem with that is?

ON BIG OIL

Palin's First Statewide Campaign Was Fueled By Veco. "While mayor of Wasilla, Palin ran for lieutenant governor in 2002. She gathered $5,000

Red, when I said "Fair Tax" I actually meant "Flat Tax" reform. I am all in favor of the Flat Tax. Sorry for the typo.

That is taken a bit of out of context, and you know it.

No it isn't. She said it with her own mouth that it was/is "a task from God". How is it taken out of context? What did she really mean then?

Again,taken out of context. Try again.

Again, she said it with her own mouth.

So? Most private citizens don't travel overseas. Again, what's your point?

So, how does she have all of this "foreign policy" experience then? She hadn't even left America or gotten a passport until 2007. That's kind of sad. I had one when I was 3. Fox News even said she has foreign policy experience because "Alaska is close to Russia".

This part is true as far as I can tell, but as far as I know, both sides plays this game and has made cuts where needed otherwise. You know, like selling a state plane on Ebay?

She didn't really sell that private plane on Ebay.

I'm along the same lines as she is, I'm not convinced it is entirely man made. Look up "little ice age" a couple of centuries ago. Do you think our forefathers rode around in SUV's to warm up the planet?

It may not be entirely man-made, but no doubt that man has a part in it. Global warming is real.

So,you think we can come up with "alternative" energy in LESS then 5 years? 5-10 years for a technology to mature and become commercially viable is reasonable.

I think there should be off-shore drilling, but I also think you should be putting more into alternative energy. You can't do one and not the other, plus AE will help sooner. Off-shore drilling will take a minimum of 10-years for us to start feeling the effects.

Okay. and your problem with that is?

Who is she to say it's God's will?

From what I understand, the officer was threatening the lives of his wife's family (and Palin's) during his divorce. I know very little of the details, but from what I understand, it isn't a big deal.

The guy is an absolute scumbag, but Palin still abused her power. And it is a big deal. She recently hired an attorney. Attorney's usually delay cases don't they? Looks like this one will get delayed until after November 4th.

:)

No it isn't. She said it with her own mouth that it was/is "a task from God". How is it taken out of context? What did she really mean then?

So, how does she have all of this "foreign policy" experience then? She hadn't even left America or gotten a passport until 2007. That's kind of sad. I had one when I was 3. Fox News even said she has foreign policy experience because "Alaska is close to Russia".

It may not be entirely man-made, but no doubt that man has a part in it. Global warming is real.

I think there should be off-shore drilling, but I also think you should be putting more into alternative energy. You can't do one and not the other, plus AE will help sooner. Off-shore drilling will take a minimum of 10-years for us to start feeling the effects.

The guy is an absolute scumbag, but Palin still abused her power. And it is a big deal. She recently hired an attorney. Attorney's usually delay cases don't they? Looks like this one will get delayed until after November 4th.

Just because it is "out of her mouth" does not mean that it was taken into context. Remember the "one square" BS that come up when sheryl (too damned sexy) Crow mentioned that is what we should use for the bathroom? The media jumped all over it until a few clarified that it was her SON that made the statement.

Also, just because YOU had a passport at 3 only means that your parents are well traveled. I never needed a passport until my late 20's. The only reason why my daughter got a passport is because we saw what was coming and got it ahead of everyone else. again, you're reaching.

Oh, I'm sorry, it wasn't SOLD on ebay, but it was listed there, but didn't meet its price but was sold through a broker. My bad.

I never said Global warming was NOT real, but that man is responsible isn't convincing.

as far as alternative energy goes, you CAN do both,you need one while the other comes to fruition. Sorta' like getting a new job before you get another, isn't it? C'mon.

Who is to say what IS God's will? Quite a few people invoke it (much to MY distaste) of, "it's god will for this or that." whatever. I'm agnostic, so it doesn't matter to me, but I won't poo on someone else's belief.

Ab IS a scumbag, but that doesn't mean that blood splatter should be on his associates, doesn't it?

I also noticed you didn't argue some of my other points.

the crap they're digging up on palin is silly. i also heard she tore the tags off all her pillows and mattresses.

Don't confuse them with facts Trae, their minds are made up, lol.

They managed to seek out two oddballs among thousands of protestors. So what is your point?

Grand larceny? Really? The trespassing I'll grant you, but are you really that against people expressing their first amendment rights?

And for Joe Lieberman, what was his great personal cost? He has backstabbed Obama and everyone in the Democratic party who've supported him over the years.

The "republican national comittee welcoming committee" has about 200 members, more than half have been arrested with felony charges. There was a peaceful protest near by that had a lot more people, the peolpe at the protest should be upset that these criminals stole the spotlight.

The First amendment guarantees the freedom of speech, but does not guarantee any sort of right to force people to listen. You only have to look at the states throughout history that did force people to listen to see the how much at odds these two principals are.

As for Joe Lieberman, the personal cost for him is the end of his political carrier if McCain fails. Who else that spoke at either convention took that risk? I put his example up as someone who really did exercise his freedom of speech as a contrast. He said something in a private forum he was invited to that he felt he needed to say that carries personal risk to himself. If you didn

One of the most important rolls of the executive branch is holding congress in check with vetos.

As a side election poll, how would you vote for McCain or Obama under the following conditions (if they were assured):

A. Republican controlled House and Senate control >60% - enough to block filibusters

B. Republican controlled House and Senate by slim majorities

C. Divided control of Congress

D. Democratic controlled House and Senate by slim majorities

E. Democratic controlled House and Senate control >60% - enough to block filibusters

One of the most important rolls of the executive branch is holding congress in check with vetos.

As a side election poll, how would you vote for McCain or Obama under the following conditions (if they were assured):

A. Republican controlled House and Senate control >60% - enough to block filibusters

B. Republican controlled House and Senate by slim majorities

C. Divided control of Congress

D. Democratic controlled House and Senate by slim majorities

E. Democratic controlled House and Senate control >60% - enough to block filibusters

I would not vote for McCain under any of these conditions.

i haven't read the entire thread, so i apologize if i'm repeating something that's already been said.

i have basic cable. my only 24 hour news network is msnbc. while folding clothes the other day i heard keith olbermann say (he may have been reading an email) the selection of gov palin was only because she is a woman. the inference was that her experience and position on issues were irrelevant.

can you imagine the uproar if someone had said that obama's popularity and selection by the dnc was only because he was black?

i haven't read the entire thread, so i apologize if i'm repeating something that's already been said.

i have basic cable. my only 24 hour news network is msnbc. while folding clothes the other day i heard keith olbermann say (he may have been reading an email) the selection of gov palin was only because she is a woman. the inference was that her experience and position on issues were irrelevant.

can you imagine the uproar if someone had said that obama's popularity and selection by the dnc was only because he was black?

Sure I can. And it might be justified. Except that the VOTERS in Democratic primaries selected Obama, not the DNC.

You do see the difference, don't you?

Sure I can. And it might be justified. Except that the VOTERS in Democratic primaries selected Obama, not the DNC.

You do see the difference, don't you?

ok, let me rephrase: if anyone suggested that the VOTERS in the democratic primaries elected obama because his is black, there would be an uproar.

ok, let me rephrase: if anyone suggested that the VOTERS in the democratic primaries elected obama because his is black, there would be an uproar.

It's been suggested all year. Not sure why you are suggesting "IF".

Yeah, but suggesting it or insinuating it, is one thing. Flat out saying it on National TV is another.

Not one TV Anchor or mainstream so called journalist, other than that idiot Rush Limbaugh, has utter those words in any way towards Obama.

Yeah, but suggesting it or insinuating it, is one thing. Flat out saying it on National TV is another.

Not one TV Anchor or mainstream so called journalist, other than that idiot Rush Limbaugh, has utter those words in any way towards Obama.

It's been a long summer. I realize how easy it is to forget Geraldine Ferraro's righteous indignation that Obama only got where he is because of his race.

But, hey, I understand what y'all are saying. There are so few women qualified for the presidency that McCain had to go to Alaska to find one that met his high standards and whose policies and ideology matched his. But, I'm done with talking about McCain's VP. The McCain campaign is hiding her away, and that is good. Now, we can get back to concentrating on the 3rd Bush term that was working so well for McCain before this distraction came up.

I'm glad he didn't pick Hutchinson. She's always a partisan, but she gets treated way too kindly in the media.

It's been suggested all year. Not sure why you are suggesting "IF".

You are correct, in fact it was a Democrat who gave a list of Obama's qualities, one of them being the obvious "he's black", and why Obama would be the Democrat's "wet dream" candidate.

It's been a long summer. I realize how easy it is to forget Geraldine Ferraro's righteous indignation that Obama only got where he is because of his race.

But, hey, I understand what y'all are saying. There are so few women qualified for the presidency that McCain had to go to Alaska to find one that met his high standards and whose policies and ideology matched his. But, I'm done with talking about McCain's VP. The McCain campaign is hiding her away, and that is good. Now, we can get back to concentrating on the 3rd Bush term that was working so well for McCain before this distraction came up.

I put Ferraro right up there with Rush, when it comes to people taking her seriously. She's as bad out of touch as he, only her drug of choice is single malt scotch instead of Oxycontin and stupidity.

I'm glad he didn't pick Hutchinson. She's always a partisan, but she gets treated way too kindly in the media.

Ah, so you've been watching Larry King, too. :rolleyes:

Now, we can get back to concentrating on the 3rd Bush term that was working so well for McCain before this distraction came up.

LOL NBC can use a few more propaganda spinsters. they'll sit you right next to Andrea Mitchell.

Edited by musicman

Here's what I want to know;

What is it about this Republican ticket that makes you want to vote for McCain/Palin?

I don't want to hear things like because "it's not Obama" or "Obama will raise taxes." I want to know what the Republicans have put forth that is so wonderful that you think it'll be dandy to vote for these two.

The only Republican ideas put forth at the convention were to drill for oil and a vague notion of keeping us safe. Did I miss something?

Edited by KinkaidAlum

LOL NBC can use a few more propaganda spinsters. they'll sit you right next to Andrea Mitchell.

It didn't look like a 100% Bush 3rd term until McBush added a fundie nutjob to the ticket. Have you folks seen the video of her 'Jesus Camp' church and her speech that Iraq is a task from God? This christian extremist certainly seals the impression that this is a Bush III ticket.

Edited by webdude

It didn't look like a 100% Bush 3rd term until McBush added a fundie nutjob to the ticket. Have you folks seen the video of her 'Jesus Camp' church and her speech that Iraq is a task from God? This christian extremist certainly seals the impression that this is a Bush III ticket.

i have to disagree. bush turned out to be not the conservative many conservatives wished for. he was simply better than the alternative, gore.

growing up in the "jesus camp" world and now, outside looking in, i'm a little bit concerned about palin. not that i wasn't tickled pink listening to her speech. but, i understand, first hand, the mentality and emotion behind "it's god's will". the line between reason and faith is blurred. i like her. i just hope she errs towards reason.

i was having a drink with a friend earlier and this lady there sounds just like you. not sure how many times i heard bush repeated. never seen so many people scatter so quickly. LOL. gallop's latest numbers appear to favor mccain.

McCain’s resurgence in the polls comes as Nielsen Media Research reported that the Republican convention earned more television viewers than the Democratic convention. Republicans earned an average audience of 34.5 million, while Democrats earned an average viewership of 30.2 million.

Edited by musicman

i was having a drink with a friend earlier and this lady there sounds just like you. not sure how many times i heard bush repeated. never seen so many people scatter so quickly. LOL. gallop's latest numbers appear to favor mccain.

McCain

McCain

remember that trae.

Don't worry, you won't be seeing in more national polls from me. Only electoral maps now, because the election is less than two months away, and Obama's lead has been steady. McCain would have to when almost all of the lean states to become President. Obama would have to win just an Ohio or Virginia to win.

Edited by Trae

I guess mentioning Bush can make ppl scatter quickly.

yep that's why mccain has been attempting to distance himself from bush and the gop.

Don't worry, you won't be seeing in more national polls from me. Only electoral maps now, because the election is less than two months away, and Obama's lead has been steady. McCain would have to when almost all of the lean states to become President. Obama would have to win just an Ohio or Virginia to win.

And that could be hard to do. All the Al Gore had to do was win his home state in 2000. And he would have won, regardless of the mess in FL.

The electoral map was in Kerry's favor, right up to election night. All he needed was Ohio. And he lost.

None of the polls, or electoral map predictions, really mean anything.

That's cool. Obama still destroys McCain in what really matters...the electoral map. The Gallup Polls are just the icing on the cake. We all know that President's aren't elected on popular votes. It's less than two months until the election. People need to stop focusing on national polls now. You're starting to see who will be the winner this election...

:lol::lol::lol: . Thanks Trae, and here I thought I wasn't gonna hear a good joke today. I can always count on you. Please, if the polls were reversed, you would be trying to make plans to attend the inauguration. This one is FAR from over, electoral map or not.

Edited by TJones

Polls? Electoral Maps? What a joke.

Kerry and Gore both were shoe-ins according to all the polls and maps. Didn't work out for them either.

It will all be a done deal, come November, unless we have some more Chadgate crap like before. I sure hope not, don't want any BS media distractions come playoffs time and Superbowl.

And that could be hard to do. All the Al Gore had to do was win his home state in 2000. And he would have won, regardless of the mess in FL.

The electoral map was in Kerry's favor, right up to election night. All he needed was Ohio. And he lost.

None of the polls, or electoral map predictions, really mean anything.

No, the map was not in Kerry's favor. Bush lead by big margins plenty of times in the electoral map. At this time in 2004, Bush had 275 and Kerry was in the low 240s I believe.

:lol::lol::lol: . Thanks Trae, and here I thought I wasn't gonna hear a good joke today. I can always count on you. Please, if the polls were reversed, you would be trying to make plans to attend the inauguration. This one is FAR from over, electoral map or not.

Glad I can be of assistance to you. Your sigs have given me my laughs for the day. They're so incredibly dumb. ;)

Edited by Trae

No, the map was not in Kerry's favor. Bush lead by big margins plenty of times in the electoral map. At this time in 2004, Bush had 275 and Kerry was in the low 240s I believe.

Give or take a couple of weeks... you need to do more research...

http://theelectoralmap.com/2008/08/19/obam...four-years-ago/

Kerry-Bush - August 18th 2004 - Kerry 317, Bush 202

...exactly 4 years later...

Obama-MCain - August 18th 2008 - Obama 275, McCain 250

...and that's how it was all the way up until Kerry's loss: "He's winning!" ... and according to the latest numbers... Obama is doing worse now, than Kerry was 4 years ago.

This election is no longer about issues, but rather the hope that an old man could die and a fundamentalist nut-job gets into office.

Edited by BryanS

Give or take a couple of weeks... you need to do more research...

http://theelectoralmap.com/2008/08/19/obam...four-years-ago/

Kerry-Bush - August 18th 2004 - Kerry 317, Bush 202

...exactly 4 years later...

Obama-MCain - August 18th 2008 - Obama 275, McCain 250

I think he did do more research. He went to the source: Electoral Vote. They currently have it at 301 to 224 for Obama, and they had about the same numbers 4 years ago, but with Bush on top.

But that's all just a guess.

Edited by memebag

OMG, now the media is leaking that there is speculation that Palin may have cheated in their eligibility in the Miss Wasilla beauty pageant in 1984. Can these people be serious.

Newsflash, Oprah refused the networks request to have Palin on her show. This coming from a woman who swears her allegiance to working Mom's in her magazines, and is always promoting the betterment of women in the workplace. She said her show isn't about politics and she will gladly have her after the election. Guess her allegiance to Obama is bigger than hers to working moms and women. Imagine that! Oprah showing her true colors, no pun intended. If Palin is worth her salt, she'll tell Oprah to piss off after the election. The wife just threw all her Oprah magazines in the garbage, she's a little ticked off about it. I'm happy it makes more room for my Hot Rod Magazines in the holder. :lol:

OMG, now the media is leaking that there is speculation that Palin may have cheated in their eligibility in the Miss Wasilla beauty pageant in 1984. Can these people be serious.

Newsflash, Oprah refused the networks request to have Palin on her show. This coming from a woman who swears her allegiance to working Mom's in her magazines, and is always promoting the betterment of women in the workplace. She said her show isn't about politics and she will gladly have her after the election. Guess her allegiance to Obama is bigger than hers to working moms and women. Imagine that! Oprah showing her true colors, no pun intended. If Palin is worth her salt, she'll tell Oprah to piss off after the election. The wife just threw all her Oprah magazines in the garbage, she's a little ticked off about it. I'm happy it makes more room for my Hot Rod Magazines in the holder. :lol:

Why should Oprah take Palin on her show?

Isn't this a FREE country? Isn't Oprah just an entertainment show? It's not like Oprah is "Meet the Press."

And, maybe Oprah IS PROMOTING THE BETTERMENT OF WOMEN by not having Palin on the show. After all, Palin is against the notion of equal pay for equal work. Palin is also against the right to choose even in instances of rape/incest. Palin is also notoriously against birth control.

Isn't this a FREE country? Isn't Oprah just an entertainment show? It's not like Oprah is "Meet the Press."

And, maybe Oprah IS PROMOTING THE BETTERMENT OF WOMEN by not having Palin on the show. After all, Palin is against the notion of equal pay for equal work. Palin is also against the right to choose even in instances of rape/incest. Palin is also notoriously against birth control.

Oprah's influence over women is disgusting, I'd rather not see her involved in politics in any way, for either side.

Just this once, can we say winner gets president and loser gets VP? That way we don't risk being stuck with Palin, and it'll be a fun bi-partisan experiment. They could even do a sitcom about it. I would not watch.

Oprah's influence over women is disgusting, I'd rather not see her involved in politics in any way, for either side.

Just this once, can we say winner gets president and loser gets VP? That way we don't risk being stuck with Palin, and it'll be a fun bi-partisan experiment. They could even do a sitcom about it. I would not watch.

This is the way it use to be, years ago. It didn't work because of opposing interests. I think it is an idea that deserves a second look.

Using your one sided line of thinking, then why is it that Oprah says it's okay after the election? If she's that bad for women before, then what will the change be for after?

Do you actually think things out before you say something, or are you just blinded by your total discontent with Republicans?

Quit trying to defend Oprah's stance in Her saying her show isn't political, however her refusal appears to be directly political.

This is the way it use to be, years ago. It didn't work because of opposing interests. I think it is an idea that deserves a second look.

I'm all for a separate vote for both seats, this two for one special has never set well with me.

ln_logo.jpg

I'm all for a separate vote for both seats, this two for one special has never set well with me.

I agree with you on that. I could go for that. Vote for each separately!

and to think some people actually have the gall to mock "community organizers"

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09082008/posto...7983.htm?page=0

nothing but a bunch of do nothing money wasting poverty pimps with ZERO accountability.......my favorite is about Buffalo......gets the most graft and corruption money and amazingly is WORSE OFF than before......who would have EVER imagined that :rolleyes: