2008 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Obama (D-IL) vs. McCain (R-AZ)

Trae

Next United States President  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Pick One

• Barack Obama
    • John McCain
    • Other

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh lawd. Good thing that was a joke (I hope).

And why'd you leave Houston? :(

splash_slp_biden.jpg

If you have seen him on Meet the Press, you know he doesn't take crap from anybody and will tell you where to shove it and shut up. Also, Biden has all the numbers when it comes to how much this country has spent, and where all the money has gone, so when it comes to the debates McCain better pick someone real good or he's out of luck.

Biden's speech today was also VERY good. Already started hitting McCain hard. Love it. :D

It's Michelle and Jill Biden!

r1938166800.jpg

Yes, I was joking, a little bit.

I figured it was finally time for me to move back to Austin and save it from all the bleeding-heart, treehugging, dolphin safe tuna eatin' Liberals.

This is getting a little off the beaten (to death) path - if you want I can move the religious (and highly presumptuous ones at times! :o ) posts to a separate thread unless you're done hashing out this age old stuff for now...

Curious to see this Key note address, that Mrs Obama is going to give. She can talk a blue streak when she gets fired up, might be worth a TIVO in case she gets off on a side rant. Still think Bill is going to have a meltdown, the Clinton's might try to upstage the Obama train, with some kind of off the wall caucus or something.

Apparently, "I was a POW for 5 1/2 years" is going to be John McCains' answer to every question. He used it as his justification for having 7 houses on The Jay Leno Show.

Meanwhile, he claims this...

"I'm proud of my record of service to this country and it has nothing to do with houses. What it has to do with (is) putting Americans in houses and keeping them in their homes. And that's what I know how to do," he said to loud cheers from the studio audience.

while also saying this...

"The issue of economics is not something I've understood as well as I should," McCain said. "I've got Greenspan's book."

With John McCain as president, this record will be the good ole days.

Curious to see this Key note address, that Mrs Obama is going to give. She can talk a blue streak when she gets fired up, might be worth a TIVO in case she gets off on a side rant. Still think Bill is going to have a meltdown, the Clinton's might try to upstage the Obama train, with some kind of off the wall caucus or something.

No.

Michelle Obama hit a home run last night.

No.

The whole convention is going to be tremendously scripted and practiced (i.e. meaningless). Michelle's speech obviously was. It hit on all the points that polling and focus group research indicated that it ought to...without actually citing any material opinions which might be an indication of her own character or judgement or which might make her seem as though she were an independent entity, a human married to a human. I didn't take anything out of this other than that she was a politician's wife.

Interesting weather trivia related to the political conventions.

Focus on the Family asked its members to pray hard for a torrential downpur over Mile High Stadium in Denver tomorrow night when Barack Obama gives his acceptance speech.

Tomorrow's forecast? Clear and sunny, high 80, low 56. Perfect nomination accepting weather.

The GOP convention begins Monday, September 1, with a speech by President Bush. Aside from the irony of the GOP opening its convention on Labor Day, the union holiday, bigger irony looms.

Look closely at the map...

024313W_sm.gif

Landfall is predicted for New Orleans on Monday at nearly the exact time that Bush is scheduled to speak. Could the GOP have any worse luck than to have a repeat of Bush's worst moment as president right in the middle of their convention?

Which begs the question....if there is a God, just how much must he hate Focus on the Family to slap them down not once, but TWICE?

Which begs the question....if there is a God, just how much must he hate Focus on the Family to slap them down not once, but TWICE?

If there is a god, do you really think he'd care so much about spiting some fringe non-profit that he'd send a hurricane careening towards a major city?

...and before you answer that, let me set the condition that we're talking about a credible god, not necessarily the judeo-christian one.

Kinda curious about this facade of unity they are putting on in Denver. How all the states during roll call that Hillary won by landslide, all of a sudden "in the call for unity" pledged all their delegates to Obama, thus falsely representing the actual vote count, which they state so proudly, so many times, as Democrats, "they wanted to get the votes counted correctly", an obvious stab across the fence, but a blatant contradiction to what was actually happening. California Chose to Pass the floor so their votes were not counted on TV, and the floor was timely yielded to New York, for Hillary to pull here upstaging of the normal process, to shine the light on her as the great holder of the torch of unity of the party. Hollywood at its best. When she could have set the best example of being all for the party, and bowed out gracefully months back, instead of dragging it out to the last minute and having threats of caucus at the convention. And what happened to the delegates not being valid from Florida and Michigan, yet were counted on the floor of the convention? All those months of how they were being deprived of their right to vote, only to turn up in full force and fully accounted for on the floor. Well let the games begin.

Talk about "POMPOUS", the Denver acceptance stage has been made up to look like Barry Hussein is walking out from the West Wing of the White House. There is your Audacity !!!

444587400_c14f2750c8.jpg

article-0-026F36E300000578-982_468x227.jpg

Pundits are trying to say that it is a "Greek Temple". I strongly disagree, Obama is going strictly "Presidential", he even had a mock AirForce 1 brought in.

article-0-0258AA6900000578-337_468x228.jpg

Obama is nothing more than an arrogant CHUMP !!!

Talk about "POMPOUS", the Denver acceptance stage has been made up to look like Barry Hussein is walking out from the West Wing of the White House. There is your Audacity !!!

444587400_c14f2750c8.jpg

article-0-026F36E300000578-982_468x227.jpg

Pundits are trying to say that it is a "Greek Temple". I strongly disagree, Obama is going strictly "Presidential", he even had a mock AirForce 1 brought in.

article-0-0258AA6900000578-337_468x228.jpg

Obama is nothing more than an arrogant CHUMP !!!

OMG!!!!!

It's as if he was running for PRESIDENT or something!!!!

If he were doing that here in the south, he might be accused of being uppity. Where's Jim Crow when you need him! :angry:

OMG!!!!!

If he were doing that here in the south, he might be accused of being uppity. Where's Jim Crow when you need him! :angry:

He is uppity. Anybody that needs props that big is uppity.

Surely there are better uses of resources than on obviously-fake oversized presidential paraphernalia.

I've noticed that whites rarely use the word uppity on one of their own. Only when blacks are involved.

What's up with that?

Uppity is a chronic condition among our kind. Describing a white person as uppity would be akin to describing an orange as spherical or an actuary as anal retentive. It just kind of goes without saying.

Also, the irony is that those that use the word 'uppity' as though it is something improper are only demonstrating that they themselves are uppity.

Uppity is a chronic condition among our kind. Describing a white person as uppity would be akin to describing an orange as spherical or an actuary as anal retentive. It just kind of goes without saying.

Also, the irony is that those that use the word 'uppity' as though it is something improper are only demonstrating that they themselves are uppity.

Nice deflection.

My relatives in east texas use 'uppity' for white people a lot, when referring to wealthy or snooty people from the city who look down on working class types or country people. But yes, the racial thing is still prevalent, and used with the same tone of voice that the old timers have when they call a grown black man 'boy'.

OMG!!!!!

The only "Crow" there will be is what Obama will be eating on election night, when all this backfires on him. You mess up your Karma when you act like you are a "shoe in" for something.

I watched... Actually, if you're in a venue that large, giving a speech to 70,000 people - you need a good setup. It looked great on TV, probably even better being there. And the fireworks looked real, not faked for TV. It could have only been made better if Michele and the kids, and Biden and his wife, were to have descended via zip lines from the nose bleed sections down to the stage, following his speech. Other than that, it was great.

Archived