Wanna Bao Restaurant At 2708 Bagby St.

HTexas

Anyone know what is the new business going to be at 2708 Bagby (across the street from the closed down Aloha Modelling Studios)? They have been working on the building and grounds for weeks (daily including Sundays) but there is no signage as to what this business is going to be when finished. What a strange way to promote a future business establishment! Hope it's not a revamped Aloha Modelling Studio!!

Anyone know what is the new business going to be at 2708 Bagby (across the street from the closed down Aloha Modelling Studios)? They have been working on the building and grounds for weeks (daily including Sundays) but there is no signage as to what this business is going to be when finished. What a strange way to promote a future business establishment! Hope it's not a revamped Aloha Modelling Studio!!

Prime Lounge is correct. It will be a "lounge" with a limited kitchen. One of the partners is the owner of Skyline Deli downtown. Now if Farb would get started and the remnants of Aloha would disappear...this would be a nice block.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I drove by this the other day and it looks pretty cool. Big patio, and it looks to be a trendy Midtown bar inside. I know people here hate trendy, but I'm pretty pumped to check it out. I think Houston has a ton of laid back bars, so I welcome these "hard night" bars.

Also, what's the name of the new bar right down the street from Maple Leaf where Late Nite Pie used to be? It looks cool, also.

I drove by this the other day and it looks pretty cool. Big patio, and it looks to be a trendy Midtown bar inside. I know people here hate trendy, but I'm pretty pumped to check it out. I think Houston has a ton of laid back bars, so I welcome these "hard night" bars.

Also, what's the name of the new bar right down the street from Maple Leaf where Late Nite Pie used to be? It looks cool, also.

I think the name of that bar is Great Dane or something like that. I drove by the other day and glanced quickly.

• 6 months later...

I can't find the correct thread, but this is in the general vicinity. The Farb property at Bagby and McGowan is for sale. I noticed it for the first time today. This is the property with a cellular antenna in the middle, where they were going to build an apt complex around it. I guess they decided not to develop it at this time.

I can't find the correct thread, but this is in the general vicinity. The Farb property at Bagby and McGowan is for sale. I noticed it for the first time today. This is the property with a cellular antenna in the middle, where they were going to build an apt complex around it. I guess they decided not to develop it at this time.

They've been marketing it for sale since probably about six to nine months ago. Maybe more.

Not surprisingly, it hasn't sold. Nobody can actually do anything with it right now...never mind the asking price of it.

They've been marketing it for sale since probably about six to nine months ago. Maybe more.

Not surprisingly, it hasn't sold. Nobody can actually do anything with it right now...never mind the asking price of it.

I go by there every day and it just seems like the sign is new. Oh well, eventually something will be developed there. It's really quite shocking to reflect back at where we were last year (regarding the economy) and how everything has changed so drastically.

I go by there every day and it just seems like the sign is new. Oh well, eventually something will be developed there. It's really quite shocking to reflect back at where we were last year (regarding the economy) and how everything has changed so drastically.

the transwestern sign is new. been up for maybe a month or two..

• 6 years later...
  • The title was changed to 2708 Bagby St.
  • The title was changed to Wanna Bao Restaurant At 2708 Bagby St.