New Lofts On Dallas St. Behind GRB

I see a permit has been issued allowing someone to turn the old warehouse at 2119 West Dallas into apartments. It also permits adding a third floor to the building. Does anyone have any information on this project?

I see a permit has been issued allowing someone to turn the old warehouse at 2119 West Dallas into apartments. It also permits adding a third floor to the building. Does anyone have any information on this project?

W. Dallas St. or Dallas St.?

• 11 years later...

Originally posted  December 5, 2018 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before. An archive link of this thread in its entirety before the deletion of my posts is here.

An update on the Steigerwald Building at 2119 Dallas St, 77003 in Houston's EaDo:

From Eater Houston:

Sunset, a new rooftop lounge boasting “marvelous views” of the Houston skyline, is headed to EaDo.

The project from second-generation bar owner Dominic Moreau will debut at 2119 Dallas Street. There’s both a 1,600 square foot patio and an indoor area separated by a glass partition, which allows for optimum outdoor viewing no matter where patrons are seated. In a statement, Moreau says that he fell in love with the third-floor space when he saw it, and was compelled to open a bar there. The indoor area will be conducive to live music and game-watching on one of the many TVs planned for the bar.

Sunset’s cocktail menu will focus on a variety of martinis, which happen to be Moreau’s favorite drink. Get ready for vibrantly colored cocktails — a press release states that the libations are “inspired by sunsets around the world.” Local craft beer will also be on offer. “I wanted to do something different in what’s quickly becoming Houston’s most up and coming neighborhood,” Moreau said in a statement.

The space that Sunset will occupy is is currently under construction.

https://houston.eater.com/2018/12/5/18126057/sunset-rooftop-bar-opening-eado-dallas-street

Originally posted  December 5, 2018 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before. An archive link of this thread in its entirety before the deletion of my posts is here.

More on the on Steigerwald Building at 2119 Dallas St, 77003 in Houston's EaDo:

The rooftop bar Sunset is on crowd sourcing investment website NextSeed

Here are details from NextSeed:

• Houston’s newest rooftop bar in its most up and coming neighborhood, East Downtown (EaDo)
  • Unique views of the downtown skyline and surrounding sports stadiums
  • Wine, rotating craft beer, and globally-inspired cocktail menu created by a Level 2 Sommelier
  • The best place to go #chasingsunsets in Houston

About Sunset:

Sunset will be an upscale lounge establishment, decorated with an eye for classic 50’s design — the kind of place you could envision a modern Frank Sinatra singing in — perfect for pre- or post-dinner drinks. The showstopper won’t be a musical number, but the 1,600 square foot patio for guests to enjoy their drinks on, beyond the entirely glass wall separating the exterior space from the interior.

In addition to unparalleled views of downtown and the surrounding sports stadiums that Sunset will have premier access to as the tallest bar in the area, the rooftop will also have plenty of seating. The outdoor area will feature glowing patio centerpieces where patrons can enjoy the city views, be assisted by dedicated outdoor servers and order drinks through a waiting window.

Inside, a lounge atmosphere will be complemented with entertainment in the form of DJs or lounge singers who’ll perform on a stage which can be discreetly hidden with additional seating when not in use. The eclectic bar and tables will be designed by a local artist, and ample couches, chairs and barstools will aid the relaxing vibe on offer. Though it won’t be confused for one of the city’s ubiquitous sports bars, a handful of television screens will enable guests to follow the games in a refined atmosphere, and allow the bar to serve those that want to keep up to date on the city’s major sporting attractions without being doused in beer after an incredible play.

The menu includes a carefully curated selection of martinis, cocktails inspired by sunsets around the world, and a rotating selection of local craft beers, including those from several of the breweries found nearby. While living in Houston, Dominic became a level two sommelier and will be heavily involved in the drinks menu development.

https://www.nextseed.com/offerings/sunset/

Originally posted  December 5, 2018 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before. An archive link of this thread in its entirety before the deletion of my posts is here.

Renderings of Sunset, the rooftop bar on the Steigerwald Building at 2119 Dallas St, 77003 in Houston's EaDo:

From NextSeed

ptuLRL4.jpg

HGLtjK0.jpg

Facebook page for Sunset, the rooftop bar on the Steigerwald Building at 2119 Dallas St, 77003 in Houston's EaDo.

https://www.facebook.com/Sunset-Houston-505871666572219/

39 minutes ago, Eastdwntwn said:

My wife spoke with the owner last week and he said that they would be opening next month. 

Sweet!   

I guess the announcement on their website "Opening Winter 2019" is accurate.

http://www.sunsetrooftoplounge.com/

ZEc3KRH.jpg

Thanks again for the update. I think this is going to be new EaDo hangout outside of Miss Carousel.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Montrose1100 said:

Has anyone been to Sunset yet? I can't click their link from work for some reason.

Edit: Tried on mobile and it still says "coming soon". Doesn't show up on google maps either.

Yes, it's open. Nice spot to hang out after work. They have a sign in the bar area that they update each day with the time of sunset, which I thought was a nice touch.

• The title was changed to New Lofts On Dallas St. Behind GRB?
  • The title was changed to New Lofts On Dallas St. Behind GRB

Archived