Three People Shot In Oak Creek Village

PureAuteur

That's really a shame. I also went to Westfield, and many of my friends lived in Olde Oaks (in fact, my husband lived there while we were dating). It always seemed like such a quiet neighborhood.

Much like the other "quiet" neighborhoods in the area (Ponderosa, Greenwood Forest, etc.) the crime is really seeping in. Hopefully the residents will stand up and get something done about it.

I drove through there a few years back and was amazed at the number of for sale signs......looks like alot of lost investments if you bought in the first part of the decade...as an individual who grew up in an area where white flight occurred.....where else is there go out there? Woodlands? Conroe? Huntsville?

I drove through there a few years back and was amazed at the number of for sale signs......looks like alot of lost investments if you bought in the first part of the decade...as an individual who grew up in an area where white flight occurred.....where else is there go out there? Woodlands? Conroe? Huntsville?

My husband has a co-worker at their 610 & Post Oak location who lived in Spring for many, many years. He got so fed up with what was going on in the community that he decided to move further out.... to New Waverly!!!

I'd say the Woodlands would be an attractive place to go, or possibly inside Loop 610. I think all the homes for sale has much to do with the increased traffic density as well as demographic shifts in the area. I still work right at that intersection of Falling Creek and 1960, and while I feel safe working in the area, I definitely would not buy a house over there.

• The title was changed to Three People Shot In Oak Creek Village

Archived