Madonna - Coming to Houston Nov. 16th

HtownWxBoy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just read the concert is sold out... no big surprise there. :D

I honestly thought it would have sold out sooner, like in a couple of days at least.

This took several weeks.

Update:, just went on Ticketmaster, and tickets are still available.

What ever the source was for claiming the Houston show is sold out, jumped ahead on themselves and did not verify the most obivous source I guess.

$400 to see that tired old hag? Count this homo out. Her new song with Timberland has ruined all my respect for her music. She use to be an artist, and she has changed with the times. I guess she's staying true to that by being a sell out.

I wish Timbaland would just go away. When Duran Duran worked with him it was the last straw for me.

Weezer makes fun of him on their new album:

"Timbaland knows the way to reach the top of the charts; maybe if I worked with him I could perfect the yard".

I wish Timbaland would just go away. When Duran Duran worked with him it was the last straw for me.

"Timbaland knows the way to reach the top of the charts; maybe if I worked with him I could perfect the yard".

True, he is good, but between Nelly, Justin, his album, and now Madonna's, that Timbaland "Sound" is getting tired.

"yaaH!"

Midtown, you still have two extra tickets you are thinking about selling? I have some friends coming into town and wanted tickets.

Within a week and a half, only obstructed view seats were available. I was lucky enough to get 2 of the cheap seats (they are actually pretty good as far as cheap seats go), so I will be there as well. The show apparently sold pretty well.

Despite the show being practically sold out by them now only offering 'limited view' seating, I would be surprised if they added another show. The cities where there are multiple dates, the shows are in arenas as opposed to Stadiums like in Houston, Los Angeles, and Miami. If the show were being held in Toyota Center, Houston would have been on it's third show date.

True, he is good, but between Nelly, Justin, his album, and now Madonna's, that Timbaland "Sound" is getting tired.

"yaaH!"

I gave him a shelf life of about 2 years, so that sounds about right. His favorite gimmick seems to be putting himself on the track so he can get additional residuals.

• 1 month later...
Well there goes any element of surprise for those attending.

??? Really, heck I would have never thought it was a spoiler, I removed the set list.

Sorry! :unsure: I thought everyone would want to see the setlist.

'Sticky & Sweet'??????????

More like 'Dried Up & Bitter'

Or 'Rough & Sour'

Madonna was HOT....back in 1985!

She's ancient history now. :huh:

You sound like a ____.

She had only been in the business a few years by 1985, and was really popular between Like A Virgin - Music, but regardless has been popular nonetheless.

Stupid baseless remark.

I remember he said he was going to retire (like a year ago) because "he has changed the face of music too much" or something. His beats are tired, and all the same. You know its a good song if he says "Freaky freaky" in it.

But now I might go because I heard Britney is going to perform via satellite or something.

You sound like a ____.

She had only been in the business a few years by 1985, and was really popular between Like A Virgin - Music, but regardless has been popular nonetheless.

Stupid baseless remark.

First, her 'Madonna' album was released in 1983. "Madonna rocketed to stardom so quickly in 1984 that it obscured most of her musical virtues." - MP3 intro.

I remember how much I liked her songs.

I also remember what an immoral, sleazy, and pathetic role model she has been through the years.

(Did anyone notice that Britney's life started downhill after kissing Madonna?) :wacko:

First, her 'Madonna' album was released in 1983. "Madonna rocketed to stardom so quickly in 1984 that it obscured most of her musical virtues." - MP3 intro.

I remember how much I liked her songs.

I also remember what an immoral, sleazy, and pathetic role model she has been through the years.

(Did anyone notice that Britney's life started downhill after kissing Madonna?) :wacko:

What's your point to all this inconsistent Madonna banter??? Are you just a bundle of jumbled thoughts.

You went from talking about how irrelevant she has become, to how sleazy she is. She is still relevant and is consistant with her sleaziness.

I can name tons of hit songs from her from the 1990's and 2000's that people from all musical genres appreciate. You'd be lying if you told me you did not enjoy a few of her songs after the 80's. I mean she kicked off the 90's with Vogue. :D

Are you just trolling on here for a reaction? :rolleyes:

I haven't noticed her face, but her arms are huge! They're man arms. I've never seen a 50-year-old woman with arms like that.

Her arms are really not that huge, better word would be toned. Not overly muscular as you are implying.

madge.jpg

She looks amazing for 50.

But NOW she should now try to be a decent wife & mother - and call it a career.

If Tina Turner and Cher can rock into old age, I think Madonna will follow their shoes, especially if she physically looks good and can dance.

• 3 months later...
heard on the radio that she had forgotten she had been to houston before.. she mentioned this was her first time to houston and the audience just was dead silent at being dissed.

Must have been muffled, but I did catch something along the lines of, "Maybe I will return again soon." Likely referencing her long absence without a concert tour stop in Houston for so many years.

Archived