Cost to have Drywall Hung & Taped

Looking for any recommendations on people to tape and hang drywall....and also for a cost to do it? I had my little houses foundation raised up last week, and nearly all of the drywall, ceilings and walls was destroyed. It was very old, and had a plaster over the outside of it...

May even rewire at this point to newer wiring since its all going to be accessable at this point.

At any rate, looking for contractors anyone recommends to tape and hang the drywall and the cost? Also maybe a rec for an electrician to rewire the house.

Didnt see any recs for drywall in the posts of the other contractors people are using.

Thanks in Advance!

cracked and destroyed are two different things. if it's just cracked they can tape and float. but if it IS is really bad shape now is the perfect opportunity for rewiring, insulating walls, replacing old plumbing, etc. one project always leads to another.

i had mine taped and floated for $100/day and i supplied everything.

Both cracked and destroyed...the drywall had about 1/8' of plaster over it....the plaster in most places cracked off and fell...the drywall some of it just fell off, some of it just cracked, and still other parts are hanging by the paper.....

I could save some of it, but the problem is the old plaster will be impossible to match, and its ugly. Im thinking in the end it will be much less work just to pull it all off, and have it rehung. Im already having to redo all of the floors and most of the trim around the windows and base boards.

Do you mind saying who you used for $100/day? Also did you just buy your drywall at a hardware store and let them do it?

Thanks

Looking for any recommendations on people to tape and hang drywall....and also for a cost to do it? I had my little houses foundation raised up last week, and nearly all of the drywall, ceilings and walls was destroyed. It was very old, and had a plaster over the outside of it...

May even rewire at this point to newer wiring since its all going to be accessable at this point.

At any rate, looking for contractors anyone recommends to tape and hang the drywall and the cost? Also maybe a rec for an electrician to rewire the house.

Didnt see any recs for drywall in the posts of the other contractors people are using.

Thanks in Advance!

Do you mind saying who you used for $100/day? Also did you just buy your drywall at a hardware store and let them do it?

my mom's cousin has quite a few rent houses and used him several times. yes i bought the drywall, tape, etc at the store. do you speak spanish? this guy doesn't know english at all.

The guy that just psinted my house and a friend's house also does drywall and tape and float. Good quality, price was solidly mid-range. I thought itwas a good value. He checks up on his guys' work, and orders redo if it is not good. I can send you a name and number if you need it. Send me a PM.

Oh, el jefe speaks good English, but most of his crew is middling to poor English. But, they were hard working and conscientious, which is far more important to me than COO.

Archived