Russia and China unite against the U.S.

PuroAztlan

Not to worry...

When Obama gets elected he'll have yellow cake and tea with Iran, and then we'll all get a long quite nicely. Chian and Russia would approve.

Obama - prefered by nine 8 out of 10 despots, tyrants and terrorists.

Not to worry...When Obama gets elected he'll have yellow cake and tea with Iran, and then we'll all get a long quite nicely. Chian and Russia would approve. Obama - prefered by nine 8 out of 10 despots, tyrants and terrorists.

Link?

Maybe some of you armchair politicians can help me out

Last time I checked:

Russia still has more nukes than any other country in the world

and...

China is poised to be the next superpower

Amirite?

China and Russia will fight between themselves before they ever team up to fight the US. The article alludes to it, and many pundits seem to think, that eventually China is going to covet Russia's natural resources for itself and some sort of major dispute will erupt between the two.

China and Russia will fight between themselves before they ever team up to fight the US. The article alludes to it, and many pundits seem to think, that eventually China is going to covet Russia's natural resources for itself and some sort of major dispute will erupt between the two.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too ... they share a border, they are gonna fight over that and possibly resources. Get ready .. this ought to be major.

But ... who knows. They might just team up and say "Hey, let's go get them (US) instead of bruising up each other..."

There has been a history of antagonism between the two for at least one or two centuries with various border conflicts. Things have been rather quiet for the past couple of decades, but I think I hear of a clash or two once in awhile.

It would not be out of the realm of reality for a conflict to ensue sometime in the near future as demands for resources increase.

I'd be seats to that slugfest, I would find it highly entertaining.

...China is going to covet Russia's natural resources for itself and some sort of major dispute will erupt between the two.
It would not be out of the realm of reality for a conflict to ensue sometime in the near future as demands for resources increase.

I recently heard an international security expert speak to China's resource need, and how it may drive its hunger for conquest. However, he said that analysis indicated that China would likely look at shoaring up its claimed territory in the South China Sea where there appears to be a great deal of oil. If you look at the territoitorial claims on this map, one easily can see the potential for tension in that region.

Sounds like a Tom Clancy novel:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bear_and_the_Dragon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

As if Things Weren't Bad Enough, Russian Professor Predicts End of U.S.

In Moscow, Igor Panarin's Forecasts Are All the Rage; America 'Disintegrates' in 2010

By ANDREW OSBORN

MOSCOW -- For a decade, Russian academic Igor Panarin has been predicting the U.S. will fall apart in 2010. For most of that time, he admits, few took his argument -- that an economic and moral collapse will trigger a civil war and the eventual breakup of the U.S. -- very seriously. Now he's found an eager audience: Russian state media.

In recent weeks, he's been interviewed as much as twice a day about his predictions. "It's a record," says Prof. Panarin. "But I think the attention is going to grow even stronger."

Prof. Panarin, 50 years old, is not a fringe figure. A former KGB analyst, he is dean of the Russian Foreign Ministry's academy for future diplomats. He is invited to Kremlin receptions, lectures students, publishes books, and appears in the media as an expert on U.S.-Russia relations.

But it's his bleak forecast for the U.S. that is music to the ears of the Kremlin, which in recent years has blamed Washington for everything from instability in the Middle East to the global financial crisis. Mr. Panarin's views also fit neatly with the Kremlin's narrative that Russia is returning to its rightful place on the world stage after the weakness of the 1990s, when many feared that the country would go economically and politically bankrupt and break into separate territories.

Full article here: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123051100709638419.html

Russia has become really strange and isolationist over the last decade. A lot of people there have developed an "Us versus the world" mentality ever since the collapse of the empire. The fact that the government controls the media doesn't help things, either.

I read an interesting article a few months ago about China and Russia fighting each other. Don't have a scanned copy. The article focused on the Russian natural resources (which China covets) along with shrinking population (less people for armed forces) while China has a surplus of men that need to release some "tensions". :blink:

Russia has become really strange and isolationist over the last decade. A lot of people there have developed an "Us versus the world" mentality ever since the collapse of the empire. The fact that the government controls the media doesn't help things, either.

Yeah...on those lines, I'd suspect that this guy probably gets a lot of air time just because he's channeling and articulating the Kremlin's wet dreams.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Sometimes it sucks I came to the party so late. This thread is simply awesome, and I wish I'd have been here to say something when it was relevant.

it's awesome because of Texas Vines. I heart Vines. Come back, Shane!

So Attica, are you responsible for resurrecting the hand-washing thread? You know it's too slow on HAIF when people go digging stuff like that up. Speaking of Vines, he would probably call you Sciatica, cuz it rhymes, and then hurl all sorts of crippled old man epithets at you. Good ol' Vines.

it's awesome because of Texas Vines. I heart Vines. Come back, Shane!

So Attica, are you responsible for resurrecting the hand-washing thread? You know it's too slow on HAIF when people go digging stuff like that up. Speaking of Vines, he would probably call you Sciatica, cuz it rhymes, and then hurl all sorts of crippled old man epithets at you. Good ol' Vines.

That was definitely me.

I've got too much time on my hands (and urine).

Archived