Bryan Place?

Hello,

I'm new here, i just happened upon this forum and there's a lot of good information in here. I currently live in Bryan Place and I was wondering if you guys had any info (either hard or speculative) about what the future may hold for this place. It would seem that with uptown going absolutely nuts, and the arts district having big plans, that Bryan Place would be in a prime location for something intresting. Currently, it's just a bunch of new low/mid rise residential stuff, some vacant lots, and some old stuff (which unlik Ft. Worth, doesn't seem to last long around here)... but with Deep Ellum sort of dying out a bit, Bryan Place could be poised (in my opinion) to become a hotspot for entertainment. The demographics are certainly dead-on for that sort of thing, very young, single, most of us (including myself) in that 'just got my first REAL job and have more money then sense' stage of life.

BTW one thing I noticed was the rivalry between Dallas and Houston here...haha thats awesome, along with cowboy boots and oil wells, Dallas v. Houston is a Texas classic. Having lived in both places, both cities are world-class, and getting better. At least its a genuine rivalry...I had someone trying to tell me yesterday that Oklahoma City was superior to either Dallas or Houston, or anything else in texas for that matter. :o

I currently live in Bryan Place and I was wondering if you guys had any info (either hard or speculative) about what the future may hold for this place.

All speculative: I think the future of your neighborhood rests primirlay with the Meadows Foundation. That organization owns a whole lot of land in that part of town. The Deep Ellum and Baylor Hospital train stations will underwrite a retail, residential and entertainment expansion between the Meadows' properties and the CBD. Secondary to the future of Bryan Place is the direction taken by the Peak-Haskell corridor development.

no mention of City Lights, two nearby DART stops yet?  I bet a lot happens once the next DART station nears completion.  Lot of potential.  It will probably be closed in on by Deep Ellum, Peaks and Cityplace from the north.

Intresting...one of the beefs I've had with Bryan Place as an urban community is that we don't really have DART access like some other neighborhoods.

Right now I'm renting, have an oppurtunity to buy...thoughts? I'm really tempted to spend the big $$$ on something in uptown but there's a voice telling me Bryan Place is a solid investment...pretty sure uptown is a sure thing, but I can't help but think Bryan Place is underdeveloped and 'waiting to happen'...so to speak.

Gotta remember everything in Dallas is young, including the rails. There will a stop on Good-Lattimer and just south of the hospital. CityLights is also coming at Good-Lattimer and Live Oak. Basically a vertical, compact urban strip mall that will significantly improve the retail situation. Just keep in mind that Bryan Place is where Uptown was 10 years ago and you see what happened there. Developers have already called the east of downtown area the next Uptown.

This might take a couple of years to open, but will be awesome with rail nearby. But this will give you an idea of what's to come.

City Lights project east of downtown

citylightsimage8ad.jpg

01:39 PM CST on Saturday, February 19, 2005

By STEVE BROWN / The Dallas Morning News

More than a year after tying up land for the project, developers are still refining plans for a large shopping center to be built on the eastern edge of downtown Dallas.

Called City Lights, the retail complex is earmarked for more than two blocks near Live Oak Street and Good Latimer Expressway.

Margaux Development Co. originally intended to anchor the 350,000-square-foot shopping center with a supermarket, but lining up a tenant hasn't been easy.

"The grocery store market

Archived