Training Libyans At Rice In Infrastructure

editor

Here's the meat of an interesting press release I got yesterday:

Rice University and the University of Houston, together with global engineering and design firm AECOM, will host a press conference to initiate the Houston-Libya Knowledge Transfer Program. The program will train engineers from the Libyan Housing and Infrastructure Board (HIB), a Libyan government agency, to build homes, roads and water systems in their homeland. Three HIB executives, who will be welcomed to Houston at the event, will take part in a one-year executive development effort focusing on project- and construction-management. Subsequently, 100 HIB employees will be trained at Rice University in an intensive curriculum created by renowned engineering professors at local Houston universities. This program will play a vital role in the enhancement of the quality of life for the people of Libya.

I know America's old adversary, Muammar, is making great strides toward becoming Western-friendly these days, but I still always think of "Doc Brown" in Back to the Future: "It's..... the Libyans!"

• The title was changed to Training Libyans At Rice In Infrastructure

Archived