Community Self Storage 2515 Washington Ave.

skyphen

Next to the Washington Courtyards apartments, just down the street from the cemetery?

I spotted that yesterday but forgot to ask. They're doing some pretty intense site work. I'm going to guess four stories of apartments over a podium of parking...possibly six.

• 2 weeks later...
Unfortunately, this company: http://www.communityself-storage.com/ is building a storage facility at 2515 Washington Ave, next to the Washington Courtyard Apartments.

Yep, I did some research on this one and can confirm it. They're being asses about the whole thing, too. They've owned the land since last year but haven't notified HCAD and have even kept the old owner's sign prominently displayed on the premesis.

What gave it away was the erosion control permit displayed on an 8.5 x 11 page tacked on the fence, but even then, I couldn't figure out who was doing it because their lawyer was shielding them with his own personal information (technically a no-no for forming corporations, but one that goes unenforced).

Yep, I did some research on this one and can confirm it. They're being asses about the whole thing, too. They've owned the land since last year but haven't notified HCAD and have even kept the old owner's sign prominently displayed on the premesis.

What gave it away was the erosion control permit displayed on an 8.5 x 11 page tacked on the fence, but even then, I couldn't figure out who was doing it because their lawyer was shielding them with his own personal information (technically a no-no for forming corporations, but one that goes unenforced).

You're right about the difficulty in confirming this, I had to call and pretend to need a storage unit at this location, and they then told me this facility wouldn't be complete for several months.

You're right about the difficulty in confirming this, I had to call and pretend to need a storage unit at this location, and they then told me this facility wouldn't be complete for several months.

You think it's because they don't want to piss off the Sixth Ward people?

• The title was changed to Community Self Storage: Storage At 2515 Washington Ave.
  • The title was changed to Community Self Storage 2515 Washington Ave.

Archived