Citizen Lounge At 4606 Washington Ave.

BusyGirl

Yes, I can say many less civil things. I thought that was fairly civil. Every post she's made has been about getting dressed up and going to Citizen with her girlfriends. They all sound like spam so far. I'm not saying she's a spammer, but she's provided no evidence to the contrary.

I've made quite a number of posts that mentions jokes about drug use, my being high, drinking, and being out on all hours of the day and night and haven't heard anyone question whether I was a alcoholic or a drug dealer. (am I? Hmmm...)

Take the post for what it is and move on. We all post on what interests are, if her club and going out is her thing then leave it. We all have our own hobby's and ways to let it go.

Mine is baseball and beer. (maybe I AM an boozer? Nah. I'll take another pill and relax)

TJones is cars and making fun of Red.

Red? Um...working in the garden and making us look stupid (not really a hard task, actually).

Ed: Buildings, photography, etc..

The only real common denominator we have is our love for our city, the various aspects of it, Debating, and BSing each other.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Take the post for what it is and move on. We all post on what interests are, if her club and going out is her thing then leave it. We all have our own hobby's and ways to let it go.

Mine is baseball and beer. (maybe I AM an boozer? Nah. I'll take another pill and relax)

Red? Um...working in the garden and making us look stupid (not really a hard task, actually).

Ummmmm, that second part is not a hobby...........it's my JOB !

I've made quite a number of posts that mentions jokes about drug use, my being high, drinking, and being out on all hours of the day and night and haven't heard anyone question whether I was a alcoholic or a drug dealer. (am I? Hmmm...)

What's to question? Getting high is much cooler than spamming a forum.

Are you high? Move on??? You obviously haven't noticed the trends in my posts.

Memebag: Not moving on.

speaking of happy hour.............

isn't it about time for another HABE? (HAIF Adult Beverage Event).

I seem to remember Ricco wanting to organize something. Or maybe it was the painkillers talking.

crunch you should take charge. i'll offer up a bag of doritos if you do. gee if i could only find some sausage flavored ones.

silver slipper was mentioned in the past.

crunch you should take charge. i'll offer up a bag of doritos if you do. gee if i could only find some sausage flavored ones.

silver slipper was mentioned in the past.

I'm thinking maybe someplace more neutral, for maximum attendance.

I have a rather large hole in the calendar for June 7. Thinking of very casual places with reasonable drink prices and parking:

Midtown: Maple Leaf

Washington: Front Porch

Shepherd and 59: Stag's Head

East DT: Lucky's

Re: chips. I could swear I had sausage flavored chips in England. Those people would eat eel and hedgehog flavored chips. Really a different world of salty snacks.

Lucky's sounds interesting to me. I saw the spot on the news last night where the idiot Ex-employee stole the keys to their bus and left it in Katy.

My suggestion would be the TIlted Kilt on Hwy.6

Ummmmm, I have been to Citizen several times. The only real complaint that I have is that its a little too crowded for me sometimes. Im not sure about the minority thing. I live off Center street and enjoy many places on Washington. I was just commenting on the Happy Hour. Wow! Didnt mean to ruffle any feathers!

Welcome again, BusyGirl - this time without qualification. I think that all the negative buzz surrounding Citizen has me on guard.

Guys - I'll back BusyGirl up to this extent - male or female, you don't have to be all that uptight not to want to go straight from work in a suit and sit outside drinking at a picnic table in the still-hot sun.

Crunch - Hope to see you again at another HAIF happy hour - just not at Citizen, please! I vote for a happy hour at Marfreless sometime.

Musicman - Thanks for bringing up SS again - I do really want to go there. But I haven't been pushing it because I think it might not be the best getting-to-know-people place (b/c I think the focus is on the live music). Maybe we can get a small group who'd be willing to try it out. (BTW - Friday was fun!)

Lucky's sounds interesting to me. I saw the spot on the news last night where the idiot Ex-employee stole the keys to their bus and left it in Katy.

My suggestion would be the TIlted Kilt on Hwy.6

I overheard someone in the deli at work saying how great the Tilted Kilt was because the waitresses 'were even younger and sluttier' than at Hooters.

is that true, TJ? :lol:

How's about Shakespeare Pub on Memorial @ Knollwood ?

Love that place. But do we want the live music thing?

I overheard someone in the deli at work saying how great the Tilted Kilt was because the waitresses 'were even younger and sluttier' than at Hooters.

is that true, TJ? :lol:

Wha.....they have old slutty waitresses at Hooter's ??? Hmmmmm, not sure about the intel on the Kilt, let's all go find out together. ;)

Crunch - Hope to see you again at another HAIF happy hour - just not at Citizen, please! I vote for a happy hour at Marfreless sometime.

Musicman - Thanks for bringing up SS again - I do really want to go there. But I haven't been pushing it because I think it might not be the best getting-to-know-people place (b/c I think the focus is on the live music). Maybe we can get a small group who'd be willing to try it out. (BTW - Friday was fun!)

i would do marfreless or ss in a smaller group.

tmariar, the a/c thing boggles my mind.

Late night exclusive lounges and clubs like Citizen have a shelf life of 2-3 years at the max. Look at what happened to richmond strip, downtown and what is now happening to lower midtown.

I have been there in the evenings for a so called HH. The drink pours barely have alcohol in them but the price makes up for them if you are into that sort of stuff. The interior has a bunch of booth like seating away from the bar area which is bad for a HH type crowd. The outside area is fenced off like someone's backyard. On a positive note, the place was not loud as it is on Fri-Sat nights.

Blue Label, Lush Lounge and Bronx Bar should be opening in the near future within a block or two of Citizen. That should be the beginning of the end of Citizen. Each one of those appear to have a more inviting exterior. The way the place is setup, I think Citizen can be converted into a nice little Thai restuarant for all those minorities ;-)

The place is in a strip mall. 'nuff said.

What say you Red ?

I say this is one of the better thread hijacks in recent memory. I am glad to have done my part. Ricco's defense of the bartender....oops, I mean damsel in distress is hilarious. :lol:

The AGF lives in Montgomery, so unless we agree to meet at Molly's Pub on Loop 336, he probably won't make it.

However, heights yankee inadvertantly mentioned a great potential meeting spot. The Shiloh! Shiloh meets all of our carefully crafted criteria:

1. They serve alcohol.

2. Nice bartenders.

3. They serve alcohol.

4. It is a dive.

5. Did I mention they serve alcohol.

6. They have air conditioning, so BusyGirl can attend (this is a recently added criterion.)

7. They serve alcohol.

8.It is located in an old ice house (no, a real one), so it meets HAIF architectural criteria.

9. They serve alcohol.

10. Both heights yankee and I know where it is (I added this one myself).

10a.It is easy to find (for everyone else).

11. Best of all, they serve alcohol!

Ummm....Saturday?

Crunch? Music? Sev? Ricco? Niche? Bryan? YANKEE?

Did I leave anyone out?

EDIT: Oops. BUSYGIRL?

Don't forget to say that we encourage EVERYONE on the board to come out. I would like to meet anyone that can make it. I may buy EVERYONE a Beer that comes out. That's a promise. I will have alot of straws on hand just to accomodate, but I will definately buy A beer.

Don't forget to say that we encourage EVERYONE on the board to come out. I would like to meet anyone that can make it. I may buy EVERYONE a Beer that comes out. That's a promise. I will have alot of straws on hand just to accomodate, but I will definately buy A beer.

For anyone not on my list that makes it, I will argue that you are entitled to your very own beer from TJ. I believe the legislative intent behind his offer entitles each person to their own beer....regardless whether you are in a "marriage", a "civil union", or merely living in sin.

For anyone not on my list that makes it, I will argue that you are entitled to your very own beer from TJ. I believe the legislative intent behind his offer entitles each person to their own beer....regardless whether you are in a "marriage", a "civil union", or merely living in sin.

Nope, I mapped it out in computer aided black and white. I was very vague, I mean clear that, A beer infers that I will actually purchase (A) meaning (1) Beer. I laid the groundwork that there would be PLENTY of straws made available to anyone and everyone regardless of race, creed, age, religion, and color of skin.

HeightsYankee: stalking Red, calling Red out when he makes ____ up, going to the Shiloh, giving people the impression that she is a man

I say this is one of the better thread hijacks in recent memory. I am glad to have done my part. Ricco's defense of the bartender....oops, I mean damsel in distress is hilarious. :lol:

The AGF lives in Montgomery, so unless we agree to meet at Molly's Pub on Loop 336, he probably won't make it.

However, heights yankee inadvertantly mentioned a great potential meeting spot. The Shiloh! Shiloh meets all of our carefully crafted criteria:

1. They serve alcohol.

2. Nice bartenders.

3. They serve alcohol.

4. It is a dive.

5. Did I mention they serve alcohol.

6. They have air conditioning, so BusyGirl can attend (this is a recently added criterion.)

7. They serve alcohol.

8.It is located in an old ice house (no, a real one), so it meets HAIF architectural criteria.

9. They serve alcohol.

10. Both heights yankee and I know where it is (I added this one myself).

10a.It is easy to find (for everyone else).

11. Best of all, they serve alcohol!

12. Heights Yankee can walk there

13. They serve alcohol

Ummm....Saturday?

Crunch? Music? Sev? Ricco? Niche? Bryan? YANKEE?

Did I leave anyone out?

EDIT: Oops. BUSYGIRL?

Depends if I can convince the husband to stay home with the bambino. He gets nervous when the words "me" "some people from the internet" and "shiloh" appear in the same conversation. ^_^

Yes, I can say many less civil things. I thought that was fairly civil. Every post she's made has been about getting dressed up and going to Citizen with her girlfriends. They all sound like spam so far. I'm not saying she's a spammer, but she's provided no evidence to the contrary.

Idea: Could we meet BusyGirl and her well dressed girlfriends at Citizen for the next HAIF adult beverage event?

Why dont you come meet us at Flemings. We are in the middle of a trial and we are ready to knock back a few. Ill be the dressed up one with stockings! lol! Thank you Ricco for your comments. Seems like alot of bitter people on this board.

Why dont you come meet us at Flemings. We are in the middle of a trial and we are ready to knock back a few. Ill be the dressed up one with stockings! lol! Thank you Ricco for your comments. Seems like alot of bitter people on this board.

We are bitter because we have yet to take our Vicadin and fifth of Grey Goose today. So we really aren't bitter, just sober. WHere is this "Fleming's" you speak of ? I will be hitting a little bar/restaurant called "Las Fuentas" tonight. Should be interesting, you actually have to pay a $3 membership fee to drink there because of some obscure law.

We are bitter because we have yet to take our Vicadin and fifth of Grey Goose today. So we really aren't bitter, just sober.

Some of us are bitter because we are lawyers...or so I am told.

I will be hitting a little bar/restaurant called "Las Fuentas" tonight.

According to my free online translation website, this means "The Fuentas" in Spanish.

Who knew? :mellow:

Some of us are bitter because we are lawyers...or so I am told.

According to my free online translation website, this means "The Fuentas" in Spanish.

Who knew? :mellow:

Ok, I am lumping you and macbro into the same corner when we get to the designated bar. That should be a regular MENSA convention over there. <_<:rolleyes::D

Archived