Citizen Lounge At 4606 Washington Ave.

BusyGirl

I enjoy this place but the weekends are very busy for me. I happend to stop by for their happy hour and was very suprised. They have added small plasmas behind bar and barstools as well. They even have a menu from molllinas that you can order from. Im usually to dressed up to sit on a porch at Pub Swing and drink a bucket of beer, just not my style. Glad these guys now have happy hour. I think its tue-fri from 5-9. :rolleyes:

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I enjoy this place but the weekends are very busy for me. I happend to stop by for their happy hour and was very suprised. They have added small plasmas behind bar and barstools as well. They even have a menu from molllinas that you can order from. Im usually to dressed up to sit on a porch at Pub Swing and drink a bucket of beer, just not my style. Glad these guys now have happy hour. I think its tue-fri from 5-9. :rolleyes:

Citizen is okay, but I have to agree with MM to a point. I have heard people complain that, while the bar is all fine and good, some of the patrons tend to be a bit standoff-ish.

Front porch is more relaxed, but I've been leaning towards Maple Leaf. Its relaxed and they won't look at you funny if you come in with a suit.

I am generally intimidated by busy women who dress too nice at happy hour. I'll be at the Porch Swing swilling beer if you ever decide to slow down and live a little. Besides, Citizen won't let my minority friends in, I hear.

You know, you do favor him, Red.

It's all about the cape. And maybe the shoe buckles.

Well, that's usually the pose he makes on the body of the opposing council after a win.

He throws on the cape and shoes when he's feeling "Broadway-ish."

Besides, Citizen won't let my minority friends in, I hear.

What "friends" ? All you have is us and your "ass-grabbin" buddy.

Also, when you put your glasses on, you are more like THIS guy !

MR-SMEE.JPG

But I don't think there is a booze called Mr.Smee yet, so I guess we'll have to go with the Capt. for now.

I got it..........I will call you Capt.Smee !!

Having seen/heard two credible reports (one from a local radio journalist, one from a friend) of different admission standards being applied to minorities - reports that seem to be backed up by a number of internet posters - and no reports to the contrary, I've stayed away from Citizen.

BusyGirl - I'm assuming for the sake of argument that your post was not a PR gambit (despite reading very much like one), and that the bar's happy hour set-up really did motivate you to make your first ever appearance on this forum (in which case, welcome). You suggest that you've been to the bar on at least one weekend night, and so I'd be interested in your take on whether the door practices are racially discriminatory - especially if you're a minority or went to the bar with a minority friend, but even otherwise.

Same goes for anyone else here who's been.

Guys, I don't think this is spam. If it was, don't you think they would have at least spell-checked for misspelled words and grammar?

Guys, I don't think this is spam. If it was, don't you think they would have at least spell-checked for misspelled words and grammar?

not when they're too busy hitting every houston message board they can find with this crap.

last weekend i was at pearl bar down the road. like it there a lot for the occasional baby-free bar night (when i'm not at the shiloh, that is). anyway, citizen is right behind my Dr's office. i looked back to see what the line was like and how many minorities were waiting outside. funny thing: no line. no cars. no people.

looks as though their antics might have gotten them what they deserve. one can hope. :ph34r:

<br />yeah, hopefully that place will be deader than disco soon.<br /><br />And also, she could have at least signed in as busty girl instead of busy girl, might have helped create a little more "buzz".<br />
<br /><br /><br />

That is being a bit harsh.

Whether this user is spamming or not is up for a little debate. To ME, it seemed like she was pushing her favorite bar and I think a few of us has done that a time or two, so that doesn't make her a spammer. So I will wait for a few more posts before I pass judgement.

Anyone with a post count of "1" is a spammer.

NO, not necessarily, just a little obvious at this point though. I am sure you want to promote people to join in on the fun here, just not to PROMOTE their Boss's crappy bar, Right ?

no thanks

Ummmmm, I have been to Citizen several times. The only real complaint that I have is that its a little too crowded for me sometimes. Im not sure about the minority thing. I live off Center street and enjoy many places on Washington. I was just commenting on the Happy Hour. Wow! Didnt mean to ruffle any feathers!

Ummmmm, I have been to Citizen several times. The only real complaint that I have is that its a little too crowded for me sometimes. Im not sure about the minority thing. I live off Center street and enjoy many places on Washington. I was just commenting on the Happy Hour. Wow! Didnt mean to ruffle any feathers!

Don't worry about it. Some of us are more cynical than others when it comes to new users. Some are decidedly less tactful than others. But that's just me.

SO, where do you normally hang out that isn't sooooo crowded ?

BTW, WELCOME to HAIF !!! This is just the "trial by fire" portion, nothing to really worry about.

Don't worry about it. Some of us are more cynical than others when it comes to new users. Some are decidedly less tactful than others. But that's just me.

Thanks, I think theres a place for everything on washington. I like Pearl Bar, Chaise Lounge, etc etc. I also like to get dressed up and have a nice cocktail also, Citizen allows me and my girlfreinds to do that. No complaints here. Thanks for looking out!

SO, where do you normally hang out that isn't sooooo crowded ?

BTW, WELCOME to HAIF !!! This is just the "trial by fire" portion, nothing to really worry about.

speaking of happy hour.............

isn't it about time for another HABE? (HAIF Adult Beverage Event).

I seem to remember Ricco wanting to organize something. Or maybe it was the painkillers talking.

Thanks, I think theres a place for everything on washington. I like Pearl Bar, Chaise Lounge, etc etc. I also like to get dressed up and have a nice cocktail also, Citizen allows me and my girlfreinds to do that. No complaints here. Thanks for looking out!

Can you say anthing that will make me think you aren't a spammer?

speaking of happy hour.............

isn't it about time for another HABE? (HAIF Adult Beverage Event).

I seem to remember Ricco wanting to organize something. Or maybe it was the painkillers talking.

Both, actually. I don't know about "Organize", just set a time and place go.

Can you say anthing that will make me think you aren't a spammer?

Can you say anything LESS civil? Mind your manners, Meme.

Can you say anything LESS civil? Mind your manners, Meme.

Yes, I can say many less civil things. I thought that was fairly civil. Every post she's made has been about getting dressed up and going to Citizen with her girlfriends. They all sound like spam so far. I'm not saying she's a spammer, but she's provided no evidence to the contrary.

Idea: Could we meet BusyGirl and her well dressed girlfriends at Citizen for the next HAIF adult beverage event?

I am gonna have to second meme on that. BustyGirl, I mean Busygirl, where do you work, that you have to dress to the nines and miss the happy hour at Little Woodrow's ? Could you leave straight from work and go to Cobain's happy hour without risking a run in your stockings ?

Archived