LOL! I used to drink for free at ToC all the time, my buddy Allen Schlumbergegenhoffer, not actually his last name, nobody could really say his last name, and I won't tell you what his "nickname" was in order to protect the innocent, was part owner. But the amount of hip/hop being played just got to be too much, and Allen and his partner had a bad falling out, so alot of folks stopped going, and then it just snowballed downhill. It was good if you got tired of Spy and just wanted to roam across the street though.

Edited by TJones

I'm still baffled at the public intoxication charges for patrons of a club... I'm thinking the city, yet again wasted a bunch of taxpayers money to botch a job that they are just going to get sued over, and nothing will probably stick to the ones that truly are guilty. The club should definitely be in trouble for operating after hours though.

I'm still baffled at the public intoxication charges for patrons of a club... I'm thinking the city, yet again wasted a bunch of taxpayers money to botch a job that they are just going to get sued over, and nothing will probably stick to the ones that truly are guilty. The club should definitely be in trouble for operating after hours though.

The club was operating legally after hours, but there was enough illegal activities and complaints that seem to warrant a raid on the place. I'm going by the assumption ( I don't know what time the raid actually took place) that as a place that serves no booze after 2am, the patrons should have on their way to being sober by 3 or 3:30am. and if the majority of the patrons were REALLY drunk, then that means they were serving alcohol, which is a violation.

I don't know about the legality of the raid itself, but they had to have good council about it (looks meaningfully at Red).

Edited by ricco67

but could you really get a citition for public intoxication, if you were in the club? Regardless of whether or not the club was open legally/illegally. I mean, you could state that a cab was picking you up, and dropping you off at your house. Club isn't public, cab isn't public, your house isn't public, but I guess you would be outside for a minutes or so in transit...

I know if i was in club drunk, and it got raided and i was arrested for public intoxication... i'd be getting in touch with my lawyer. Of course i don't associate with drug dealin after hours types...

Saw it all go down on 11 last night..they teamed with the cops to go undercover on an early Saturday morning, and the rest is history.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/stories/kho...ey.d61d903.html

And apparently, from watching it, a radio station plastered its sign in front of the place.

Love the part about the guy driving a stolen ambulance plowing into the police cars and non-stolen ambulance parked in front of the club. Priceless.