Versante Townhomes In Champions

pookrat

I have toured these units a few times and they are very nice but I was always surprised at how much they were selling the places for. I figured they would have a hard time selling all of the units and in fact it looks like they have been having issues. There is a sign on the fence now that talks about a public auction where at least 10 units will sell regardless of price. Prices starting at 80k. The cheapest list was 244k and went up to 290k!!! Will be interesting to see how things go.

I believe the website is the following but I can't get to it from work.

www.sheldongood.com/houstontownhomes.php

What are your thoughts on something like this? Almost impossible for a non realator to get something for a good price even if they already have funding? Will the prices be near the list? Discuss if ya will...

The only way you'll get one of these at 80k or even a decent discount is if noone shows up...

Unless of course they hired the Vintage Park Marketing Team from CBRE to promote this thing - In that case you just may be in luck!

• 3 weeks later...
This auction was held over the weekend. Anyone make it out there or hear what they sold for?

I was going to ask the same question.

I went there and signed up and they said 20 dollars for the package.

Then I said i just want to watch,then he said 20 dollars.

Then he asked me if i brought a personal check?

So I said i am just going to watch,no bid.

then he gave me a sheet identifying me as spectator.

Then some jerk stood there and watched everyone comes in and said if they have room ,then spectators would be allowed in at 12:55 pm.

So I left.

There are quite a few couples who came with their green package so I figured these must be bidders who have submitted proof of 8k cashier check or whatever.

so i am looking to find out the results,I doubt if the hall is full?

Does anyone know many townhomes they sold via the auction process?

you can call the auctioneer and ask?

see even if they tell you,this is not the final results,the cashier check is only 8k,so theyhave to go to the bank to get a mortgage.

Good info. That tells me what I was wonderin. Those prices are closer to what they probably should have been. They should be able to sell those. The Carrerra is nearly 100k less than their list!

True - but $2400/yr on HOA fees is steep compared to what you'd pay on a house in the area (& the low monthly taxes column is misleading - you'd be paying more in HOA fees + Property taxes than in almost any comparable single family home in the area...)

True - but $2400/yr on HOA fees is steep compared to what you'd pay on a house in the area (& the low monthly taxes column is misleading - you'd be paying more in HOA fees + Property taxes than in almost any comparable single family home in the area...)

For that kind of money,you can buy a house and location would be better,more privacy and a large yard,

That 200 dollars monthly maintenance fee is too high.

I bet you those 10 condos if you are patient and wait,they could go lower.

• The title was changed to Versante Townhomes In Champions

Archived