Soulja Boy's Effect on Society

Trae

I have to share this gem with HAIF. First, watch this video. It was taken on a MARTA train in Atlanta at about 2 PM a in early April 2008:

Oh, you didn't understand what she was saying? Well, here are the subtitles:

"I'm President Charley!"

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh yeah, and rap doesn't dumb people down. Maybe crap like Soulja Boy, but not to good rap I listed to (for example, Child Rebel Soldiers).

Well, I'm lumping all rap music together for the sake of brevity. Sure you have some lyrical poets out there, but its obvious by total sales that they are not the most desired by the teenage masses.

I can tell you first hand what made this girl so hopelessly stupid, rude, and worthless: her parents. Rap music is just the icing on this lost-cause cake.

She is President Charley!

Can't wait to see her at age 60, with no one or nothing in her life. Who wants to be friends, married, or even hire someone like that. She is crazy.

On a side note, that Souja Boy song and dance was the most retarded thing ever.

It will be a "Macarena" in another year and people will be embarassed that they ever admitted to liking/buying that song. One "hit" wonder. . .

Oh yeah, and rap doesn't dumb people down. Maybe crap like Soulja Boy, but not to good rap I listed to (for example, Child Rebel Soldiers).

OH, why YES, SouljaBoy is bringing ALL walks of life together, it could possibly be the "Koumbahya" of our time. WHAT? Where is the "PROOF" you say ?!? Well, I will simply submit THIS as evidence, and let you good folks decide for yourself.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ys40PuvfMlM&feature=related

OH, why YES, SouljaBoy is bringing ALL walks of life together, it could possibly be the "Koumbahya" of our time.

lol

I don't see why this is news, I do that on the bus all the time.

flipper

This post is funny not only because the comment but to find a comment by flipper in such a topic as this. Great unintentional comedy.

Now, I can also vouch for it's popularity at the Hockey Arenas also. I don't EVER recall seeing Black Folks, as fans, at a Hockey game. I have seen a couple as players, but not as fans. Well, I happen to go see the Aeros back a couple of months ago. During a break they played Souljaboy, I was looking around the stands, I was seated at the glass, and looked up to see no less than 20 to 25 Black Folks in different parts of the arena doing the Souljaboy dance, about 5 or 6 line up together in a couple of spots doing the dance in unison. It was a little more entertaining than the game,(because there were no fights as of yet on the ice.) Everyone in the arena was fixated on these "dancers" for the 3 or 4 minutes that the song was playing. Back to the Black Folks though, I don't know if they were there to enjoy an afternoon of Hockey or to listen to the music that seemed to mostly be hip-hop, which I also enjoyed myself, but perhaps they were just there in hopes to hear Souljaboy be played and needed a crowd to watch them "get down" ?!?

That video was cracking me up.

I'm kinda jealous of how DeAndre Way (Soulja Boy) became famous so early in life...

Well Souljaboy is doing his thang. He's a young teenager who lost his mother so just because he's famous doesn't necessarily mean he's happy!

Ummmm, Trae, let's talk about your avatar for a moment. Is it representative of the "good" rap culture, or is it dumbing you down ?

Good. Click the link in my signature and listen to the group. I feel smarter.

Would you feel even smarter by trying to emulate those 3 guys by going out and buying an AK47 or an UZI to wear out in public as an accessory to your Sean John gear ?

The group is called "Child Rebel Soldiers" made up by three great rap artists (Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, and Pharrell). They actually have good lyrics. My avatar is just an image from an unofficial t-shirt.

The group is called "Child Rebel Soldiers" made up by three great rap artists (Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, and Pharrell). They actually have good lyrics. My avatar is just an image from an unofficial t-shirt.

I think TJones may be trying to imply an inverse correlation between the posession of firearms and intelligence. That seems like an odd strategy in a nation created by brilliant OGs who guaranteed our right to bear arms, but let's see where he's going with this.

Not the point. I am sure there are plenty of shirts, posters, what have you, of these 3 WITHOUT being strapped ? Is there not ? You are being dumbed down by promoting that type of image. Do you think that Kanye, Pharrell and Lupe, go ANYWHERE that they need an AK ? Kanye I could possibly see because he makes such ridiculously ludicrous and ill-timed statements. Pharrell is pretty much the quiet type, and I don't think Lupe has been in the game long enough to make real enemies that would gun him down on the Las Vegas strip, do you ?

You're not getting the point of the group. I would use another image as my avatar, but it is too big. Lupe is the Child, Kanye is the Rebel, and Pharrell is the Soldier.

Kanye may make crazy statements sometimes, but he makes crazy good music.

I think TJones may be trying to imply an inverse correlation between the posession of firearms and intelligence. That seems like an odd strategy in a nation created by brilliant OGs who guaranteed our right to bear arms, but let's see where he's going with this.

No, NOT the possession of firearms, just the blatant DISPLAY of firearms when they are NOT warranted. There is a huge difference. Own all the AKs and Uzis you like, I just don't expect decent hardworking intelligent people to be photographed with them or have caracitures made with them if they want to be "respected" as an intellectual "artist".

Haven't seen too many paintings of Thomas Jefferson or John Hancock with a blackpowder muzzle slung over their back. Although there probably are, if I were to post one here or a picture of Charlton Heston with an NRA logo, I am sure I would be considered yet another rigthwing, guntotin', nutjob. But as it stands, I am just a moderate nutjob in these Liberals eyes.

Ok Trae, I'll bite. Breakdown what:

CHILD

REBEL

SOLDIERS

means exactly ?

No, NOT the possession of firearms, just the blatant DISPLAY of firearms when they are NOT warranted. There is a huge difference. Own all the AKs and Uzis you like, I just don't expect decent hardworking intelligent people to be photographed with them or have caracitures made with them if I want to be "respected" as an intellectual "artist".

The group name is "Child Rebel Soldiers". Go image up Child Rebel Soldiers, and look at some of the pictures that come up. Maybe this will tell you why some third party created that shirt.

No, NOT the possession of firearms, just the blatant DISPLAY of firearms when they are NOT warranted. There is a huge difference. Own all the AKs and Uzis you like, I just don't expect decent hardworking intelligent people to be photographed with them or have caracitures made with them if they want to be "respected" as an intellectual "artist".

So it's the belief that the display of firearms is warranted that indicates a lack of intelligence? Intelligent people can't disagree about that issue?

Archived