For Sale ~ Inner-loop Broadmoor Bungalow

This one is just a good basic bungalow. It has window units, needs stuff, but is very clean and would be a good one for someone who does not want to pay extra for someone else's poorly executed rehab work. The kitchen cabinets are original, it has the hardwoods. 3 bedrooms. 1 bath.

1554 Broadmoor

Good luck with that. I wonder if "up and coming" means it's a crappy neighborhood now and will still be crappy years from now.

Well we have a handful of "Haifer's" that call Broadmoor home, so they may be better qualified to answer on its "crappy" status since they are actual residents. As for my use of the phrase, it indicates that it is a transitional neighborhood. It bears the scars, so to speak of decline while at the same time seeing homes being rejuvenated.

It is up to an individual house shopper to determine where on the gentrification wave they want to jump into a transitional neighborhood. But if you want a decent bungalow 5 minutes from downtown for $121,000, then you had better be prepared to catch that wave a little earlier on the cycle.

While not a resident, I think Broadmoor has a lot of potential. The neighborhood is in a good location - 5 min to downtown with easy access to I-45. The gentrification of Eastwood is also impacting Broadmoor, given that the two neighborhoods are adjacent to each other with no barriers between them. Broadmoor has great housing stock in its brick bungalows, and it has a great neighborhood "feel" to it. Plus, that little triangular park is a nice neighborhood focal point.

Yes, a lot of the homes need work, but this has also kept the housing prices down. As more and more people see the opportunity to own cheap property close to downtown, more of the homes will be renovated. This will cause property values will appreciate, and the neighborhood will continue to improve. This process doesn't happen overnight, but those that are willing to invest early in the game will stand to make the largest returns.

While not a resident, I think Broadmoor has a lot of potential. The neighborhood is in a good location - 5 min to downtown with easy access to I-45. The gentrification of Eastwood is also impacting Broadmoor, given that the two neighborhoods are adjacent to each other with no barriers between them. Broadmoor has great housing stock in its brick bungalows, and it has a great neighborhood "feel" to it. Plus, that little triangular park is a nice neighborhood focal point.

Yes, a lot of the homes need work, but this has also kept the housing prices down. As more and more people see the opportunity to own cheap property close to downtown, more of the homes will be renovated. This will cause property values will appreciate, and the neighborhood will continue to improve. This process doesn't happen overnight, but those that are willing to invest early in the game will stand to make the largest returns.

Thank you, Dan - my sentiments exactly! I live in Broadmoor, and get so tired of people dissing an area they don't know.

This year will mark our 40 year anniversary when we bought our home in Broadmoor, no regret's whatsover. We will keep our home no matter what. The main reason we purchased? Proximity to everything! and that was in 1968.

1. Schools are all nearby or within walking distance

2. U of H just across the frwy

3. Eastwood Transit Center a mere 2 blocks away

4. Fire Station & churches are nearby

5. 45 Freeway just a few blocks away that take you anywhere within minutes, ie; Downtown, Reliant Center, Medical Center, Galleria, everything!

6. Best of all, the area is making a comeback.

Many of the people I grew up with are coming back to the homes they once lived in and restoring to original beauty. Super Neighbohood orgs are growing so more participation and best of all HPD has committed to making sure it remains are place to live peacefully.

There are many vacant lots ready to build on too. Outsiders need to pay attention...

Opportunity only knock's once! Hello! :D

I will back up some of the comments on here regarding Broadmoor. My wife and I have owned a few homes in the neighborhood and currently reside in the same home for the past 4.5 years. We have loved the community as a whole, there are some homes that need to be scraped however there has been a constant renovation cycle going on in the neighborhood since we have moved in. If you take a drive through the neighborhood the day prior to heavy trash you will find lots of construction debris, old toliets, tubs, cabinets, etc... waiting to be picked up. All evidence of a renovation in process.

In regards to crime we have experienced none, I attribute this to neighbors who look out after each other and having Victor Trevino and his wife living in the neighborhood as well. You often times see constable cars cruising through the area keeping an eye on everything. Location and proximity is fantastic and if you are lucky enough to work downtown the time and gas expenses are almost non-existent. Future light rail line will connect to the Eastwood Transit Center which will be a big bonus and one day the Macy's (old Foley's) warehouses will be torn down and replaced with something better but who knows what as of right now???

Last but not least most of the homes are brick and on a lot size of 6,250sqft which is quite large when you compare to other inner loop neighborhoods.

All the best,

Scharpe St Guy

Archived