New Lifestyle Center In Missouri City

lockmat

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/nb/fortbend/news/5756506.html

Sienna Plantation town center proposed

In other business Monday, the council approved a finance plan for a tax increment reinvestment zone aimed at jump-starting a $306 million "lifestyle center" development near Texas 6 and Sienna Parkway. Sienna Plantation Lifestyle District is promising a town center development with shops, restaurants, condos, offices and entertainment venues on land that is now mostly undeveloped.

Hawes estimated the city will take in an additional $76 million in sales-tax revenue when the town center development is complete.

The Sienna TIRZ is a good deal for taxpayers, said Mayor Allen Owen. "They're a great way for us to build the city. The taxpayers don't pay a dime. That's the beauty of it."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/nb/fortbend/news/5756506.html

Sienna Plantation town center proposed

In other business Monday, the council approved a finance plan for a tax increment reinvestment zone aimed at jump-starting a $306 million "lifestyle center" development near Texas 6 and Sienna Parkway. Sienna Plantation Lifestyle District is promising a town center development with shops, restaurants, condos, offices and entertainment venues on land that is now mostly undeveloped.

Hawes estimated the city will take in an additional $76 million in sales-tax revenue when the town center development is complete.

The Sienna TIRZ is a good deal for taxpayers, said Mayor Allen Owen. "They're a great way for us to build the city. The taxpayers don't pay a dime. That's the beauty of it."

Am I the only one who just can't get past the words "....plantation lifestyle..." ?

Am I the only one who just can't get past the words "....plantation lifestyle..." ?

doesn't Plantation go with Sienna, not necessarily with, lifestyle? I think it's a lifestyle center at Sienna Plantation. I don't think they're building a plantation lifestyle center.

Or is that you just can't get past the oxymoron?

doesn't Plantation go with Sienna, not necessarily with, lifestyle? I think it's a lifestyle center at Sienna Plantation. I don't think they're building a plantation lifestyle center.

so...........let me understand. they are building a lifestyle center on the Plantation!

Or is it at the Plantation? :huh:

I don't know that it's technically an oxymoron, Lock, but it is certainly a ridiculous name.

Still waiting for Cathedral Centre. A proper, walled, mixed-use development, with a moat!

Assuming there will be no cotton picking at this lifestyle center, what the hell is a "lifestyle center"? Is this a gay thing?

Definitely a ridiculous name. Guess they didn't want to use "town center" because it would be copying Sugar Land.

Definitely a ridiculous name. Guess they didn't want to use "town center" because it would be copying Sugar Land.

As far as I know, they will be calling it "Sienna Plantation Town Center." "Lifestyle Center" is just the description, to distinguish it from a shopping mall. On the Sugar Land Town Square website, the SLTS is also referred to as a lifestyle center. As to why Sienna Plantation, which is not a town, should have a town center, that I don't know. Just the trend, I guess, like the even worse-named "Grand Parkway Town Center."

http://recenter.tamu.edu/mnews/newsSearch....S&CID=41483

Is this part of the same development...?

(Katy) - Formation Development Group has broken ground on The Sienna at Cinco Ranch, a senior living project in the Cinco Ranch master-planned community in Katy. The development, which will be complete in the third quarter 2009, will offer 126 independent living and 32 assisted living rental apartments. The Sienna at Cinco Ranch will feature amenities such as concierge services, multiple dining venues, a wine bar and a terrace club activities room. The project is located at 24001 Cinco Village Center Blvd. next to LaCenterra, a new Main Street-style retail center in Cinco Ranch.

[Texas Real Estate Business]

yay for old people

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Where exactly is the Sienna Plantation project going to be? Along Hwy 6?

On Sienna Parkway, maybe a half-mile from Hwy 6. Right about where the Fort Bend Toll Road is supposed to cut through Sienna.

• The title was changed to New Lifestyle Center In Missouri City

Archived