I-10 underpasses and the painting they are doing

I don't know if many of you have noticed that they are starting to paint the underpasses on many of the finished sections of I-10. Some they painted blue bonnets in the star, but ours is PUKE green. The whole entire underpass looks like the avocado appliance color from the 70's.At first we thought it was just a primer, but it looks like its here to stay.

Does each area get a theme, and we got Nausea?

The Big Chiclets (my new name for the Harrisburg and Wayside underpasses) over here in my hood don't seem so bad, now.

At least we have an assortment of colors.

Ugh. Who is charge of all this and WHY did they have to paint them? They looked nice enough just beige and grey.

I think we should all take pictures of these things and post them. Next time I go up to 10, I'lltake my camera.

Funny thing is this is technically the Energy Corridor....and they are painting the underpasses green. Who didn't buy their carbon credits around here and this is the pay back? :wacko:

I think the painted-to-look-like-brick ones on the West Loop in Bellaire look nice.

That's because Bellaire put their foot up someone's booty and told them how THEY wanted their underpasses done. ;)

Archived