Houston Tower Crane Photos

Do you love cranes and what they represent?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do you love cranes and what they represent?

• I love cranes and what they represent.
    • I am indifferent to cranes and what they represent.
    • I loathe cranes and what they represent.

No. Trump is only 1,362 feet tall. The Sears Tower is 1,450 to the roof and 1,729 to the tip of its west spire.

If you're the sort of person who includes antennae in building heights, the John Hancock Center is also taller than Trump at 1,506 feet.

I think the question is how tall is the crane on top of the building itself?

I think the question is how tall is the crane on top of the building itself?

The crane's long gone, but at the time it was up the operator's cab was probably around 1,250 feet. The spire was assembled by helicopter.

Here's the view of the Trump building from my bedroom window:

TrumpInternationalHotelandTower-Jan09-058a.jpg

The crane's long gone, but at the time it was up the operator's cab was probably around 1,250 feet. The spire was assembled by helicopter.

Here's the view of the Trump building from my bedroom window:

TrumpInternationalHotelandTower-Jan09-058a.jpg

It's been pretty impressive to see this project go up over the past several years.

Hey editor, good to see another Chicago area Houstonian. I'm over in Naperville, but make my way into the city for Bears and White Sox games frequently, not to mention the museums and dinner outings for work.

Edited by Bombero451

Join the club, I'm in the south loop and from the looks of the picture, the editor must live in Streeterville ?

The riverwalk area in naperville is great and so is their downtown...I've spent a lot of time out there over the past 5 yrs.

Bombero, your avatar is priceless my friend.

Thank you, made it myself. :D

Join the club, I'm in the south loop and from the looks of the picture, the editor must live in Streeterville ?

The riverwalk area in naperville is great and so is their downtown...I've spent a lot of time out there over the past 5 yrs.

The river area is nice. I live just south of downtown Naperville, 5-7 minutes by car and 20 or so by bike.

I''ve been here for over 10 years and love the place. I'm also a bigtime Chicago Fire fan, so if you make your way to Bridgeview ever, let me know. My friends and I tailgate before every game (3+ hours before kickoff). Come on by.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

we love cranes :) hehe

Crane company opens Houston headquarters

Holt Crane & Equipment has opened its new headquarters in Houston to sell and service Link-Belt brand mobile cranes throughout most of Texas.

The company, a division of San Antonio-based Holt CAT, moved into a 20,000-square-foot space at 7010 Northeast Loop near Homestead Road. The company purchased and renovated the space which had been damaged after Hurricane Ike. An additional 10,000 square feet is available for expansion.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Since everyone here loves cranes and pictures of them, I wanted to create a thread where I can share with you my personal pictures of cranes and crane work to give you all a glimpse of what I do.

Feel free to add all of your crane pics, as I will be constantly updating this thread.

I will start with pics of a tower crane being dismantled. The crane on the ground is a Demag AC 500-2, which has roughly over 600 short tons of capacity. You will see the process of how it's done. Also, if you have any questions, feel free to ask me! :)

Enjoy!

OmLppNal.jpg

p2oDlFOl.jpg

uMftE0wl.jpg

6E5Ve6tl.jpg

iUgPhlQl.jpg

XlSzSYql.jpg

i8hbCtIl.jpg

tIINQIOl.jpg

IgThElnl.jpg

8GwsmXe.jpg

IqI53wd.jpg

ytcA5EJ.jpg

XmAtu9b.jpg

WRireAo.jpg

op5AmTS.jpg

ezovG3T.jpg

fEioequ.jpg

zhnMfvS.jpg

DHTsi09.jpg

• Like 5

Changing out a cell phone tower antenna for Verizon Wireless, can you hear me NOW

What's next an Austin Powers' quote? LAME.

Thanks for the pictures. I follow some dude on tumblr & instagram that is a crane operator. He takes awesome pictures but has a nasty habit of squeezing the photos so that buildings look twice as tall and twice as narrow. Tell him to stop.

What's next an Austin Powers' quote? LAME.

Thanks for the pictures. I follow some dude on tumblr & instagram that is a crane operator. He takes awesome pictures but has a nasty habit of squeezing the photos so that buildings look twice as tall and twice as narrow. Tell him to stop.

Yea, I dont know him.

Wondering if any crane guys were scared of heights but got over it or is that not possible, you either fear or you don't. I had to climb a 10 storie NEXRAD Radar Tower with the metal steps where you can see gaps all the way to the ground and it was pretty tough and not fun, wonder if you can get over it or it is permanent.

You can get over it.

When I was younger, I used to change billboards for Viacom. When I first started I was terrified up there, but after a while you stop looking down, you get your balance and become used to it.

Edited by Howard Huge

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...