Feds take

N Judah

• 1 month later...

So I have been watching the news all week and something just wasn't adding up. It's had this rosy glow about how the economy is improving, how oil is decreasing in price, homes are selling (seriously) and now this (read below) ... so, is it that they believe the lies they tell us are true? Do they just think regular old folks like you and me are stupid? Or do they know if they feed us two pieces of information simultaneously it doesn't mean anything because no one really pays attention to anything anyhow...?

The blue-chip indicator posts its biggest one-day point loss in 15 months, after crude prices see largest one-day advance ever and the dollar slides.

Crude has jumped over $16 in two sessions, with prices settling up $10.75 to $138.54 a barrel Friday.

Full article here: http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/06/markets/ma...sion=2008060614

... so, is it that they believe the lies they tell us are true? Do they just think regular old folks like you and me are stupid? Or do they know if they feed us two pieces of information simultaneously it doesn't mean anything because no one really pays attention to anything anyhow...?

It means don't take the news too seriously.

If the FTC wants to know if any oil is being exported from Alaska to other countire, why don't they mosey on over to the Energy Administration website and look at the official statistics there. I did that th eother day for something else, and noticed that there is no crude oil exported from ALaska to other countries these days. However, if BP could get another $2 per barrel by exporting the oil, that's fine by me. Nowhere is it written that the US is entitled to pay less than market price for crude oil. Want prices to go down? Use less oil.

If the FTC wants to know if any oil is being exported from Alaska to other countire, why don't they mosey on over to the Energy Administration website and look at the official statistics there. I did that th eother day for something else, and noticed that there is no crude oil exported from ALaska to other countries these days. However, if BP could get another $2 per barrel by exporting the oil, that's fine by me. Nowhere is it written that the US is entitled to pay less than market price for crude oil. Want prices to go down? Use less oil.

It hasn't worked for me.

Archived