Klein Collins High School At 20811 Ella Blvd.

Chris

For those who don't know about Klein Collins, It opened in 2001 under projected enrollment. Klein Collins was built to relieve Klein Oak which had around at or over 3,000 students. Klein Collins opened with 1,024 students. Now the school's enrollment is 3,175 and expected to rise. KC Administrators are comparing the enrollment to almost meeting Klein and Klein Forest Enrollments which are 3,300 and 3,500. Klein Oak is still at around 2,900 and rising. In between classes at KC, Hallways are very crowded unless you take one of many side hallways. You cant even walk down the hall without being bumped into or bumping into someone else. Not to mention Klein Collins recieved 5 T-Buildings this year for the first time ever for the overcrowding. The traffic is an issue also. KC is located on a 2 laned road (Ella Blvd) along with Schindewolf Intermediate and Kreinhop Elementary Schools. All 3 Schools are very close to each other. During the morning traffic is backed up in front of the school so bad that Spring Cypress is flooded with cars.Favel Rd coming from the back entrance of Normandy Forest is also the worst car to car. Traffic is car to car 5 minutes before the bell rings at 7:31 for 1st period to start. There are only 2 entry/exit ways out of the student parking lot, so you can only imagine what its like after school. Ella Blvd needs to be 4 lanes to accomadate 3 schools. A light also needs to be added at the intersection of Ella and Falvel in front of Schindewolf. Klein Collins is certainly gotten larger and will not get any smaller, therefore the following things need to be added to help the overcrowding issue.

*Add a 4th Lunch for 07/08 school year.

*Add 2 Lanes to Ella Blvd.

*Add Traffic Light directly in front of Schindewolf.

*Add 3rd Exit/Entry to Student Parking Lot.

*Return Bus Service to Normandy Forest.

Ok, time to let go of the bolded out posts.

When I was in HS back in 1990 or so, Klein Oak was a 5A high school, with a larger enrollment than it has today. I guess they siphoned off a lot of that enrollment for Klein Collins?

Also, does Klein Independent School District have any plans to open up another HS?

Lastly, I'd like to see them (KISD) rezone people on the North side of 1960, south of Cypress Creek (ie. Wimbledon Forest, parts of Huntwick) to Klein High...Greenwood should be included in this, as KF is overcrowded from what I've read.

Edited by mrfootball

from the demographic study done for Klein ISD

more about capacity from demographic study

more about expected population by neighborhood areas

summation of comments made by PASA re; long-range high school plans

A note from pineda:

I do not agree with many of the assessments and assumptions made in the PASA report commissioned by the Klein ISD, especially regarding current population numbers and projected future ones. I would use their report as one of several planning tools, but it is not the solitary recommendation I would choose to use.

Edited by pineda

Ella should have been widened while Klein Collins was being built. There are more then just 5 temporary buildings. This would relief the disaster of trying to leave the parking lot, adding a 3rd exit would be wise too.

They built a sidewalk to bridgestone so they wouldn't have to bus the subdivision. Which is stupid, because some parts of the subdivision are so far from the school.

The school was suppose to be 4 stories, I believe, but they blew all the money on the flood relief pond on the south side of the building. (where the temporary buildings are). Not to mention the horrible smell and lack of a/c in some of those buildings. They finally built a roof over the sidewalk, after how many times it rained?

"Grade A" thinking right there.

Chris - are you enrolled at Klein Collins?

Edited by Montrose1100

Klein ISD said they dont plan on building another High School untill 2009 or 2010. I think the location of HS #5 will be on a 136 acre trac of land on the corner of FM 2920 and Huffsmith Kuykendahl. The land was originally owed by a family who took Klein ISD to court over the 136 acres. The land will also house Elementary #27 and Intermediate #10. There was much fuss over the land because of its location. The land could actually be annexed to Tomball ISD according to some people. Klein ISD has already purchased land for Intermediate #9. Intermediate #9 will be located next to Metzler Elementary School in the Augusta Pines Subdivision on the corner of Kuykendahl and West Rayford Rd according to Klein ISD.

Klein ISD said they dont plan on building another High School untill 2009 or 2010. I think the location of HS #5 will be on a 136 acre trac of land on the corner of FM 2920 and Huffsmith Kuykendahl. The land was originally owed by a family who took Klein ISD to court over the 136 acres. The land will also house Elementary #27 and Intermediate #10. There was much fuss over the land because of its location. The land could actually be annexed to Tomball ISD according to some people. Klein ISD has already purchased land for Intermediate #9. Intermediate #9 will be located next to Metzler Elementary School in the Augusta Pines Subdivision on the corner of Kuykendahl and West Rayford Rd according to Klein ISD.

Actually HS #5 which is a couple years away from starting will be on a piece of land around 68 acres along Spring Cypress just East of 249. It will not have a new Intermediate, or Elementary on the property. The deal was just finalized. Redistricting will show that this school will affect directly areas that attend Klein Oak and Klein. HS #6 is planned but too far out to discuss.

The enrollment map picture of the area in the KF zone looks like an arm holding a gun to the rest of district.

http://www.kleinisd.net/docs/bond.attHS.pdf

Lol. Too funny. But seriously, MrFootball, I realize that a lot of the kids who live in the established neighborhoods like Greenwood and Wimbledon Forest experience culture shock when they set foot in Klein Forest, but why can't they keep the school, since those were the school's original neighborhoods? I would redraw the boundaries to where only some of the current areas are rezoned to the new school. I don't think removing the upper class white kids out of fear is the best solution. The changing of demographics is not the main reason schools go downhill. It has to do with the administration and teaching just as much. The parental involvement from neighborhoods like Greenwood and Wimbledon will set an example for the others to follow. I'm only commenting on this topic because I drive by KFHS every day to get to work, so I almost feel like I'm part of the community.

• 6 months later...

Congratulations to them. The Spring/Klein area dominates baseball in the Houston area. Too bad they took away all the baseball talent that normally went to Klein Oak. I'm sure they'll catch back up though with all the new housing developments.

That's at least two state finals appearances by Collins that I know of in their short lived existence.

• 10 months later...

Mike Konicki of the KCHS Athlectic Dept. passed away this morning after a long battle with Cancer. The Cancer had spread to other parts of his body. Assosciate Principal Steve Matheson came onto the PA sysem at approximately 12:20 pm to make aware the school of what had happened. The rest of the day was sad and heartbroken for the Konicki Family. He was a major, great and successful asset of Klein Collins High School and will be greatly missed. Please keep him and his family in your prayers.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

As of Today, I am no longer a student at Klein High school. I left due to the constuction next year. As I wear klein Collins Colors, I thank the teachers and staff at Klein High School for 3 great years, You have belived in me where others would not have, without you i would not been the great senior that i am now. Go Klein Bearkats. Go Klein Collins Tigers.

• The title was changed to Klein Collins Travels To Round Rock For State Championship Playoffs In Baseball
  • The title was changed to Klein Collins High School At 20811 Ella Blvd.