Dog friendly restaurants/bars?

Ok, I know the West Alabama Ice House allows dogs. Where else can you go and bring your well behaved canine? Does Barnaby's allow dogs? What about Niko Nikos? Any other suggestions?

They did at one point... Then I think they got cited by the city for violating health codes. Same would be true for Niko Nikos... or any food establishment... I think...

Ok, I know the West Alabama Ice House allows dogs. Where else can you go and bring your well behaved canine? Does Barnaby's allow dogs? What about Niko Nikos? Any other suggestions?

Front Porch Pub - Midtown.

They did at one point... Then I think they got cited by the city for violating health codes. Same would be true for Niko Nikos... or any food establishment... I think...

Unless it is a service dog forget it.

20-21.28(f) Prohibiting animals.

(1) Except as specified in item (2) of this subsection, live animals may not be allowed on the premises of a food establishment.

(2) Live animals may be allowed in the following situations if the contamination of food, clean equipment, utensils, linens, and unwrapped single-service and single-use articles cannot result:

a. Edible fish or decorative fish in aquariums, shell fish or crustacea on ice or under refrigeration, and shellfish and crustacea in display tank systems;

b. Patrol dogs accompanying police or security officers in offices and dining, sales, and storage areas, and sentry dogs running loose in outside fenced areas;

c. In areas that are not used for food preparation and that are usually open for customers, such as dining and sales areas, service animals that are controlled by the individual with a disability, or service animals in training when accompanied by an approved trainer, if a health or safety hazard will not result from the presence or activities of the service animal;

d. Pets in the common dining areas of institutional care facilities such as nursing homes, assisted living facilities, group homes, or residential care facilities at times other than during meals if:

[1] Effective partitioning and self-closing doors separate the common dining areas from food storage or food preparation areas;

[2] Condiments, equipment, and utensils are stored in enclosed cabinets or removed from the common dining areas when pets are present; and

[3] Dining areas including tables, counter tops, and similar surfaces are effectively cleaned before the next meal service; and

e. In areas that are not used for food preparation, storage, sales, display, or dining, in which there are caged animals or animals that are similarly confined, such as in a variety store that sells pets or a tourist park that displays animals.

(3) Live or dead fish bait may be stored if contamination of food, clean equipment, utensils, linens, and unwrapped single-service and single-use articles cannot result.

Berryhill, near Westheimer @ Kirby (patio). Gingerman (patio). I think it's pretty much acceptable anywhere there is a patio or deck and your pooch is well behaved. Taking my dog to such a setting would only result in shame and embarrassement for me.

After all, this is not Paris. We American's are overly germophobic.

After all, this is not Paris. We American's are overly germophobic.

...and quick to complain.

A number of years ago, I had gone to the Mucky Duck during lunch (or or something) and a dog just came up and we started rubbing its ears. The owner came over to chase it away (I think it was his) and we said it wasn't bothering us, but eventually he had to throw him out in the patio when he tried hiding under the table. He said that the Health Department would go nuts if they walked in.

They might allow it on the patio, but overall it's not allowed.

Archived