Duran Duran Day on HAIF

editor

You may have noticed by now the "Happy Duran Duran Day" graphic at the top of the HAIF pages.

Here it is again:

HAIF-Duran-Duran-Day-2008.gif

Here's a little contest: Why do I call May Fifth, 2008 "Duran Duran Day?"

First person with the correct answer wins an incredibly small prize.

You may have noticed by now the "Happy Duran Duran Day" graphic at the top of the HAIF pages.

Here it is again:

Oooh!

Because there is a new moon this monday!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Moon_on_Monday

200px-New_Moon_on_Monday.jpg

Here it is again:

Wow, one of the most surprising thread titles I've seen in a while! I have no idea what the significance of the date is... but I will venture a guess. The 25th anniversary of the release of that Duran Duran classic single "Rio?"

And the winner is Puma.

I wasn't so scientific. I just used the Hello Kitty calendar hanging over the toilet.

Check your e-mail to redeem your tiny prize.

Sweetness Wayne,

Thank you for the iTunes download! I honestly did not know you can send a specific song gift through iTunes, that is pretty slick!

Thanx again, I will redeem it when I get home tonight on my PC, I am still at work now.

Oh, I see. You have to know the name of some horrible Duran Duran song to win. I like my answer better.

Girls on Film. The only halfway good Duran Duran song. But it does not have anything to do with May 5, that I know of, or the Editor's Hello Kitty calendar.

Maybe you can win the prize next time, meme.

Anyway, don't you have some kids on your lawn?

edit: :)

Girls on Film. The only halfway good Duran Duran song. But it does not have anything to do with May 5, that I know of, or the Editor's Hello Kitty calendar.

Maybe you can win the prize next time, meme.

Anyway, don't you have some kids on your lawn?

Ugh. Fleh. Graw.

My lawn is kid free and staying that way.

I have a Hello Kitty toilet seat cover, though.

Fleh. Graw.

I have a Hello Kitty toilet seat cover, though.

I just learned two new words.

Guess who else likes Hello Kitty? Mariah Carey!

http://blog.sanriotown.com/hotzone:helloki...o-kitty-toilet/

I have to admit, though, that giant Sanrio store in San Francisco is like crack. I had to make myself leave. (had to go to the other crackhouse, Lush.)

I have to admit, though, that giant Sanrio store in San Francisco is like crack. I had to make myself leave. (had to go to the other crackhouse, Lush.)

I used to go to that giant Sanrio store once a year. I just go to the Galleria one now. Having a daughter helped reduce the frightened looks I get during my visits.

Maybe I should toss in some extras to Puma like some promotional (wall size) posters & buttons from 82 of the group when Rio and Hungry Like the Wolf were hot? Ja!

PS, for the die hard fans, it's worth buying the video compilation of every vid these guys made.

Na...na... Notorious! :)

They were always credited for being very creative and innovative in the modern video craze. This one proves it.

Skin Trade 1987

Best Duran Duran song ever:

200px-Reflex7.jpg

The Reflex

Traveling west on I-80 in western Pennsylvania you will climb a number of hills, among them one reading "Eastern Continental Divide" -- that's how you know you're getting close. Soon you will crest over the top of a large hill that has a sign reading "Highest point on I-80 east of the Mississippi." If you happen to be in a 1984 Volkswagen Rabbit and pass the sign going exactly 55 miles an hour, and throw it into neutral, you will coast downhill and across the Ohio state line just as the song reaches its crescendo.

Maybe I should toss in some extras to Puma like some promotional (wall size) posters & buttons from 82 of the group when Rio and Hungry Like the Wolf were hot? Ja!

You should see what the value of those are, might be worth eBay-ing.

Oh, I see. You have to know the name of some horrible Duran Duran song to win. I like my answer better.

Your answer:

"Duran" has 5 letters.

5/5 = Duran Duran

In that case, I declare this Sunday, May 4th to be "Marky Mark" Day!!! :lol:

"Marky" has 5 letters, "Mark" has 4.

5/4 = Marky Mark

"Feel the vibrations!" :P

Maybe we could have "Durian Durian day" and dedicate it to the fruit (Durian has a distinctive odor and therefore is not allowed on Singapore subways) ;)

Not just the subways -- schools, hospitals, hotels, pretty much anywhere you can't smoke in America you can't have a durian in Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia.

I've had durian. I've even had durian ice cream. It tastes like a cross between vanilla and a rotting onion inside a wet sock at the end of a dank alley. But once you've had it about an hour later, you're looking for more.

Archived