Klein Restroom Problems

klein

It has to do with customer expectation.

Women want a private place to socialize and "freshen up."

Men want a hole to piss in.

I like a nice bathroom (especially for #2) as much as the next person. But as long as it's not too smelly, has some running water (for hands), and isn't too creepy (dark and moldy) I'm good for a quick #1.

Can't be worse than a Starbucks bathroom. There's nothing consistently worse than Starbucks bathrooms. It's been a decade since I've seen a truck stop restroom worse than one at Starbucks.

One would think the Starbucks toilets would be way better...

Can't be worse than a Starbucks bathroom. There's nothing consistently worse than Starbucks bathrooms. It's been a decade since I've seen a truck stop restroom worse than one at Starbucks.

I think that may be a Chicago thing. All of the Starbucks bathrooms I've been in were clean.

Klein also does not about the health of men.

Evidence?

The women can buy sanitary napkins but all the men get is standard towles.

Can buy? Is there a napkin vending machine in the bathroom? Forgive me if this is common, but never seen it. Public park bathrooms are the worst. Nothing like no air conditioning, 95 degrees, and no tp. I've never sweat more than that in my life.

I think that may be a Chicago thing. All of the Starbucks bathrooms I've been in were clean.

Nope. I formed this opinion long before I moved to Chicago, and it's held true in every city I've visited. It's even true internationally.

The only Houston Starbucks restrooms I've been to are the one across from the Galleria and the old one on West Gray. Both were horrid.

Nope. I formed this opinion long before I moved to Chicago, and it's held true in every city I've visited. It's even true internationally.

The only Houston Starbucks restrooms I've been to are the one across from the Galleria and the old one on West Gray. Both were horrid.

I've been in the old one on West Gray. It was clean when I was there.

Maybe we have a very different threshold for filth? My visit to China may have seriously distorted my restroom cleanliness perception.

I've been in the old one on West Gray. It was clean when I was there.

Maybe we have a very different threshold for filth? My visit to China may have seriously distorted my restroom cleanliness perception.

I think China has the second-worst bathrooms on Earth. Only slightly better than Thailand. I waited in line for 30 minutes to take a pee in an outhouse at a monastery at the top of a mountain. The "WC" was just a five-gallon pickle bucket with half a broken toilet seat balanced on it, and the bucket was overflowing. Worst. Toilet. Evar.

Can buy? Is there a napkin vending machine in the bathroom? Forgive me if this is common, but never seen it. Public park bathrooms are the worst. Nothing like no air conditioning, 95 degrees, and no tp. I've never sweat more than that in my life.

First: Midtown I didn't realize that YOU actually NEEDED to use a "sanitary napkin", do you use pads or tampons for your monthlys ? LOL!

B: 20thStDad, you have got to be kidding me ! It is common knowledge that under NO circumstances do you EVER use a rest area to "drop the kids off at the pool !" Wait, was this episode you had in the 1950's ? If it was then that was ok, they actually had people who worked with some pride to keep the toilets clean at these roadside conveniences. B)

I think China has the second-worst bathrooms on Earth. Only slightly better than Thailand. I waited in line for 30 minutes to take a pee in an outhouse at a monastery at the top of a mountain. The "WC" was just a five-gallon pickle bucket with half a broken toilet seat balanced on it, and the bucket was overflowing. Worst. Toilet. Evar.

OK, time for the Chinese toilet stories. Gather round, kids.

1. The only clean toilets I saw in China were in my hotel, kept specially clean for westerners.

2. Most had no toilet paper. The McDonald's just south of Tiananmen Square had toilet paper, but it was so valuabe they hung a single roll outside the restrooms, between the men's and women's, where no one would be bold enough to steal it. You had to plan ahead to use it.

3. I visited a high school in Tianjin. The smell of human waste in the classes near the restroom made breathing difficult.

4. I visited a mall in Tianjin. The "toilet" consisted of 3 long troughs, about 2 inches deep, that ran across the room. People had to straddle them and do their business without letting any of their clothes touch the accumulated waste. They had a man there who scraped them out every hour or so. Once a week they poured water through them.

5. I visited the hutongs in Beijing. Jam-packed neighborhoods shared two or three little squat holes in the ground. Sometimes the edges of the holes were caving in, requiring great skill to avoid falling in.

6. I saw small children wearing pants that split up the back. They had no undergarments or diapers. When they needed to defecate, they just squatted down on the sidewalk and let 'er rip. The parents kept walking, leaving little landmines of human feces right there on the busy sidewalk.

I haven't been to Thailand, but I've been to a lot of US truckstops. The nastiest, scariest truckstop restroom seems pleasant after my trip to China.

"A fish cannot live in distilled water." - Mao Zedong

My, what a charming thread. :huh:

Right. Seems that Klein should take this up with Klein ISD managment instead of wasting time/breath venting on an architecture based forum. At first it seemed like a valid story about the schools discrimination against men or women in top management. False alarm kid's.Geez. :wacko:

Right. Seems that Klein should take this up with Klein ISD managment instead of wasting time/breath venting on an architecture based forum. At first it seemed like a valid story about the schools discrimination against men or women in top management. False alarm kid's.Geez. :wacko:

I did and they were competely unhelpful.

What's wrong with the men's restroom:

toilets are cracked.

one restroom does not have stalls!

the others do not have stall doors.

the foundation is visable in some spots ones in the Main Building.

This post brings up some good memories from my junior year at Klein High school back in 1997. At the time, the mens restrooms were in terrible shape, including no doors on any of the stalls. Based on the original poster it sounds like nothing has changed. Well, one day at school I had to do my business and I absolutely refused to use the normal men's bathroom. So in my infinite wisdom I decided to make a pit stop in the teacher's restroom. Well my luck went south when I came out of the bathroom and a female teacher happened to be standing right there waiting for the bathroom. I didn't even notice but I accidently went in the FEMALE teacher's restroom (it was a single stall restroom)...ahh good times. Needless to say I ended up getting a couple days of suspension for that one:)

Do you think the outcome would be different if you had asked a staff member for permission to use the staff toilet?

IMO that punishment is too harsh, considering that the toilet was a single room (and therefore there isn't as much sense) - I think a lunch detention would have been a better punishment.

This post brings up some good memories from my junior year at Klein High school back in 1997. At the time, the mens restrooms were in terrible shape, including no doors on any of the stalls. Based on the original poster it sounds like nothing has changed. Well, one day at school I had to do my business and I absolutely refused to use the normal men's bathroom. So in my infinite wisdom I decided to make a pit stop in the teacher's restroom. Well my luck went south when I came out of the bathroom and a female teacher happened to be standing right there waiting for the bathroom. I didn't even notice but I accidently went in the FEMALE teacher's restroom (it was a single stall restroom)...ahh good times. Needless to say I ended up getting a couple days of suspension for that one:)

• 2 years later...

I stand corrected Klein HS is sexist not KISD

Klein Collins gives equal treatment ( I no longer go to Klein)

From what I have heard the Annex restrooms (Main Building torn down) are even more horribe then the Main Building

I only started goining to KC this school year so how am I supposed to know what restrooms are like there.

They also tore down a building at KHS as part of a campus reconstruction project (hopefully the new KHS will have better restrooms)

• 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Klein Restroom Problems

Archived