HAIF - Houston's original social media

2008 Houston Texans Thread

This was the first Texans game I watched in what must be several years. I thought they played really well up until the very end. Once the QB situation is sorted out the Texans will be really awesome. So the good news is they are no longer a bad team but the bad news is that they lost.

They lost in typical Texans style, and not being a fan I was amused by it. Bout time a team came along and tried to take the joke of the league title away from my Saints. That's not just a one-year title either, there's a different goat every year, but I'm talking about decades of losing and humiliation. Texans are well on their way. Unless the Bengals take the title back...

The only thing I can compare this loss to is the Oilers loss to Buffalo. The only silver lining is that we weren't in the playoffs. The playoffs...LOL. That's something we won't have to worry about for a while. I can't believe they collapsed like that after such a well played game. To give a game away like that has to be like a sucker punch to the gut. I don't know what Kubiak can possibly to do motivate those players now. I've been a fan since McNair bought the team with that $700 million check, but I've never been more disappointed than after this game.

Losing that game, that way, was completely embarrassing.

It was really crazy to see that. I came home with just a couple of minutes left in the game and saw that they were up 27-10 and the announcers were talking about how it was one of the largest leads they have ever had on them in Reliant or something, which now I am thinking that isn't true because they beat them pretty bad a year or two ago in Reliant, but I walked into the other room to get the clothes out of the dryer and walked back in the room to see that the score was then 27-24...and they Colts were at the Texan 5 yard line...I was completely shocked. Truth be told, I am a Jaguar fan but to see them collapse like that was truly disheartening.

• 2 months later...