Strip Centers Along Telge Rd.

cnote

Has anyone noticed the new strip centers going in along Telge Rd. north of 290 from Cricket Hollow to Huffmeister?...I can't get over they way they look. They are grey concrete cinder block facades with giant tin faces along the top. I will try to snap some pics when I have a chance.

There was originally two next to each other across from Northwest Forest, but now there is a third going up at the corner of Telge and Jarvis. I really hope these things aren't done and they will at least paint the cinder blocks. As of right now, they are about the ugliest strip centers I have ever seen...and that is saying something from someone who grew up along 1960.

So...does anyone know the developer or have any idea how these things are going to end up looking?

• 3 weeks later...
Where is the "DEMOS" artist when you need him???

I called the number listed by this and asked if construction was complete. Unfortunately, he said it was...

I then told him it was the tackiest thing I'd ever seen, for whatever that was worth.

Either this guy is just super-cheap, or he's married to a 400 lb woman with a mustache that he thinks is beautiful.

I called the number listed by this and asked if construction was complete. Unfortunately, he said it was...

I then told him it was the tackiest thing I'd ever seen, for whatever that was worth.

Either this guy is just super-cheap, or he's married to a 400 lb woman with a mustache that he thinks is beautiful.

What's the number? I would like to call him too.

What's the number? I would like to call him too.

I don't have it memorized but it's posted right outside their location on Telge. If you get it, post it.

Maybe if he gets enough phone calls he'll get the message and do something about it.... If he doesn't get the message, at least he'll know what people think of his garbage can disguised as a building.

It looks like the center at the corner of Telge and Jarvis is going to be a gas station, and a big one at that. I haven't noticed any signs but hopefully this isn't being done by the same guy. It looks like they are building some peaks on the roof, so hopefully a different style...

Also, those shopping centers wouldn't be that bad if they maybe painted the cinder blocks an off white color, to make it look like limestone, kinda go for a texas hillcounty look with limestone and a tin roof...I am reaching here...

Can someone post a photograph? I have no idea where Telge is, but they sound so hated that I may love them.

It's directly across from the Northwest Forest Conference Center. In front of Enchanted Valley (I think?)

The Enchanted Valley HOA needs to jump all over this guy.

I drove by yesterday. They're... unique. At least it looks like there was some potential there. They attempted to make them a little different than the prefab walls with a few accent stones that are going up everywhere (not that those are particularly unattractive, just... boring.)

But yeah, I think it's time to go back to the architect and say "Oh well, they looked nice on paper. Now what can we do to salvage this in a reasonably inexpensive way?"

• 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Strip Centers Along Telge Rd.

Archived