I wish HAIF...

editor

Ahhh, the 'ol Fishtank advertisement. I truly hate that one :)

On a sidenote.. how do you upload to the haif gallery.

I went to that area but didnt see an upload option ?

Is the gallery only for viewing and we upload elsewhere ?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always have trouble remembering how to do it. Its not very intuitive.

Go to "My Albums"

If you dont have a "My Albums", you may have to create a new Album under Gallery.

Then hit "Edit my albums" on the left menu.

Under controls where the pull down menu says "select an option" choose "upload image"

Give it a name, caption, etc, browse to the picture and press upload.

Yah.. those ads can take up lots of real estate on occasion.

Good thing I wasn't looking at this page on my iphone that i don't own yet.

beat me to it chenvert

I don't think it happens on the iPhone because the iPhone (mercifully) doesn't do Flash.

..yet.

It's definitely being gossiped as a possibility for the next iphone.

Yeah, I've heard that, too. Hopefully it will be possible to turn it off like Javascript, etc... I can't imagine waiting for some stupid flash animation to download over Edge.

Is there a .mobile site for bberrys, smart phones, whatever to access HAIF or just the regular houstonarchitecture.info page? I didn't realize I could access the site on my bberry

Yeah, I've heard that, too. Hopefully it will be possible to turn it off like Javascript, etc... I can't imagine waiting for some stupid flash animation to download over Edge.

I've never cared much for Flash animations. They always seem so tacky.

Is there a .mobile site for bberrys, smart phones, whatever to access HAIF or just the regular houstonarchitecture.info page? I didn't realize I could access the site on my bberry

Right now there are two options:

Diet HAIF and HAIF:Now

HAIF:Now is best for iPhones and iPods. Diet HAIF works with most other phones and devices, but is read-only.

I wish HAIF gallery accepted bmp files

Done. But it can't make thumbnails. BMP files aren't automatically supported by the server because they're bandwidth and resource hogs. But I wedged a little something in and now you can upload BMPs, but they'll display in the gallery with this icon:

bmp.gif

which you then have to click to display.

Also, since I was playing around with it, you can now upload MP3 files, AVIs, MOVs, MPEGs, and some other things. In theory, anyway.

Would give everyone a free hamburger... all the way! :P

Done.

On May 15th, go into your local McDonald's and buy a medium drink and they'll give you a free Southern-Style Chicken Sandwich. Tell 'em I sent you.

I wish the people on HAIF didn't cop such attitudes an act like know-it-alls in everything. Everything.

Yeah. I wish it was unique to HAIF because then I could do something about it. But the whole freakin' internet is full of asshats these days.

I wish the people on HAIF didn't cop such attitudes an act like know-it-alls in everything. Everything.

I hope you're not talking about me. I'm the resident court jesture compared to some of you fine people.

That and I've been high for 3 weeks, so anything remarkably intelligent that comes out of my fingers is highly suspect.

I hope you're not talking about me. I'm the resident court jesture compared to some of you fine people.

That and I've been high for 3 weeks, so anything remarkably intelligent that comes out of my fingers is highly suspect.

Not you. But those who are know who they are.

Yeah, he's talking about me. But I go on vacation starting tonight, venturing to far-away lands devoid of a populace, and won't be back until Wednesday morning. That'll help.

FWIW, though, its not just an act--I really do know everything. :)

Yeah, he's talking about me. But I go on vacation starting tonight, venturing to far-away lands devoid of a populace, and won't be back until Wednesday morning. That'll help.

FWIW, though, its not just an act--I really do know everything. :)

See, it wasn't you either.

Man, a lot of folks have guilty-conscience.

I know I'm not one because I know I don't know everything. If I knew everything, I'd know which people on The HAIF were copping attitudes.

Hey, houstonmacbro knows who they are. Maybe houstonmacbro thinks he knows everything... :)

I know I'm not one because I know I don't know everything. If I knew everything, I'd know which people on The HAIF were copping attitudes.

Hey, houstonmacbro knows who they are. Maybe houstonmacbro thinks he knows everything... :)

I CERTAINLY don't know everything (have you ever seen how many of my posts end in a question mark)?

• 4 weeks later...
Lost me too, not sure what the beef is, pictures are posted all the time????????????

I think Montrose1100 wants to be able to add them to HAI, not The HAIF. I don't know why. It isn't a wiki.

Archived