Welcome To Your Ozone Season!

From your friends at TCEQ, formerly known as the TNRCC!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HoustonChronicle.com -- http://www.HoustonChronicle.com | Section: Front page

Air-testing network is far from complete

As ozone season begins, the state has no money to monitor pollution in the suburbs

By DINA CAPPIELLO, Houston Chronicle, 03/02/05

RESOURCES

OZONE WARNINGS

Parents, coaches, school nurses and others can sign up to receive e-mail notices of ozone advisories by logging on to one of the following Web sites:

Yeah!!!,  Ozone season.  Can't for some of those ridiculous warnings and just laugh.  It's like the heat index they always trot out in the summer time.

Yeah, asthema attacks and heat strokes are a real scream.

Perhaps this summer you can drop in at any emergency room and share your sense of humor with the crowds waiting there; I'm sure you'll get the reception you deserve.

The heat we feel in Houston is no different than 20, 30, 40, or 80 years ago.

Sure, there is some increase in temps due to concrete, but nothing too severe.

My grandmother (84yrs old) is always freaking out over the heat index, but she used to wash close by hand out in a tin shack in the summertime. She survived quite well. I feel it just another way to scare people. Just giving names to things that always existed can scare a person who may not be educated enough in the topic. They always experienced it before, they now know it has a name.

Archived