Shell Gas Station At 10801 South Post Oak Rd.

Anyone know what's going on at this Shell station? They took out the underground tanks and the pumps last week. They backfilled the hole and the windows and doors have been boarded up since.

flipper

Not sure, but it looks like they are putting in new fuel storage tanks. I don't think anything new is going in since they haven't touched the store.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
Anyone know what's going on at this Shell station? They took out the underground tanks and the pumps last week. They backfilled the hole and the windows and doors have been boarded up since.

flipper

P.S. It looks like the Shell is open for business again.

• 4 months later...

Now what's up with the addition on the back & sides of the Shell station?

The color scheme on the back looks like the new Burger King's color scheme! Could you imagine if there was a Burger King opening right there?

Edit: I could be wrong. I need to go in and ask what's going on. A small video game arcade could be it too. ha

Edited by ekdrm2d1

I've been trying to figure this one out myself. The tower structure on top of the building seems pretty odd for a Burger King...

This is true. I don't see why the tower would be in place for just a Burger King.

I do not eat Burger King. When I eat fast food, I eat someplace else. S. Post Oak to West Belfort there's a ton of fast food places. Or Travel to Bissonnet & ? (Episcopal High School) and go to Wendy's.

I guess this will open my experience to the whole menu at Burger King. Ha

Edit:

There was a Burger King on S. Post Oak/Willow a while back?

"Westbury Square memories"

http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/index.php?showtopic=3613&st=30

That is a fantastic photo! Amazing to see what the area around my first house, in Westbury South, looked like just before it was built in the Spring of 1961. Many vacant lots. I was on the west side of Landsdowne, between Fontenelle and Firenza. We were really out in the boonies then. Had to go a Burger King on Post Oak, near WillowBend, for our first Whoppers. The races at Meyer Speedway on Saturday nights sounded like they were almost next door.

Edited by ekdrm2d1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've noticed a couple things recently.

Landscape on the corner is nice. They have like 5 individual 'landscapes'.

A lot of the lighting is done and the signs say "Open Soon"

By the drive thru, they have a lit up sign that says "Wifi" That's pretty cool, free Wifi in a Burger King.

Can't wait to start getting fat, for a cheap price :lol:

• The title was changed to Gas Station At South Post Oak Rd. & Willowbend Blvd.
  • The title was changed to Shell Gas Station At 10801 South Post Oak Rd.