Sign in to follow this  
Porchman

Beer

4 hours ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

deGarde is sour wild ales, so you take antacid medicine before you go to a beer event. Sour beers can turn your stomach!

I can’t imagine purposefully consuming something you have to take a prophylactic dose of medication before drinking. That seems like nature telling you you’re not supposed to drink it. With fermented food and drink, there is a thin line between transformed and just spoiled. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

I've heard a few sets of people talk about opening Meyerland's first brewery.  Is there a Meyerland, Bellaire, West U brewery?

The closest would probably be Baileson Brewing on Bissonnet just west of Greenbriar. I think it's right on the edge of West U, but not that close to Meyerland.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2018 at 6:28 PM, asubrt said:

The closest would probably be Baileson Brewing on Bissonnet just west of Greenbriar. I think it's right on the edge of West U, but not that close to Meyerland.

You seem very knowledgeable! Thanks

My craft beer preference aren't the norm(stouts and porters) so it's easy for me to avoid basic beers.  I think Brash has distinguished themselves as the Houston brewery for stouts.  I'm ok with the number of breweries, we haven't reached Portland levels.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 8:00 PM, ekdrm2d1 said:

I've heard a few sets of people talk about opening Meyerland's first brewery.  Is there a Meyerland, Bellaire, West U brewery?

I'd be at a Meyerland / Bellaire brewery every weekend. I hope there's some truth to these rumors! That area seems to be in a dead zone for breweries. 

• Like 1

Brother is in town from Seattle. Doing a brewery crawl. Going out to Crosby to Ingenious Brewing, then Spindletap, Sigma, and finally Saint Arnold.

SA apparently has a bunch of old BB or Devine at their new space. Will be my first time visiting their addition. Heard it’s big.

Ingenious & Turning Point Beer's collaboration Fruit with Friends. It's a tart Berliner Blueberry Bramble.

Such an amazing beer! Tastes like a tart fruit juice. Nobody else in Houston does this.

GuFckXf.jpg

• Like 2

Peanut Butter beers are my new favorite. Sadly, they're not very popular. Grocery stores seem to carry only one offering. The PB staple around town is Saloon Door Brewing's Tasty AF stout.

Cheers. Had a great day. Got an exclusive peak inside a building :ph34r:

fruit juice beer, peanut butter beer...

tenor.gif?itemid=10731565

Edited by mollusk
  • Like 2

Saint Arnold's French Press isn't bad.  Imperial Coffee Porter coming in at 9.4% ABV for only $9 a six pack. Real bang for your buck. Crushable too.  It's light like a milk stout. Doesn't taste imperial-like.

UmOPfdA.jpg

• Like 2

About to head to the 4th annual Naughty List 33+ tap takeover at Conservatory if anyone wants to meet up. Stopping by the Hines towers first.

• Like 3

D&Q on Richmond had some Ingenious today.  Finally trying their French Soda sour.  Tastes like a strawberry Big Red soda. 

xeNWewj.jpg

12 minutes ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

D&Q on Richmond had some Ingenious today.  Finally trying their French Soda sour.  Tastes like a strawberry Big Red soda. 

xeNWewj.jpg

I read this with a passing glance and thought it said DQ on Richmond.  I was like, wait...where is there a DQ on Richmond and when did they start selling alcohol?  😀

• Like 2

On 12/6/2019 at 7:00 PM, mollusk said:

fruit juice beer, peanut butter beer...

tenor.gif?itemid=10731565

Lots of peanut butter beers this month. Drinking a Peanut Butter & Jelly imperial stout.  Heavy on the blackberries  Smells good too.  Try it out! 

At least they have truth in labeling down - it sounds demonically inspired.  #tastyaleFTW  :ph34r:

I'm waiting on the pizza flavored beer.  That seems like it would be more efficient.

• Like 1