Houston Beer

Last night, I had one of these:

avery+Maharaja.jpg

And these four:

imperial_ipa_4pk.jpg

Waking up this morning wasn't easy.

I really like "insanely hoppy IPA". Have you tried Bear Republic's Racer 5 IPA?

Yeah, great stuff. I tried my first one about a month ago. I picked it up at Central Market after I saw the silt on the bottom of the bottle. I've never had a bad beer that was cloudy and silty, and the Racer 5 was no exception.

Divine Reserve 9 begins brewing next week and will be available in November/December! Its a pumpkin beer.

gag.

It's because of this sort of fruits and berries stuff that I got bored with craft beer years ago. I'll be hangin' with that dude in Red's avatar, drinking regular, manly beer. And liquor. Waiting for those damn kids to get off my lawn.

• Like 1

gag.

It's because of this sort of fruits and berries stuff that I got bored with craft beer years ago. I'll be hangin' with that dude in Red's avatar, drinking regular, manly beer. And liquor. Waiting for those damn kids to get off my lawn.

Much of it fruity etc beer is bad, some of it is good. I will reserve judgment on chocolate pumpkin beer. :)

gag.

dont devastate the youngsters

Much of it fruity etc beer is bad, some of it is good. I will reserve judgment on chocolate pumpkin beer. :)

Dogfish Head Brewery has been making Pumpkin Beer for several years. It is available at Specs. It's Ok, but too sweet. I stick with their 90 Minute IPA.

Edited by gto250us

Yeah, I don't like it. There's a lot of Dogfish Head I don't like, actually, and its hard for me to find any IPA I like. Elissa's alright.

I like my beer to have taste. I will drink water before I drink anything made by Bud, Miller, Coors, Corona, etc., etc.

Anyway, because some make fruits and berries beers is not a sufficient reason to get bored with craft beer as a whole. I call foul! :)

It's not?? I used to spend a lot of time and money on trying new beers. After a while, I realized that I was drinking only a little bit of great beer and a whole lot of 'moo' beer. I still like craft beer, but there are just too many chewy, over-flavored and too-sweet ales. I prefer a really crisp, hoppy pils. St Arnold's summer one is pretty good, actually.

I've always been much more of a liquor person, anyway. I am of the belief that heaven is Clive Owen and Gerard Butler serving my evening small-batch bourbon over a pair of geometrically perfect ice cubes made from pure, heavenly rainwater...NOT chocolate-persimmon-pumkin-butternut reserve ale # 11 in a logo pint glass. ;)

It's not?? I used to spend a lot of time and money on trying new beers. After a while, I realized that I was drinking only a little bit of great beer and a whole lot of 'moo' beer. I still like craft beer, but there are just too many chewy, over-flavored and too-sweet ales. I prefer a really crisp, hoppy pils. St Arnold's summer one is pretty good, actually.

Yes, that is a pretty good craft beer. :lol:

I like liquor, I like beer, I like it all. My cabinet is stocked with Glenmorangie Port Wood Finish and Balvenie among others.

Is this thing still around?

Last sightings of DR8 were that it was tapped last night at Taps House of Beers...probably gone, but maybe not?

Khon's in Midtown had about 8 bottles left yesterday night, unknown if they still have a couple. Little Big's Sliders had it in bottle last week, not sure if they still do.

Yes, that is a pretty good craft beer. laugh.gif

I like liquor, I like beer, I like it all. My cabinet is stocked with Glenmorangie Port Wood Finish and Balvenie among others.

What's it like to be able to keep a liquor cabinet stocked? I've long marvelled at people who posess restraint. Alas, it is not a character trait that I possess.

What's it like to be able to keep a liquor cabinet stocked? I've long marvelled at people who posess restraint. Alas, it is not a character trait that I possess.

The next thing I covet is a really nice little antique bar. They sell some beautiful restored antique ones at Roxbury Antiques on Westheimer.

The next thing I covet is a really nice little antique bar. They sell some beautiful restored antique ones at Roxbury Antiques on Westheimer.

Funny you say this. I'm building one for my gf. I have the frame done. I'm in the process of sanding down the back. I have the wood to build the wine glass racks. slide out working shelf, built-in wine cooler, mirror, shelves and such.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
e tapping til Tuesday. Each bar only got one keg and no more will be produced. I struck out at Kroger's on West Gray and Kroger's on Montrose, but I hear other Kroger's still have sixers.

I'm currently sitting at Little Big's (burger place on Montrose near Westheimer) drinking a DR8 bottle ($3.75...cheap!) and its delicious (toffee, chocolate, raisin flavors) and surprisingly drinkable for an ABV of 9.3%. Rumor has it that Rudyard's, Onion Creek, and The Drinkery tapped it tonight. I'm about to pedal over to Rudyard's.<br><br><br><br>Edit: confirmed on tap at Rudyard's, $7.50. Mmmmmm<br>

I was one of those at Spec's this morning that didn't get their beer

after all that waiting soooooooooooooooooo i drove directly to the Krogers on Montrose

even tho I KNEW they wouldn't be getting their shipment ready to sell till 7am THURSDAY

I asked the manager about that and he said

they would take names today and reserve one 6 pack for pickup THURSDAY