Adios Shady Grove RV park

crunchtastic

I'm frankly surprised it hung around this long, and a visit this past weekend from my Austin friends confirmed it. The Shady Grove RV park on Barton Springs, a true slice of vintage hippie Austin, is history. Now when I slurp down margaritas at Baby A's next door, I can watch the condo construction.

http://www.kvue.com/news/culpepper/stories...b.1aadb3e0.html

Austin's condo market is crazy. At a time when every other city in the country is having to deal with a condo glut and waning demand, Austin is only now really even kicking off its condo boom. I'm certain that these new projects that are just breaking ground are going to deliver in a selling environment better than it is now, but even in the best of times, Austin would have difficulty digesting what's coming down the pike...and "better than it is now" won't cut it.

EDIT: Another thing that is disconcerting is that just about all of Austin's employment growth is occuring in the suburbs.

Austin's condo market is crazy. At a time when every other city in the country is having to deal with a condo glut and waning demand, Austin is only now really even kicking off its condo boom. I'm certain that these new projects that are just breaking ground are going to deliver in a selling environment better than it is now, but even in the best of times, Austin would have difficulty digesting what's coming down the pike...and "better than it is now" won't cut it.

EDIT: Another thing that is disconcerting is that just about all of Austin's employment growth is occuring in the suburbs.

12,000 units in and around the CBD currently in construction or planned for construction in the near future.... :blink:

good luck with all that.

Archived